Forum › Citrus discussion

C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Oh man, I know this will turn into a happy end, I hope so (and a average to good one, please), but in this chapter I cried like a little baby, damn it, this went right in the feels...

joined Apr 7, 2016

I feel like saburouta could end Citrus with 10 volumes (40 chapters) if she wanted to rush things, but since this series is very popular and is getting her lots of bank it’s possible for saburouta to make Citrus 12 volumes long. 12 volumes would be great as long as she doesn’t squeeze in anymore melodrama and just focuses on fleshing out Yuzu and Mei’s relationship.

We all know Citrus is going to have a happy ending. It’s all up to saburouta to make the happy ending a good one.

I think there's a 50/50 chance that this is the case. Citrus is making Saburouta mad money, so she's obviously going to continue it. But at the same time, it's been going on for 5 years. I have to wonder if she's starting to get tired of the series, hence the time skip, and wants to speed things up a little. (Also, even if she does continue it, who's to say she won't put in more drama again just so she can keep making more bank?)

Ending it at Vol. 12 would be great, though. That's, what, 12 more chapters? That should be enough to wrap up everything else in a neat little package and with a good happy ending. That's much better than just rushing it in 4 chapters and ending the series at 10 vols. with an over-the-top cliche happy ending like some people are speculating.

joined Aug 13, 2017

Seems to be still ingrained in most mangakás and the real/major audience (Japanese people) the idea of Yuri as a fuc***g big bad drama with cliché happy end, I don't total dislike, actually I think that drama is important to to every story, but good drama, not this thing with fiancés, and outing (oh, I'm a girl I can't date girls) and things like this. Of course I'll continuing reading, but I'm kind of tired because most of the authors continue to write in this way.

Also I know I can most of the time look into a work and use a logical view, such as know that in the end things will end up well, which is better than the previous trending with tragedy ending, but it's hard to maintain this thought with the middle fuc**ng up everything like 'my feels' with so much angst, LOL.

And because this, now I'm more into Manhwa, that we have much less material, but in comparison have much more mature stories (at least I feel that), which have drama, a lot tbh, but I feel that is less (not without any) cliché drama.

(sorry for bad English, I'm a non native speaker writing in a mix of rage, sadness and crying)

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 8:41PM

joined Aug 13, 2017

I feel like saburouta could end Citrus with 10 volumes (40 chapters) if she wanted to rush things, but since this series is very popular and is getting her lots of bank it’s possible for saburouta to make Citrus 12 volumes long. 12 volumes would be great as long as she doesn’t squeeze in anymore melodrama and just focuses on fleshing out Yuzu and Mei’s relationship.

We all know Citrus is going to have a happy ending. It’s all up to saburouta to make the happy ending a good one.

I think there's a 50/50 chance that this is the case. Citrus is making Saburouta mad money, so she's obviously going to continue it. But at the same time, it's been going on for 5 years. I have to wonder if she's starting to get tired of the series, hence the time skip, and wants to speed things up a little. (Also, even if she does continue it, who's to say she won't put in more drama again just so she can keep making more bank?)

Ending it at Vol. 12 would be great, though. That's, what, 12 more chapters? That should be enough to wrap up everything else in a neat little package and with a good happy ending. That's much better than just rushing it in 4 chapters and ending the series at 10 vols. with an over-the-top cliche happy ending like some people are speculating.

I was just looking around on twitter to see more people crying about chapter 36 and some people was saying that will be a total of 50 chapter, someone even posted some print https://twitter.com/Clairthompsn/status/964878467576844290, not that this kind of source is reliable but I really hope so

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

this is fine

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Told you, I didn't have to explain how bad this chapter was, everyone else is doing it for me.

I%20like%20love%20live%20im%20even%20rank%20150%20in%20the%20_6d4b0ed47a48c727fe02158b82c383df
joined Jan 17, 2018

what the fuck i just read

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Blnjpmvciaahk9w
joined Aug 1, 2016

Disappointed in this ending here. Very disappointed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Disappointed in this ending here. Very disappointed.

As several people have pointed out, it's not the ending.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm not exactly a fan of Mei - never been but I'm not particularly mad at her in this chapter. I felt it was a necessary turning point for both of them to "mature".

Up until now Yuzu had been floating in the clouds - so straightforward and in love. She's so into the moment it's unrealistic. On the other hand, Mei was just "pretending" to be mature. Now it will be interesting to see how they move on from here, I personally liked Yuzu's character development.

One way or another, even if the marriage was decided by Mei or their tradition, Udagawa-san can still back out if he feels like it (if he's the fiancé). I didn't think there's a possibility of Citrus going over them being high schoolers but now I kinda want to see how this would be laid out.

I feel sad for Yuzu nonetheless but it's a good chapter, thanks for the trans and scans. :)

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

MAH HEART!
Ugh, but seriously though, I hate this "I am in very gay love with you but I have to marry a man because of responsibilities and expectations" trope because yuri has such a bumpy track-records when it comes to happy endings. Normally, I would have just been able to tell myself that it'll be fine, it'll work out in the end, but because it's yuri, it can go either way because drama. I can seriously see the next chapter taking place after a friggin' time-skip where Mei has been married for years. Ugh!

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

[...] so now you had to grasp at straws with someone else, huh. Plan on stalking me as well?

No, nor was it my intention for Cannibal, really. I felt insulted, I responded accordingly, that was more verbal jousting than anything else. I guess I shouldn't have.

Mei. It goes a little bit like this: ATTA girl, Mei, good BOI, Mei, be a slave to your family and honor them while neglecting Yuzu who you absolutely know has been working hard for your sorry ass. Here, have your academy and miserable married life!

Basically yes,. On one hand, you can live a loving life with your step-sister but lose your heritage, knowing that love faltters in time and you're not sure it will work out in the long run.

On the other hand, you have as steady business that works and could help your family prosper should you have one yourself in the future. Something that has some weight in society and gives you advantages. Perhaps it's my fault looking at it through a practical lens, but it can make sense to make this choice, even if it's not what you could expect from a romance story.

Completely cutting off Yuzu is a dick move, but that doesn't make the story bad, just a melodrama. I'm glad we had an explanation from Mei though.

I think there was a question about how far the anime will go (or was it elsewhere?) but I can't find the post, my guess that it'll end at vol4 (since the sisters appear). Going to vol5 without doing vol6 would be weird since this is some kind of transition volume focusing on the friendship between Yuzu and Harumin, and I'd wager they'd need more episode to cover everything up to vol6.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 11:50PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

spiels posted:

One way or another, even if the marriage was decided by Mei or their tradition, Udagawa-san can still back out if he feels like it (if he's the fiancé).

I don't know if I'm okay with that "Hey Yuzu, he dumped me so I guess we can date now" yeah that won't do.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 10:20PM

joined Jan 22, 2018

This is the worse scenario that I had been dreading since knowing that Yuzu and Mei are step-sisters. it sucks to be honest that Mei still chose to marry her fiance in order to inherit the academy? what a load of bullshit!! I know this new development will probably make the story better in the long run but I still feel bad for Yuzu. she's so deeply in love with Mei. Yuzu gave everything to Mei while Mei on the other hand couldn't gave that love back. if I was a friend of Yuzu. I'll probably tell her that Mei is not worth fighting for but since I'm a reader, I want them to be the endgame couple.

Sometimes I wonder, who the hell is the intended audience?
It's way too shallow for adults and inappropriate for kids. So it's for manchilds?

joined Jan 22, 2018

Sometimes I wonder, who the hell is the intended audience?
It's way too shallow for adults and inappropriate for kids. So it's for manchilds?

Who cares? As long you are entertained by it. other people's opinion shouldn't matter

Images%20(6)
joined Mar 12, 2017

My heart breaks into pieces T.T

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I know that people get really emotional about Mei, but everyone has to realize that Yuzu is as broken as Mei is. The only difference is that Yuzu actually has social skills. See, any normal person would get quick the fact that Mei has serious issues and would keep their distance. Yuzu however seems to be attracted to that. As it was pointed out earlier in the thread, if Mei resembles her father on how she handles relationships, Yuzu resembles Ume. Ume never moved past the death of Yuzu's dad and she has a thing for helping people she finds troubled. Yuzu is mimicking this behavior to a T.

This is why Mei having a talk face to face couldn't work, they're so attached to each other that they would've continued in that vicious cycle. At this point is not an exaggeration to say they're addicted to each other. Under that perspective, Mei's actions make perfect sense.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is this shit over already?
(-_-)zzzZZZ

joined Jan 22, 2018

@Dark_Tzitzimine

IMO Mei choosing to marry her fiance in order to inherit the academy and to please her grandfather over Yuzu has nothing to with her social skills/issues.

what really hurts me as a reader is that Mei chose this decision not because she was forced unto it but because she wanted it more than how much she love Yuzu.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 11:03PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But it is.

Mei was raised with outdated values and that is why she doesn't see any other option that take upon herself the responsibility of keeping the Aihara legacy going. This why ultimately, if there's someone to blame here is Shou.

People in the west can sympathize with the fact he said "screw family" and left, but that is still a pretty shitty thing to do because he's not a twenty something bachelor with no responsibilities, he's a father and he should be the one to care and provide for his daughter. People will said "But he asked Mei to come with him!" Yes, after ten years of teaching her that being strict and carrying proudly the Aihara legacy was the only way to live.You can't simply ask a kid to drop all of their beliefs to the wind just like that. Hell, you can't even ask that of mature adults! And yet Shou was pretty much like "Well though luck kid, see ya!"

EDIT:

what really hurts me as a reader is that Mei chose this decision not because she was forced unto it but because she wanted it more than how much she love Yuzu.

This is what I meant about people being passionate about Mei. Mei choosed the marriage not because she wanted it more but because she loved Yuzu that much

Mei has come to terms with her own issues and she's being selfless for the first time in the entire story, she's removing herself so she doesn't hurt Yuzu more. At this point of the story, Mei choosing to remain at Yuzu's side would be truly selfish since due her upbringing she isn't able to forget about her duties as heiress (and I assume, that is why this chapter was so liked in Japan. Family honor and traditions are big things for them).

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 11:10PM

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

NOOOOO MEI YOU IDIOT ;((((

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is this shit over already?
(-_-)zzzZZZ

Yes. You can move on to a new series now.

joined Jan 22, 2018

@Dark_Tzitzimine

my main point is that Mei chose this decision herself regardless of how bad her social skill is. what drives her into this decision is all because of her dream of inheriting the Aihara family and not just because she only wanted to keep her family's tradition.

this new chapter is frustrating all of us and dividing us but all we want is a happy ending for both of them. but it will be hard for the readers to forgive Mei that easily. I don't know how can she redeem herself after this.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 11:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.