Forum › Strawberry Fields Once Again discussion

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Midnightgunner posted:

"Who is this Guy calling Akira "Sis"?"

Oh, gee, I dunno... Maybe her brother? For what I could see, her very, very, VERY otaku brother?

Otaku & Hikkikomori.

He reads binary like nothing.

Having a screen covered in 0s and 1s definitely shows he's the real thing.

Also spotted a screen with Base64, would make sense if he's decoding it like that.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I agree that Future Pure might've been aware of the consequences before traveling back in time. It seems that a really big point in this story is the history behind Akira's family. I feel like Pure traveled back in time to help heal Akira's wounds, even if it means tossing their future relationship away. Pages 9-10 in chapter 4 kind of looks like Pure is resolved to protect Akira from whatever it is that hurt her or is still hurting her.

I don't know how accurate this is (don't know where it's sourced from or who wrote it), but the synopsis on MangaUpdates for this series says that "Pure doesn't give up and tries to fulfill the wish of the 24-year-old Akira, who told her to look after Akira's high-schooler self." The words "looking after" lead me to believe that what I said above may be a viable theory.

I haven't read chapter 6 yet, but I just read 7 & 8 (raw). Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

EDIT: Oh, after looking at 8 again, I feel like as time goes on, Pure is gradually starting to lose her memories of the future since things are taking a different turn. Looks like she's questioning one of her memories at the start of chapter 8.

last edited at Dec 6, 2017 2:48AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

Oh boy, Hackerman is in this now

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Hackerman as in...

• H-ackerman (hentai-ackerman?, homo-ackerman?, holyshit-ackerman?, ..... the long list goes on .... )
  • Hacker-man (using a computer to gain unauthorized access to system data)
  • Hackerman ( the meaning of the name )

But I liked the last one.. :)

I had fun reading and doing the post-formatting thread...

last edited at Dec 6, 2017 7:45PM

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Eh..??!?! That was a guy? I thought he was a girl. Sigh.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Hahaha, I also thought he was a girl lol.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hahaha, I also thought he was a girl lol.

Nice avatar.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Nice avatar.

Thanks.^^ Yours too. inserts thumbs up emoji
I really liked how their friendship developed. It was nice to see her feelings got reciprocated.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Nice avatar.

Thanks.^^ Yours too. inserts thumbs up emoji
I really liked how their friendship developed. It was nice to see her feelings got reciprocated.

Me too. What chapter are you on, by the way?

And back on topic because the newest chapter just came out within the last hour...

Chapter 9 raw spoiler:

Ahh, Akira has been vehemently denying her feelings for Pure since she kissed her back in chapter 7, but they're slowly coming to light. Meanwhile, Pure has been extra cautious since chapter 7 (her telling Akira that they should remain "just friends" with a pained expression on her face is what caused Akira to kiss her in the first place). When their hands brush each other's, Pure immediately pulls her hand away out of consideration for Akira, who takes note of this.

They end up going to a cave together, where Pure clumsily trips and they're kind of close to each other, reminding Akira of their kiss before. Pure pulls away, but ends up asking Akira this: "If I said I wanted you to kiss me right now, would you do it?", but follows up and passes it off as a joke. Akira responds seriously anyway and says if Pure wants to kiss, then it's fine with her.

Finally, Akira's inner monologue reveals that she would've been okay with holding hands or kissing Pure, as long as she stays by her side. Throughout the chapter, she insists that what she's feeling is not love. Her past is also brought up about how she became lonelier since her family essentially split apart at the end of her middle school days, hence why Akira is so on the edge about losing Pure.

Pure then tells Akira that she's a very nice girl, and that she thinks the reason why Akira kissed her to begin with was out of consideration for Pure's feelings. This turns out to be the final blow for Akira, who tells her that she's wrong... aaand cue cliffhanger!

joined Mar 11, 2016

It is been a while since I read the last chapter available. I think it was chapter 120 or above. Haven't gone back yet to read the latest chapters out. what chapter are u on?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It is been a while since I read the last chapter available. I think it was chapter 120 or above. Haven't gone back yet to read the latest chapters out. what chapter are u on?

I've been religiously following it every week (raws) for the past year :') New chapter comes out less than 10 hours from now!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Whew, chapter 10!

Left off with Akira pulling Pure by the sleeve so as to not let her leave. Pure takes this as a cue to kiss Akira, but immediately apologizes. Akira reassures her by telling her she didn't dislike it.

Akira reflects on the way back, contemplating the idea that she might like Pure, but she's certain it isn't love. One thing she does believe is that she's becoming too dependent on Pure (more than likely seeing her as a replacement presence for her mother).

They go back to school, time to prep for cultural festival, classmates mock her for being too quiet, Pure shoots them a threatening look... the usual. As Pure and Akira are carrying boxes down the hall, Akira comments on how much she hates public speaking, but she has to get used to it if she wants to become a teacher. Here, Pure says she is confident that Akira will overcome her fear in the future and become as great of a teacher as her mother was. This confirms that she really is from the future.

They find themselves in an isolated classroom where Pure says she wants to cheer Akira on as best as possible, and then looks around to see if anyone is around. Akira tells her to just do it, and Pure kisses her. While Pure is wondering why Akira is okay with all of these kisses, she has a brief flashback to when future Akira (? or maybe even someone that looks like her) was about to kiss Pure while telling her she loves her. Then she forgets the memory, and wonders what that feeling of discomfort was.

Akira suggests that the two of them become "kiss friends", as in, more than friends, less than lovers... and they get to kiss whenever they want. Pure is all for this idea. Akira then thinks to herself that this is only dependence, nothing more. She suddenly gets a text message from someone.

Meanwhile, Ruri is bringing in art supplies for his master/mentor (a female artist... who I personally think looks a little like the woman in the flashback I mentioned earlier, but I could be WAY off the mark like I usually am, LOL), but he suddenly gets a phone call... from what seems to be his father, who he hates a LOT. Cue cliffhanger.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Where are you guys getting these chapters?

"IS THIS YURI!!?"
This is so me.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Little brother has his priorities straight (or rather, not straight?).

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

It seems like the brother's name would be "Akira" and Akira's name would be "Ruri".

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"IS THIS YURI!!?"
This is so me.

This is all of us.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

This is one of those manga’s where I would cry if it was dropped at this point. I can’t wait to see how this goes.

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

"IS THIS YURI?!"
You betcher cutie patootie it is! :D

joined Oct 17, 2016

brother = Prodigy and into computer science: Yeah, pretty sure there will be some Steins Gate time machine stuff coming on pretty soon, at least I hope it goes in that direction. Afterall this series isnt that superficial having serious family and "fit into class" troubles after all. Afterall it would mean she 2nd female lead would have some bad mental issues, if it wasnt really some time travel stuff. ;) The only other option would be some forgotten childhood stuff route and a made up excuse, but lets see. The manga (translation) doesnt move at its fastest pace, so it probably will take some time to find out. ;)

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 12:35AM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I might be impressed too easily. But in ch6 Sakurasaka's reaction was...fresh and realistic, maybe? At least I was surprised.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

fixed a typo on p8 (Akari -> Akira).

joined Apr 30, 2014

At least it wasn't a picture from the future. (assuming)

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 8:06AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm curious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.