Forum › Candy Boy discussion

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Twin Epidendrums got me to go back and read this. Still the best Twincest story.

Couldn't agree more.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Twin Epidendrums got me to go back and read this. Still the best Twincest story.

Definitely agree! Read it again today too. Already have the full anime stored on the PC... need to watch that again also. Like the manga more though. Even the side story is great :)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ah I love this, it's very different from the anime, Kana's personality.... or is it just me?

last edited at Feb 9, 2014 1:17PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Candy Boy was one of my very first yuri manga/anime series. So it has a special place in my heart. Plus its the best twin-cest story Ive read so far.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I watched the anime first, and for some reason this had a more of a sisterly vibe to it, while the anime had more of a lovers vibe. so I would say the anime is yuri and the manga is shoujo ai, because you never get a love confession outside of being sister or friends. and the one time they do kiss it is seen as something impulsive and yuki is confused by it

last edited at Jun 13, 2014 10:20PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

This is a lot shorter than I remember. It would've been nice seeing them go through third year and college...

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Augh... I watched the anime a long time ago and now currently reading the manga for the first time... It seems a bit different than the anime, neh?

joined Jun 18, 2015

the anime doesn't have any real kiss T^T i'm so sad

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Well I don't think we can say the anime has no real kiss,eh they have that ice cream/chocolate removal thing, however I think they are pretty gay in both, Kanade is a bit more of a pervert in the manga, I think even when different they both qualify as yuri :3

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Calling that a ice cream removal is selling it short, Kanade went so balls to the wall that Yukino's head even had a recoil

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, still about the only decent yuri twincest, and it's fun and, for something that's so light and comedic most of the time, oddly heartwarming.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Omg candy boy! I just watched the anime, it was kinda cute and nice!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Ah I love this, it's very different from the anime, Kana's personality.... or is it just me?

indeed is almost like you were reading a completly different story instead of a manga adaptacion plus the center of the story is completely different the atmosphere changes a lot the pace the art the storytelling everything is different

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

plus you have this new character that dont exits in the anime

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

This is simply the single best twin yuri story ever, id almost say it's the best yuri story in general too

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is simply the single best twin yuri story ever, id almost say it's the best yuri story in general too

I dunno about that second part. Maybe you just need to read more yuri stories in general. (As do we all!)

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Curious as to why some consider this the best twin yuri? Like what are you looking for that is there and vice versa?

I really liked it as well, perhaps a bit too short and a bit frustrated to not see more gayness or even after they acknowledged their feelings for each other. It was really sweet nonetheless.

Ok6w_kokdtoqqqldbioparunlpmilxcjwpbtwulrt1y
joined Apr 23, 2019

I would like to know what's in the author's mind... He can not possibly ignore that he will frustrate and anger about every reader. I don't see the point to it, frankly. I'm not asking for explicit banging, but a real kiss is really over due.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 10:55AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Jumping in to say that I read this awhile back, around the same time as when I first encountered my first yuri series--- somehow I remember the anime very fondly. A second re-read/rewatch didn't give me the same fluffy feelings, but there's definitely a rosy retrospection going on. I personally really liked their dynamic, although I was never really a wincest type of person.

joined Feb 9, 2021

October 2015
my first anime ever
immediately love to yuri

^ I’m currently rewatching it! Thought I’d stop by and reread it and it’s way diff than the anime.

joined Apr 20, 2021

Weird. I remember I watched the anime long time ago and it defitinely was way less tame in the anime. Maybe I remember it incorrectly but in anime I felt like it was specifically pointed at them being a couple, when here it was "they are an idiot couple without realizing it for the most of the story"

To reply you must either login or sign up.