Forum › Morishima Akiko discussion

Obinobi12.128.544316
joined Aug 1, 2013

i really love her manga's everything about the stories are really really good! and the arts are so wonderful! i love it all! ^^ i hope ill be able to read all the complete chapters of her work! :3 thanks scanlators! thanks morishima! ^^

joined Nov 26, 2013

I really like her works, too. The stories and characters are well created!

last edited at Nov 28, 2013 2:06PM

joined Jul 2, 2014

Morishima is probably my favorite yuri mangaka, so too bad none of her works have been licensed (apart from one which was on JManga back when that existed). I'm so frustrated I can't show support by buying an English edition of her manga… maybe after Yuri Kuma Arashi airs.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Awesome art
Cute stories
Nice characters
Kawaii kisses
Love it

Celestial Dreamer
117143l~2
joined Oct 13, 2016

My favorite Yuri manga-ka of all time. Her soft art style, skillful use of comedy and drama, and fantastic heroines make her stories a delight to read. Unfortunately most of her work is not available for purchase in English (I own Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink, and have watched Yuri Kuma Arashi on my Funimation account). I would gladly pay for official copies of her beautiful stories should more be translated! <3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My favorite Yuri manga-ka of all time. Her soft art style, skillful use of comedy and drama, and fantastic heroines make her stories a delight to read. Unfortunately most of her work is not available for purchase in English (I own Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink, and have watched Yuri Kuma Arashi on my Funimation account). I would gladly pay for official copies of her beautiful stories should more be translated! <3

You do realize that she didn't do Kisses, Signs, and Cherry Blossom Pink, right? That was Morinaga Milk.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I would gladly pay for official copies of her beautiful stories should more be translated! <3

You could always try poking some English publishers (Seven Seas tends to localise a fair bit of yuri), to see if they might pick some series up.

joined Jul 14, 2016

Her books are a total mess.
A one-shot repeats in like 3 or 4 books.
Not complaining though :3

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Holy shit, I need a confirmation

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There was an article about the meeting, and Morishima seems to be dating the AnR artist, not the author.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

There was an article about the meeting, and Morishima seems to be dating the AnR artist, not the author.

As long as it's a yuri relationship, I can keep this gay smile on my face

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As long as it's a yuri relationship, I can keep this gay smile on my face

Oh, Morishima's been an out lesbian for a long time, there's no way it wouldn't be yuri.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

that is gay and im shipping it forever.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The AnR author (her name is Kuga or something, I forget ) is married to a man and has a daughter. So I highly doubt it is the author lol.
Sooooo it's Minakata-sensei probably :D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The AnR author (her name is Kuga or something, I forget ) is married to a man and has a daughter. So I highly doubt it is the author lol.
Sooooo it's Minakata-sensei probably :D

As I said a few comments back it's the artist, not the author.

Source: https://yurination.wordpress.com/2018/01/17/yuri-night-edition-0-special-event-coverage/

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

that is gay and im shipping it forever.

Eyyyy time for a celebratory (is that a word) reread run

joined May 25, 2020

Akiko-san marry me please

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Morishima learned to do manga as an assistant to bisexual artist Aoki Mitsue. She also uses the phrase sexual minority, which seems easier to remember than constantly changing LGBT-whatever.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like her name because I like the kanji in it: Forested Island Bright Child

It's basically characters I learned in Chinese first.

To reply you must either login or sign up.