Forum › Anime season

joined Feb 15, 2013

I'm glad GLT is receiving the love it deserves.

I don't think it even received enough praises.

I will consider an anime to have a good ending if it managed to tear me up. Got tears in my eyes 3 times during ep 12, the camera scene, Nuko final word, and as the ending credit roll in.

I start to believe in anime again

last edited at Feb 5, 2018 10:58AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The immersion is kill

joined Oct 4, 2015

Except that's probably that the measured hand length given here is from an adult woman, those sugar/fat lethal values are for injection not consumption and also...

I doubt Rin's carrying 40 kg with one hand? It's probably just a ten liter bucket.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I loved one of the side couples more than the main

Which one are you talking about?

Side couples is the reason why I consider giving it another chance eventually. I just really hated the main couple.

Same tbh. Like I only gave a chance to Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 'cause it had a yuri couple. Otherwise its just garbage in the name of anime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

mei is waifu posted:

Hikari and Amane !!
Also these girls https://static.zerochan.net/Strawberry.Panic%21.full.412331.jpg in the background that I don't remember their name were really cute.

A place further than the universe today we had character development for the only one left, Hinata! which is my favorite girl

last edited at Feb 6, 2018 1:32PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

A place further than the universe today we had character development for the only one left, Hinata! which is my favorite girl

Hinata is great and this episode was really good (okay, so far every episode has been good). I loved how the show handled two stubborn people getting into an argument. And it still ended on a lighthearted note!
I kind of want to ship Shirase and Hinata together now.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

mei is waifu posted:

Hikari and Amane !!

110% better than Shizuma and Nagisa. I also like Kaname and Momomi, even if they were the ''Villains'' :P

Also these girls https://static.zerochan.net/Strawberry.Panic%21.full.412331.jpg in the background that I don't remember their name were really cute.

As far as I remember, these girls weren't a couple. Its been a long time since I saw the anime so I might be wrong.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Welp, I haven't watched any anime besides Gintama(just now) since Konohana kitan ended(didn't even finish the others) and I got a question...or rather, a fear...is Citrus the only ongoing anime with yuri content at the moment? Not counting regular CGDCT shipping, of course.

Sh*t!! Is that the new PreCure already? I haven't finished KiraKira! I doubt anything gay happened tho...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

is Citrus the only ongoing anime with yuri content at the moment? Not counting regular CGDCT shipping, of course.

As far as I know Citrus is the only thing airing with confirmed yuri couples. I have to note that Maerchen Maedchen has some pretty eyebrow-raising moments, though

Sh*t!! Is that the new PreCure already?

It seems fairly decent. Solid direction, not too ugly, characters are tolerable. Probably going to be one of the better installments

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Thanks!

It seems fairly decent. Solid direction, not too ugly, characters are tolerable. Probably going to be one of the better installments

please have hand to hand combat!!! PLEASE?

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yuru camp and Ramen daisuki are great. I can watch it without need to rest for every two minutes from the cringe watching overused anime character cliches (mostly Toji no miko's MC). I still finished them episode though.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 7:01AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

is Citrus the only ongoing anime with yuri content at the moment? Not counting regular CGDCT shipping, of course.

As far as I know Citrus is the only thing airing with confirmed yuri couples. I have to note that Maerchen Maedchen has some pretty eyebrow-raising moments, though

Sh*t!! Is that the new PreCure already?

Slow Start has Hisa's(Saki) daughter, Eiko.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Slow start promotional stuff https://i.imgur.com/8UQnAC0.jpg I guess this count as spoilers but it raises my hype a lot When the hunter becomes the prey

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Thanks!

please have hand to hand combat!!! PLEASE?

Well, last Kira Kira episode, Cure Yell showed up kicking up everything, so probably.
The first fight was fast, though.

But looks great, regardless.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bQwqFv-0Q

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 5:35PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Are all Yuus just bound to suffer? Halfway through Koizumi-san and she has shown nothing but emotions for ramen. I know that's the point of the show, but Yuu sure is fighting to contradict it, in vain.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Slow start promotional stuff https://i.imgur.com/8UQnAC0.jpg I guess this count as spoilers but it raises my hype a lot When the hunter becomes the prey

That's not where I expected that to go, but it does make me a lot more interested in the series

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Slow Start has Hisa's(Saki) daughter, Eiko.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Serenata posted:

I thought takunomi was about drunk girls or just having a nice time together but is just propaganda like the ramen otaku antisocial girl.

Okay this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than antisocial ramen girl hahaha
https://i.imgur.com/MidUbUF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QCsb43f.jpg
Still is mostly propaganda TwT

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Serenata posted:

I thought takunomi was about drunk girls or just having a nice time together but is just propaganda like the ramen otaku antisocial girl.

Okay this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than antisocial ramen girl hahaha
https://i.imgur.com/MidUbUF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QCsb43f.jpg
Still is mostly propaganda TwT

Will they go back to talk about finding boyfriends in the next episode, tho?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, I think they're all single and it will be over without any het or yuri relationship anyway... still cute!

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Funny realization I had regarding Love Live Sunshine. Hanamaru's backstory states that she spent her entire life a background character, and she joins to actually star on stage.

She ends up little more than a background character anyway by the rest of the series.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rain Spectre posted:

Funny realization I had regarding Love Live Sunshine. Hanamaru's backstory states that she spent her entire life a background character, and she joins to actually star on stage.

She ends up little more than a background character anyway by the rest of the series.

Yeah, well in fact she's the less popular in the group and probably in the pools too... I blame the writes that didn't gave her an episode for herself beyond introduction (I talked about this before), her zuras weren't as popular as the Nyas of Rin and Riko took away Yoshiko from her, then there was only Ruby left who had an oneechan complex and later paired with the girl from Saint snow... In short, there was nothing left for her to become popular.

last edited at Feb 10, 2018 3:06PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Its more that the overarching plot of Sunshine ultimately rendered half the girls worthless. Besides Chika, the only ones able to actually interact with it were the Third-Years (who got the majority of the focus). Even Ruby's relevance only came in extension to Dia. You, Riko, Yoshiko and Hanamaru meant literally nothing by the end.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Its more that the overarching plot of Sunshine ultimately rendered half the girls worthless. Besides Chika, the only ones able to actually interact with it were the Third-Years (who got the majority of the focus). Even Ruby's relevance only came in extension to Dia. You, Riko, Yoshiko and Hanamaru meant literally nothing by the end.

...The third-year focus was only in S1, and Riko still got more focus than any of them. And Kanan was never given anything to do

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I'm glad that citrus is an anime; we need more actual yuri anime not just for fan service of two characters in an anime. Citrus is a good manga/anime as it deals with being in love with the same gender and touches upon what restraints society puts on Japanese girls. Yuzu is my favourite character in this manga/anime she has growth in her feelings and tries to put other people's feeling before her own. She is also tries to communicate her feelings to people and doesn't stay silent. She isn't a generic character like in you see in shounen manga's that doesn't talk to other characters about the issues.

Citrus does have its issues with nearly every girl character being gay and other issues but it’s an anime/manga that we need. I have seen people that don't watch yuri appreciate the citrus anime. This is a good thing that yuri anime/manga needs. We need more exposure and funding which means we will get more yuri anime not bait yuri anime like hibike. The citrus anime has renewed my interest in the genera again. I hope citrus does well as it will spawn other yuri anime.

To reply you must either login or sign up.