Forum › Citrus discussion

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Not enough facepalm in the world...

Apparently you're losing your edge, Nez-chan...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

As a university student I'm used to seeing lots of text, but the last two pages of this thread were really something else...

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

Lots of love for Mei baby.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

That shot of Mei crying broke my heart. God damn.

Tmp_12681-artworks-000060747545-2hy0v5-t500x500_zps0a3b726b-1170585350
joined Aug 20, 2015

Marathoned the entire series just now. Darn that's just... man. Does anyone know what the release/translation schedule is?

(Or at least tell me when the next chapter's coming out... Please.)

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

When will Mei stop suffering?? She doesn't deserve any of this...

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Marathoned the entire series just now. Darn that's just... man. Does anyone know what the release/translation schedule is?

(Or at least tell me when the next chapter's coming out... Please.)

Chapters are out every month, the 16/17th of the month when Yuri Hime comic is released. Of course, if the author did a pause when releasing a volume, you have to wait another month. Next chapter is the 16th of February, just wait for 4 days to one week for the translation from Chaosteam (or a little more when there are busy times). They try to be quick but they want quality too, so you just have to be a little more patient, it all worth it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Let's hope dad stops being an idiot and comes back to take her place.

joined Sep 4, 2016

I disagree. She could say no to her grandfather. She could politely explain the situation to Udagawa. But she doesn't. She might be suffering, but it's self-inflicted. As the saying goes, you can't always have you cake and eat it too. She needs to decide if she wants to please everyone else around her, or if she wants to be truly happy, Either way, someone will end up disappointed or hurt. That's a fact of life.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I disagree.

Not saying it's not her fault, but do you always deserve the things you impose to yourself? Do self-loathing character deserve the suffering they impose on themselves? Most of the times, it's kind of unfair.. Although, I can understand the general incomprehension or disdain.

Otherwise, I agree completely that she is imposing it on herself, but what to do when your life goals clash with your love life...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is getting out of hand. Cannibal. You're the only one I've been getting consistent complaints about on the entire site, and in the interests of keeping the discussion accessible by as many people as possible, I need to step in. Again.

Drop the topic. As with the Yuzumori-san discussion, if you keep it up I shall start removing your posts and possibly give you temp ban. I'd very much rather not have to do either.

Everyone else Don't keep the argument going. It's clearly fruitless at this point. Stick to discussing the manga's events rather than anyone here in particular.

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 11:32AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

This is getting out of hand. Cannibal. You're the only one I've been getting consistent complaints about on the entire site, and in the interests of keeping the discussion accessible by as many people as possible, I need to step in. Again.

Drop the topic. As with the Yuzumori-san discussion, if you keep it up I shall start removing your posts and possibly give you temp ban. I'd very much rather not have to do either.

Everyone else Don't keep the argument going. It's clearly fruitless at this point. Stick to discussing the manga's events rather than anyone here in particular.

Fucking hell, finally. Every time I want to discuss about Citrus there's always walls of text blocking me to do it

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

I disagree.

Not saying it's not her fault, but do you always deserve the things you impose to yourself? Do self-loathing character deserve the suffering they impose on themselves? Most of the times, it's kind of unfair.. Although, I can understand the general incomprehension or disdain.

Otherwise, I agree completely that she is imposing it on herself, but what to do when your life goals clash with your love life...

That is indeed her dilemma. How to solve it. Make a choice and hurting some people and losing a part of her future she would like, living with Yuzu and ruling the school on her own terms.

Or, a Deus ex machina could help her to find a third path. But i doubt it, all the manga's message, trough Shou and Yuzu, is to follow your own path without any regret. Is it really her gold life? Maybe Mei will have to reconsider it and wonder if she wasn't mistaken in believing it was what she wanted. After all, when she was ill, she almost told Yuzu she didn't really like all these responsibilities.

Anyway, i conflicted on the solution the author will give, something evident like Shou coming back or a real surprise with something unexpected.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And nothing of value was lost.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hahaha, point proven.

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 1:24PM

joined Jul 18, 2013

Does anyone know anything about the release schedule for the anime?? Found episodes 1-4 last night, but haven't heard anything else

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Does anyone know anything about the release schedule for the anime?? Found episodes 1-4 last night, but haven't heard anything else

You can get your weekly dose of "sexual assault is okay if it's yuri" at Crunchyroll on Saturdays at 8:00am PST.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I disagree.

That is indeed her dilemma. How to solve it. Make a choice and hurting some people and losing a part of her future she would like, living with Yuzu and ruling the school on her own terms.

Or, a Deus ex machina could help her to find a third path. But i doubt it, all the manga's message, trough Shou and Yuzu, is to follow your own path without any regret. Is it really her gold life? Maybe Mei will have to reconsider it and wonder if she wasn't mistaken in believing it was what she wanted. After all, when she was ill, she almost told Yuzu she didn't really like all these responsibilities.

Anyway, i conflicted on the solution the author will give, something evident like Shou coming back or a real surprise with something unexpected.

The only thing that I could see happening, other than Shou coming back, would be a super cheesy scene with Yuzu and all the girls storming the wedding and objecting, assuring gramps that all of their (powerful?) families will keep supporting Mei in the future, or some other power of friendship crap like that.

joined Jun 23, 2017

You can get your weekly dose of "sexual assault is okay if it's yuri fictional" at Crunchyroll on Saturdays at 8:00am PST.

FTFY.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You can get your weekly dose of "sexual assault is okay if it's yuri fictional" at Crunchyroll on Saturdays at 8:00am PST.

FTFY.

You clearly didn't since the teacher committing sexual assault is seen as disturbing while Mei sexual assaulting Yuzu is portrayed at romantic. Both are fictional but not treated equally.

joined Jun 23, 2017

[...] while Mei sexual assaulting Yuzu is portrayed at romantic.

That's the feeling I got while reading the manga, but the anime made it way more uncomfortable and longer with an ominous music, showing that it was definitely not okay even in terms of in-world logic; and even if it made a strong impression on Yuzu.

In a way, I think the anime made me understand what was that scene about : Mei showing Yuzu what it is to be forcefully kissed just like she was, kind of lashing out at her for her taunting about the kiss.

last edited at Jan 30, 2018 3:00PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

[...] while Mei sexual assaulting Yuzu is portrayed at romantic.

That's the feeling I got while reading the manga, but the anime made it way more uncomfortable and longer with an ominous music, showing that it was definitely not okay even in terms of in-world logic; and even if it made a strong impression on Yuzu.

In a way, I think the anime made me understand what was that scene about : Mei showing Yuzu what it is to be forcefully kissed just like she was, kind of lashing out at her for her taunting about the kiss.

Which ends with Yuzu getting entranced and falling in love almost instantly. If there was suppose to be any commentary about how forcing someone to kiss you is bad it is completely negated when it shows that forcing a kiss on someone can actually make them fall in love with you. Hell, Yuzus comment about the face Mei was making while kissing the teacher makes it sounds like Mei enjoyed it.

joined Sep 2, 2015

Th e whole point of the scene was for Mei to show her that the only reason she enjoyed it was because physical contact is enjoyable even if you don't like the situation. I don't think the manga portrayed it as romantic in any way at all, I think she showed what she intended to show but styled it up as it was the "first kiss" scene and was the start to the drama of the series. In turn the Anime did it justice as the scene did not need any over glorification.

On another note I think the problem that we're going to run into is that Mei won't really want to say no, because doing so would force her to either ask her dad or her grandfather to give up their dream. Maybe the author will use this to make a scene when Mei realises that following suit with her Grand Father is essentially her asking Yuzu to give up on love. Idk its unlikely but we'll see.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Which ends with Yuzu getting entranced and falling in love almost instantly.

That's what could happen when somebody you're already attracted to force themselves onto you. Perhaps Yuzu is submissive, and since she is already aroused by Mei from this point, it affects her a lot.

If there was suppose to be any commentary about how forcing someone to kiss you is bad it is completely negated when it shows that forcing a kiss on someone can actually make them fall in love with you.

I like to imagine people are smart enough to distinguish a forced kiss in the context of a romance story (a fiction) and what is actually acceptable in real life. But if I believe many commentaries I read here and elsewhere about controversial stuff, we're all idiots that get easily influenced by illustrated stories from a far away country without any ability to distinguish fiction from reality...

I also don't think stories have to deliver a particular message nor to uphold a certain set of morals to be enjoyable, but, sometimes, I have the feeling I'm in the minority.

Hell, Yuzus comment about the face Mei was making while kissing the teacher makes it sounds like Mei enjoyed it.

There can be physical reactions/arousal during rape, I don't think the victims enjoyed it. And I think the whole point was for Mei to show Yuzu it's not that great. The real first kiss they both enjoyed was on their bed after Yuzu helped Mei sorts things out with her father, and here it is clearly shown how much powerful and enjoyable it was.

Maybe the author will use this to make a scene when Mei realises that following suit with her Grand Father is essentially her asking Yuzu to give up on love. Idk its unlikely but we'll see.

That would be great for Mei to realise it's also influencing Yuzu at this point, and not only her and her grandpa. I admit it's an angle I haven't thought about, too focused on Mei's pov : choosing between her dream and her love life. That said, I wonder if it's not already the case (Mei knowing it also concerns Yuzu). I've read here or on reddit that some people saying that if Yuzu learned about it, she would try to stop everything and make Mei's plan fail.

But what if it was the other way around? Knowing how caring and kind Yuzu is, what's to say that, if she learned about it, she wouldn't probably try to step down, to distance herself from Mei just to let her pursue her life goal? What if Mei also thought about that and is keeping it all secret from Yuzu so she could keep being with her? Remember that in vol6, she said she wanted them to keep going on despite everything else.

Of course, she can't keep it secret forever, but she dreads what will happen when the cat's out. Poor Mei's getting torn between everything and everyone she loves..

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 2:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.