Forum › Citrus discussion

Icon%20of%20gays
joined Dec 9, 2013

Yes, the love triangle is one of the most cliche plot devices ever but it did NOT prevent me from spazzing at my computer and yelling out, "OOOOHHHH!!!" like Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show.

I have to appreciate how honest the new character Matsuri is. I just can't handle the emotional fuckery Yuzu goes through because of Mei. (I can relate too much with Yuzu since I've had more than one account of girls pulling that type of shit with me)

Yeayeayea, Yuzu loves Mei but is it really worth all this anguish? But It's too much of a bittersweet feeling that I know too well. It's painful hearing words of rejection but you can't help but love the time you spend with the person you love.

Ugu. I'm done OTL

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 12:50PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yes, the love triangle is one of the most cliche plot devices ever but it did NOT prevent me from spazzing at my computer and yelling out, "OOOOHHHH!!!" like Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show.

I have to appreciate how honest the new character Matsuri is. I just can't handle the emotional fuckery Yuzu goes through because of Mei. (I can relate too much with Yuzu since I've had more than one account of girls pulling that type of shit with me)

Yeayeayea, Yuzu loves Mei but is it really worth all this anguish? But It's too much of a bittersweet feeling that I know too well. It's painful hearing words of rejection but you can't help but love the time you spend with the person you love.

Ugu. I'm done OTL

"honest" yep just like every other generic im a wrench in the gears seducer girl in yuri, i just dont like her atm, if she grows (and this love triangle bs dies down quickly) i might read more, otherwise? meh.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

On a side note, so Harumin has a sister, one who makes her shiver!! humuhumu...I'm waiting for you Onee-sama ←~∋(。Ψ▼ー▼)∈

joined Aug 8, 2013

Yuri is moving forward which is why i get annoyed when i see plot elements from 90's yuri find their way into modern yuri

What? Lesbians that either die or marry a guy? You'd be lucky to have a series like this, generic shoujo tripe it may be, in the 90s. Yuri scholar my ass.

I'm not a fan of citrus, far from it, but I gotta ask the detractors here: It's chapter 9. Do you suck at pattern recognition this much not to figure out what this series is all about until now or are you just trying to make yourself look smarter by repeatedly pointing out the obvious? Because it's not working.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yuri is moving forward which is why i get annoyed when i see plot elements from 90's yuri find their way into modern yuri

What? Lesbians that either die or marry a guy? You'd be lucky to have a series like this, generic shoujo tripe it may be, in the 90s. Yuri scholar my ass.

I'm not a fan of citrus, far from it, but I gotta ask the detractors here: It's chapter 9. Do you suck at pattern recognition this much not to figure out what this series is all about until now or are you just trying to make yourself look smarter by repeatedly pointing out the obvious? Because it's not working.

You obviously did not read much 90's yuri good sir, the big hits almost always ended in bs but there were hundreds that, while generic as hell ended with the two MC's getting together you sir need to do more research
Starts smoking pipe and puts on deerstalker hat

joined Sep 9, 2013

IMO for it to be a triangle there has to be attraction from each side. And there is nothing romantic between Matsuri and Yuzu. So I am no seeing a triangle just yet.(or hell not seeing the problem) I was surprised that no one was gunned down in a hail of gunfire after pg. 37-38.(seriously Mei has one hell of an impressive stare down) LMAO I will keep reading

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I am taking bets: Which drama comes next? Arranged marriage or one of them moves to the USA? No limits!

PS: I already know how this is going to end. We will see one real kiss on the last 2 pages and then bam. Manga ends. 20 chapters of drama for 2 pages of happiness.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I am taking bets: Which drama comes next? Arranged marriage or one of them moves to the USA? No limits!

PS: I already know how this is going to end. We will see one real kiss on the last 2 pages and then bam. Manga ends. 20 chapters of drama for 2 pages of happiness.

That will be the biggest waste since i started reading naruto years ago and now cant stop because it is about to end

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i'm betting double suicide end.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

arghhhh kind of disappointed with the love triangle 'twist' but oh well what can you do! still loving this for what it is but really hope they don't drag it out between these three

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

IMO for it to be a triangle there has to be attraction from each side. And there is nothing romantic between Matsuri and Yuzu. So I am no seeing a triangle just yet.(or hell not seeing the problem) I was surprised that no one was gunned down in a hail of gunfire after pg. 37-38.(seriously Mei has one hell of an impressive stare down) LMAO I will keep reading

There are quite some types of love triangles
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TriangRelations
This case here is a 4, A (Matsuri) has the thing for B (Protag[Assuming Matsuri's not just a sadistic psychobitch and actually likes the thing]) who has mutual feelings for C (Mei, but Mei is a clusterfuck who'll keep denying until shit gets real)

joined Jan 17, 2014

lol, so the second page is an april fool :v

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

arghhhh kind of disappointed with the love triangle 'twist' but oh well what can you do! still loving this for what it is but really hope they don't drag it out between these three

You know yuri is a niche market....but i don't get why so many yuri manga have a love triangle when the people that like those are a niche audience in a niche audience, hell even het love triangle are not liked by many, why the fascination on them?

wait i forgot about wish fulfilment.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

You know yuri is a niche market....but i don't get why so many yuri manga have a love triangle when the people that like those are a niche audience in a niche audience, hell even het love triangle are not liked by many, why the fascination on them?

Lack of creativity (or lack of knowledge in literature to take reference from) to create drama.

See something tagged with romance (any kind, het, yuri, yaoi(?))? 90% of the time it has love triangles.

No matter what form it has, it is a boring and overused cliche.

Fuck, I need to get out of this comment section...

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 1:31PM

joined Dec 12, 2013

Stop fucking hating this amazing manga, like the yuri genre is so much popular, it isn't okey, we should be happy that YuriProject even scans and translates it for us AND WE SHOULD BE THRILLED THAT THERE ARE MANGAKAS THAT WRITE AND DRAW YURI. SO SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT AND GRATITUDE.

Edit: Not just YuriProject, every yuri translating site. More known sites like Lililicious, this one, yuri-ism etc.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 1:33PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Stop fucking hating this amazing manga, like the yuri genre is so much popular, it isn't okey, we should be happy that YuriProject even scans and translates it for us AND WE SHOULD BE THRILLED THAT THERE ARE MANGAKAS THAT WRITE AND DRAW YURI. SO SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT AND GRATITUDE.

Edit: Not just YuriProject, every yuri translating site. More known sites like Lililicious, this one, yuri-ism etc.

Just because i am getting yuri for free (and i am grateful for this) does not mean i have to lower my standards to enjoy EVERYTHING that shows up.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm not denying YuriProject's efforts and i'm glad they're putting the effort
But i have my own set of standards, i won't like anything thrown at me just because we're short on yuris

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Stop fucking hating this amazing manga, like the yuri genre is so much popular, it isn't okey, we should be happy that dynasty scans even scans it for us AND WE SHOULD BE THRILLED THAT THERE ARE MANGAKAS THAT WRITE AND DRAW YURI. SO SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT AND GRATITUDE.

It being yuri does not and should not protect it from criticism or negative opinions.

What I think:
It is not amazing at all (maybe the art is fine). The drama is so fucking forced, generic elements such of love triangles shoved in to prolong its own existance and used as a cheap stepping stones for development. Character's don't behave in a believable nor realistic way. I am /facedesking so much that my face is disfigured beyond recognition. I am outta here.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I am outta here.

You cannot leave
The ride never ends!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Lack of creativity (or lack of knowledge in literature to take reference from) to create drama.

See something tagged with romance (any kind, het, yuri, yaoi(?))? 90% of the time it has love triangles.

No matter what form it has, it is a boring and overused cliche.

Fuck, I need to get out of this comment section...

Yeah take a leave if you want :), i have 0 social life so im fine for staying for a while.

Crap like that is what ruined episode 22+23 of log horizon for me, it was so awesome till then, we had a bit of the (very few) good parts of sao in the first 2 episodes, a semi-rukia retrieval story when they saved serara, some spice and wolf economics before they bought the guild, some code geass shit where shiroe had won the moment they entered the guild hall, an epic war, rudy being so badass he turned into a PC and then they pulled a love triangle on us.........which hurt because minori is like 14 and the opening shows akatsuki and shiroe as the main pairing so why did this have to happen? so many anime do this and it just makes the girls come off as needy and kinda b!tchy (all the girls if yuri) and the guys come off as total idiots for not knowing that dude you have 2 girls who want you! (or guys in yaoi's case) and it makes no sense in some cases (again log because shiroe is lelouch and light yagami level smart) and could easily be avoided (again i don't hate love triangles......i hate badly done ones......sadly this happens a lot)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

In the end, is a matter of perspective. Off the top of my mind this is the first love triangle I've read on a Yuri so I don't have a trouble with it.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I'm not denying YuriProject's efforts and i'm glad they're putting the effort
But i have my own set of standards, i won't like anything thrown at me just because we're short on yuris

hey look our posts match :D

In the end, is a matter of perspective. Off the top of my mind this is the first love triangle I've read on a Yuri so I don't have a trouble with it.

You lucky..........yeah it isn't that bad at first but eventually you see it so much it gets real damn annoying.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 1:44PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Crap like that is what ruined episode 22+23 of log horizon for me, it was so awesome till then, we had a bit of the (very few) good parts of sao in the first 2 episodes, a semi-rukia retrieval story when they saved serara, some spice and wolf economics before they bought the guild, some code geass shit where shiroe had won the moment they entered the guild hall, an epic war, rudy being so badass he turned into a PC and then they pulled a love triangle on us.........which hurt because minori is like 14 and the opening shows akatsuki and shiroe as the main pairing so why did this have to happen? so many anime do this and it just makes the girls come off as needy and kinda b!tchy (all the girls if yuri) and the guys come off as total idiots for not knowing that dude you have 2 girls who want you! (or guys in yaoi's case) and it makes no sense in some cases (again log because shiroe is lelouch and light yagami level smart) and could easily be avoided (again i don't hate love triangles......i hate badly done ones......sadly this happens a lot

i'm shipping those sibling........
edit: kinda dissapointed i'm hoping with the special circumstance they're in
they would developed special relationship.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 2:05PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Crap like that is what ruined episode 22+23 of log horizon for me, it was so awesome till then, we had a bit of the (very few) good parts of sao in the first 2 episodes, a semi-rukia retrieval story when they saved serara, some spice and wolf economics before they bought the guild, some code geass shit where shiroe had won the moment they entered the guild hall, an epic war, rudy being so badass he turned into a PC and then they pulled a love triangle on us.........which hurt because minori is like 14 and the opening shows akatsuki and shiroe as the main pairing so why did this have to happen? so many anime do this and it just makes the girls come off as needy and kinda b!tchy (all the girls if yuri) and the guys come off as total idiots for not knowing that dude you have 2 girls who want you! (or guys in yaoi's case) and it makes no sense in some cases (again log because shiroe is lelouch and light yagami level smart) and could easily be avoided (again i don't hate love triangles......i hate badly done ones......sadly this happens a lot

i'm shipping those sibling........

that's ok then because they are both 14 and shiroe can have himself dat legal loli ninja XD

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hmm
I'm trying to think of a good yuri example of love triangle going on, but, unlike het stuff, there's actually not that many on yuris
There was one in Strawberry Panic but it was just there (And it pissed me off, fuck that Shizuma chick)

Edit: Oh, i love The Flower And The Star and there's love triangle in it, somehow it created more comedy than drama
Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep also has

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 2:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.