Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, Pop Team Epic first ep was surely something... Best anime.

BEEF or CHICKEN?

HUH!? (╬⓪益⓪)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

So I watched three things yesterday, the first episode of Pop Team Epic, the first episode of Citrus, and A Silent Voice. First off, Citrus's first episode, I thought it was awesome. It was a very solid adaptation of the first chapter, even though the character designs were pretty odd I still found this episode to overall very solid. Next up, Pop Team Epic's first episode, well, It was certainly something. No less than an absolute mind-fuck. I also thought it was pretty odd that they literally played the same exact episode twice in a row but with different voice actors. Other then that, just like Citrus, It was hella entertaining all the way through. And finally, A Silent Voice, my goodness it was an amazing movie. Among the best movies I've ever seen. Probably one of the most realistic stories I've ever seen, like, It felt like the movie was based off a true story. I couldn't recommend it enough. I'd highly suggest checking out A Silent Voice.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Aside from the school design looking like shit & the hideous CGI (not to blame it tho since most 3DCG are bad), Citrus first ep was decent. Good pacing, Yuzu's personality was captured perfectly, & Mineko's design was amazing. The story gonna go downhill eventually, but at least the opening ep was more entertaining than the second half of KareKano, which I just finished yesterday right after Citrus. That anime started out brilliant with such great humor, good direction, competent character writing, & wholesome explorations on various interpersonal relationships, really disappointed that it chose to drag out the most boring arc in its final stretch & went full Gainax BUDGET ending. Not to mention 3 fucking recaps & one absolute filler. Still, first half was great & Tsubasa's arc blew everything out of the park, so it was not a bad ride as a whole.

Only started to watch Girl's Last Tour recently, and man my eye is teary just at the bittersweet atmosphere of this anime.

Have been a while since I last found an anime where I have to count backward at how many episodes left till the end...

Recommend also checking out the manga.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 11:26PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I thought the first episode of Toji no Miko was fairly decent, but seem to be alone on that. Not the best-looking show, but the writing is fine and the direction above-average. Not much on the yuri front so far, but the OP suggests the main characters will all get paired up

Citrus is off to a good start, which is honestly kind of unfortunate since that means there'll be more people watching as it turns to shit

Pop Team Epic is a thing that's happening. I kind of wonder if there's even a point to making this a series? Most of the entertainment value is watching people's reactions to it, and and the sort of people that give the best reactions aren't watching past ep 1

Slow Start reminds me a lot of Hinako Note; blandly pleasant girls doing blandly pleasant things, without any particularly interesting gimmick. Also, slightly more sexualized than usual. Does look kinda yuri-ish, but unless I hear reports of the anime getting more interesting I don't intend to follow

Mitsuboshi Colors is the best comedy so far

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like Toji no Miko, when I saw the trailer, what caught my attention were the sword fights between students... And we got a lot of that! there were aliens too I guess? who cares about them anyway.

Citrus... When Yuzu is kissed by Mei; she was trying to say "See how it feels forceful and disgusting? that's why I feel when he does it" right? (of course it didn't have the same effect) I'm pretty sure I didn't think of that when I saw the manga and I just thought Mei was crazy, I shoudln't write romance stories lol

Slow start well, for some spoilers in the manga it looks like we have a pretty solid age gap yuri pair up ahead if you watch the first episode without reading synopsis you might accidentally skip the plot, because the main subject is told in like 10 seconds after the ED, the fact that she's one year behind.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Koizumi has some yuri, but it's also kind of awful. The manga is mediocre, but the anime is just bad. Ugly, flat direction, even the format is wrong

On the plus side, Yurucamp is pretty decent and I think the anime staff ships Nadeshiko x Rin

My gaydar never failed me. And right now I would bet my house that Rin is totally gay for Nadeshiko....

On that topic, anyone watching the Yurucamp anime and also reading the manga? Is the anime overall better (assumed anime scenery will look much better). And does anime also hint up the gayness as much as the manga?

last edited at Jan 9, 2018 12:20AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

On that topic, anyone watching the Yurucamp anime and also reading the manga? Is the anime overall better (assumed anime scenery will look much better). And does anime also hint up the gayness as much as the manga?

At the moment I'd say the manga is slightly better, as the anime ran into problems adapting bits that weren't suited to the medium, but having colour and voice acting will help a lot once the rest of the cast shows up. The manga doesn't have much in the way of subtext; the gayer bits were mostly unique to the anime

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I've seen people label that as the lesbian To-Love RU

But better.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aw man, pretty disappointed with Takagi-san, her voice feels kinda miscast and the pacing is so slow it feels awkward
Gonna just stick with the manga

joined Jun 12, 2015

But better.

No, not really.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

But better.

What's this lesbian To-Love RU (is that how you spell it...?) thing? I can't find the original post for some reason.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minutoh posted:

But better.

What's this lesbian To-Love RU (is that how you spell it...?) thing? I can't find the original post for some reason.

They're talking about Tachibanakan To Lie Angle

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Tachibanakan To Lie Angle

It starts out as a fairly typical harem series but after the first volume it focuses more on the love triangle. Which is really a bad thing since the characters involved are a harem MC, an emotionless girl, and a tsundere. So only one of the main characters has anything like a personality

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I just binge watched Girls Last Tour without really knowing what I was in for.
I think I'm broken now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

bitfarb posted:

I think I'm broken now.

Beautifully broken :')
Don't do that with Made in Abyss

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Don't do that with Made in Abyss

I did it with Made in Abyss.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Märchen Mädchen (or Maerchen Maedchen?) was pretty interesting. Some potential for yuri, right there. Me likey!

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 3:08PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I think I'm broken now.

Zetsuboooou, zetsuboooou~

Now read it and die after this last chapter. The final.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ramen blonde girl Tsundere girl has a boyfriend DROPP-.. Had a boyfriend! okay let's watch some more! I actually want to taste ramen with pineapple, I guess is because that's the only flavor I can relate, dunno what a ramen taste like actually.

Kyoani soldier blonde girl Hmmm hard to say yet, the flashback moments were awesome but I'm not sure about what's coming next, she wants to become more human by experiencing more stories (through letters) but is that all? a girl writing letters?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Maerchen Maedchen is a bit ugly but otherwise quite enjoyable. And it features the main character fantasizing about her step-sister and confessing to a girl literally as soon as she meets her. It looks pretty gay

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Ramen blonde girl Tsundere girl has a boyfriend DROPP-.. Had a boyfriend! okay let's watch some more! I actually want to taste ramen with pineapple, I guess is because that's the only flavor I can relate, dunno what a ramen taste like actually.

Kyoani soldier blonde girl Hmmm hard to say yet, the flashback moments were awesome but I'm not sure about what's coming next, she wants to become more human by experiencing more stories (through letters) but is that all? a girl writing letters?

Problem with Evergarden is that she wants to know about feelings after fighting a whole war. If seeing her comrades die in the battlefield wasn't enough, I don't see how write letters will help. This plot makes no sense.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Problem with Evergarden is that she wants to know about feelings after fighting a whole war. If seeing her comrades die in the battlefield wasn't enough, I don't see how write letters will help. This plot makes no sense.

Well, she specifically wants to know about love, which isn't really a battlefield thing. But, yeah, the show is worthwhile just for the animation, but I remain skeptical about basically every other aspect

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 5:10AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

girls last tour manga ends.
rip chito and yuuri. it's inevitable but still so sad.
went to sleep forever.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 5:42AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Minutoh posted:

But better.

They're talking about Tachibanakan To Lie Angle

shounen yuri!!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

girls last tour manga ends.
rip chito and yuuri. it's inevitable but still so sad.
went to sleep forever.

What are you talking about? Nothing indicates that they died in their sleep.

To reply you must either login or sign up.