Forum › Their Story discussion

I really wonder what could possibly hold Sun Jing back from informing her love Qiu Tong about what happened she couldn't come like usual...? :(

Crazy plot twist: that drunk girl attacked SJ, that's why she didn't come.

trustworthy_dolphin.exe
September-13-2011-19-28-17-tumblrlqi9ekuvcl1qewacoo1500
joined Sep 4, 2017

Indeed, if someone were to know, Sun Jing would. However, I was thinking that if it is something serious then Qi Fang may not have told Sun Jing in fear of losing a friend, or for some other reason. I don't know about off the mark, I just think we view the situation differently. And if Qi Fang did commit a horrible act in the past, I feel that he needs to face it.

I agree about that last part. Although, there's also the possibility that it's not nearly as bad as his actions imply, and guilt has simply overblown its significance in his mind. That's another fairly common plot device.

Hqdefault
joined Dec 21, 2017

the anticipation is killing me

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

It's been updated https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1907968232866049&id=1539451309717745 it is Spanish but there are english translations under the pics.
flips desk

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Also, lol, the fan girl did not play any part in QT having her realisation moment. All that foreshadowing, for literally nothing. I mean, I can not see in what way she could get involved now, even as a mere tool for one of the mains to get in touch with their feelings. Though, the sadist in me is somewhat disappointed we did not see her reaction when SJ displayed the obviously-in-love-with-someone-else, while brushing off the girl in a way that made it clear she is something of an afterthought in SJ's mind, at best.

Nothing sweeter than a chapter making me swallow my own words.

Also, yey, finally a character I can hate here~ Because I sure do hate her now, as short an appearance as it was. And to think I had written her off previously, lol.

Also also, DRAMA, thank you, lmao!

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 4:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Jess posted:

It's been updated https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1907968232866049&id=1539451309717745 it is Spanish but there are english translations under the pics.
flips desk

As a Spanish speaker I can say No me gusta este desenlace

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

flips desk

Facebook won't let me see more than the first page. And no, I'm not going to join facebook.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Facebook won't let me see more than the first page. And no, I'm not going to join facebook.

Click on the very edge (towards the edge of the screen) of the black area on the right side to go to the next page.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 5:30PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Click on the very edge (towards the edge of the screen) of the black area on the right side to go to the next page.

Thanks. I thought I tried that, but I guess I didn't click close enough to the edge.

joined Jul 19, 2014

New page is uploaded, but...it's not enough. I need more.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

$50 dollars bet that girl thinks she is dating that boy lol.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

BITCH NO

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

I made an involuntary dying noise from that last cut.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

THIS BITCH IM GONNA KILL HER

joined Apr 6, 2013

DRAMA BOOOMB

I always feel bad for the unlucky runner up in romance but hopefully she is able to move on and find an even better girl

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

uh oh

joined Aug 22, 2016

Well, I was way off... ah well.

I just wanna give Mo a hug. She's a sweetheart cutie that's been loving Sun Jing for a while now, and is in the middle of getting her heart broken. She's not doing anything bad whatsoever; the horrible things some people are saying... Hate? Kill? That's just terrible.

I always feel bad for the unlucky runner up in romance but hopefully she is able to move on and find an even better girl

Agreed. I hope Tan Jiu will introduce a nice girl for Mo. I hope she won't disappear like Qiu Tong's friend.

last edited at Dec 22, 2017 10:02PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Mo noooooo.... ;_____; Poor kid...

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

Oh no, Mo is such a cutie too. ;-; RIP Mo

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Why was she introduced? Fk off please, I've been waiting too damn long for a trope to get in the way.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Why was she introduced? Fk off please, I've been waiting too damn long for a trope to get in the way.

This! It is not that the people are mad at Mo per se, but that if you have been following tamen de gushi for YEARS and things have FINALLY moved and ... there was no big drama until now, this development is super unwelcome xD
Everyone is so invested that it is only natural people get mad.
For the record, I got mad.. at the author xD .. for ruining the fluffy comedy with this, looking forward to all this being cleared up.

P.S. Qiu Tong is mineee

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I don't even remember who this girl is but can she fuck off?

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Well, I was way off... ah well.

I just wanna give Mo a hug. She's a sweetheart cutie that's been loving Sun Jing for a while now, and is in the middle of getting her heart broken. She's not doing anything bad whatsoever; the horrible things some people are saying... Hate? Kill? That's just terrible.

Agreed. I hope Tan Jiu will introduce a nice girl for Mo. I hope she won't disappear like Qiu Tong's friend.

Yeah the people here are being total asshats to poor Mo.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Why was she introduced?

Mo was introduced very early on in the series and it has been made clear that she has feelings for Sun Jing on a number of occasions. This isn't a random trope for the sake of drama, its contextually fitting development of her character.

Everyone is so invested that it is only natural people get mad.

I've been reading Their Story for a long time as well, and I understand the frustration. But it's not as if Mo's character is maliciously sabotaging a relationship of which we already know will come to be.

For the record, I got mad.. at the author xD .. for ruining the fluffy comedy with this

I understand the passion, but this sort of moment has been a long time coming and through out Their Story, there have been hints of drama, it's not all fluff. I'd be upset if Tan Jiu just ignored a character out of convenience for the sake of fluff and/or for readers; writing shouldn't be a catering service. This has been pretty well setup too with Mo first trying to talk to Sun Jing at the party only to be dismissed and now again for a second time. Mo saw what happened at the party too, so it makes sense that she'd be really anxious right now and would stop Sun Jing at the first opportunity.

Sun Jing has always been upfront and honest with Qiu Tong and unless Qiu Tong completely changes character and becomes utterly unreasonable, this shouldn't take long. A few chapters to allow an established character to have some closure? That's very reasonable.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 1:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.