Forum › At Midnight, Munch Munch discussion

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

10/10 would eat again

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

I LOVE HOW SHE JUST JUST LIKES..YOU KNOW..SIT THERE ON THE BED...STARING AT HER..STARING LIKE SHE SEES THIS EVERY DAY...HAHAHAA... 3-3

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Yeah, to notice your roommate masturbate is awkward like that.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...well that was surreal. o.O

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

ghoul pals

you made me giggled at 2am and my roommate just yelled at me for waking her up so thank you lol

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

lol... what the fuck...

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Uh, are you guys sure this was not written by Junji-Ito?... It's really creepy, and weird... And creepy, and weird and I love it!! :B

That girl must be thinking:
-Oh look!! There goes my roommate again splitting in two because she's having a nightmare... Argh!! I'm getting kinda bored seeing this everyday... and jealous because she gets to be eaten by her other half-self, damn I wish it was me who gets to eat her everyday!! -_- oh, well I'm gonna kiss her tummy then... G'nite!

Pshh of course this happens very often... No big deal!! xD

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh. Much as I like the "wtf"-feeling of it, it also feels a bit random. "Yeah, let's just go with that, whatever..."

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well... No more internet for today

joined Jun 12, 2015

Now I'm hungry.

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

Damn, they have nice teeth.

A9fe1102-7f0e-4701-a4a9-e2611d5c44c7
joined Jan 14, 2016

What

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Mh. Much as I like the "wtf"-feeling of it, it also feels a bit random. "Yeah, let's just go with that, whatever..."

It allows for more interpretations, just like the wet dreams/masturbation stuff. Doesn't mean that was the author's message, who probably just wanting to do something weird, but it still is a fun activity.

I had time to think more about my own (silly) interpretation. Perhaps it has to do with the feeling of powerlessness when you want to help someone close, but you realise that you can't or that you are not needed.

We see the roommate struggling with nightmares before she splits, similarly to somebody struggling with their problems right before they decide to face them. Then the munching part is when they decide to attack them head-on, we could see the eating part as both fixing and accepting your problems. In the end, the roommate seems quite happy after she ate her other "problem" self : she made her problems go away since her other self doesn't exist in the proper sense, but in a way, her problems are still present in herself as she accepted them (literally) in her.

In summary, a problem arise in the roommate life (a nightmare), she takes a step back (split) to face her problem head on, she fix them (ate them) and accept them (digesting) - I think this a weak point of my interpretation, since I think you should accept your problems before fixing them, but why not. And after all that, she feels relieved or somewhat satisfied and goes back on living (sleeping).

Meanwhile, the MC is observing her roommate, somewhat fascinated by how she is resolving her problems alone, perhaps kind of frustrated because she can't really do something significant to appease her. She tried once to help her (nibbling her) when she was having problems (nightmares) but realised that it was useless, that "[She isn't] good enough." only leaving her roommate still struggling with her problem, who does seem to be still struggling in p10, when the MC failed to eat her.

In the end, the only thing the MC could do is watch helplessly as her roommate is dealing with her problems, no interfering, comforting her and being there for her when she has dealt with her problems - by caressing the belly which contains the digested other self (the problems).

The message could be something along those lines : the problems or the anxiety your friend/lover is experiencing can only be effectively dealt with by the concerned party, you can't deal with them (eat them) for the other. All you can do is be there to support them and help them "recover" somehow - this is illustrated by caressing the belly while the roommate is digesting, apparently it helps with the digestion to massage the belly in a clockwise rotation (by martial art energetic philosophy and perhaps supported by some scientific articles with more grounded results).

Of course, it's missing some important stuff like sometime you can be the one giving the nudge for the affected party to finally deal with their problem, and perhaps other stuff I haven't considered, but I'm quite happy with that!

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 11:24AM

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

The ending was kinda depressing because she could help or do whatever she was trying to do for her friend..but YET cute and heartwarming bc she at least tried to do something @-@

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This was extremely hot.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Pac-Man comes from pakupaku (pakupaku here is translated as munch munch) so really, she's simply a Ms. PacMan with a normie roommate. Nothing to see, move along.

When there's no more ghosts, the PacPersons have to eat something to keep going.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 12:22PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

No one has said it yet so I'll say it.
How can you say you love her if you can't eat the clone that splits from her as she's having a nightmare?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If she knocked out the clone before it ate the other one, would there be two of her in the morning?
Four on the next day?

This calls for more SCIENCE!

e: Actually, I forgot the name, but there's recently been a novel that's about a girl growing up where every time she gets injured a clone of her is born and immediately tries to kill her. So ever since she was small she has gone around killing herself.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 12:30PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I hate when I split in two after a nightmare. At least I don't need breakfast the next morning though.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

kinda cute, I would definitely eat myself

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I hate when I split in two after a nightmare. At least I don't need breakfast the next morning though.

Im always watching myself as another person (2nd person) in my dreams, its really rare for me being myself. is it just me? lol

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Huh! She sure looked content after "eating herself." Lead is "lonely" when this happens and this event only happens when the other character has nightmares. And she is unaware of the event itself. Had me thinking it meant she changed after the ordeal but I guess not. Interesting. Really like this art.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 2:14PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

It allows for more interpretations, just like the wet dreams/masturbation stuff. Doesn't mean that was the author's message, who probably just wanting to do something weird, but it still is a fun activity.

I had time to think more about my own (silly) interpretation. Perhaps it has to do with the feeling of powerlessness when you want to help someone close, but you realise that you can't or that you are not needed.

We see the roommate struggling with nightmares before she splits, similarly to somebody struggling with their problems right before they decide to face them. Then the munching part is when they decide to attack them head-on, we could see the eating part as both fixing and accepting your problems. In the end, the roommate seems quite happy after she ate her other "problem" self : she made her problems go away since her other self doesn't exist in the proper sense, but in a way, her problems are still present in herself as she accepted them (literally) in her.

In summary, a problem arise in the roommate life (a nightmare), she takes a step back (split) to face her problem head on, she fix them (ate them) and accept them (digesting) - I think this a weak point of my interpretation, since I think you should accept your problems before fixing them, but why not. And after all that, she feels relieved or somewhat satisfied and goes back on living (sleeping).

Meanwhile, the MC is observing her roommate, somewhat fascinated by how she is resolving her problems alone, perhaps kind of frustrated because she can't really do something significant to appease her. She tried once to help her (nibbling her) when she was having problems (nightmares) but realised that it was useless, that "[She isn't] good enough." only leaving her roommate still struggling with her problem, who does seem to be still struggling in p10, when the MC failed to eat her.

In the end, the only thing the MC could do is watch helplessly as her roommate is dealing with her problems, no interfering, comforting her and being there for her when she has dealt with her problems - by caressing the belly which contains the digested other self (the problems).

The message could be something along those lines : the problems or the anxiety your friend/lover is experiencing can only be effectively dealt with by the concerned party, you can't deal with them (eat them) for the other. All you can do is be there to support them and help them "recover" somehow - this is illustrated by caressing the belly while the roommate is digesting, apparently it helps with the digestion to massage the belly in a clockwise rotation (by martial art energetic philosophy and perhaps supported by some scientific articles with more grounded results).

Of course, it's missing some important stuff like sometime you can be the one giving the nudge for the affected party to finally deal with their problem, and perhaps other stuff I haven't considered, but I'm quite happy with that!

Oh. Nice. My answer has a vague resemblance to this very nice take on it. And I'm usually terrible at these! Well. Still am really.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

sheska posted:

Im always watching myself as another person (2nd person) in my dreams, its really rare for me being myself. is it just me? lol

How dreams happen can vary from person to person. I can't think of a time when my dreams weren't first-person, for example. (My dreams also have this extremely weird habit of featuring people I know but they look nothing like that person and I only realize this after I've woken up. Same with coming really close to realizing I'm dreaming and only realizing it after waking up.)

joined Apr 12, 2014

Hate this omg

To reply you must either login or sign up.