Forum › Yuri Lover-kun and Yuri Lover Lover-kun discussion

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

I always get kinda yucked out by guys who like yuri that much

I can empathise with the thought process of being creeped out if a guy is remarking how much he likes yuri - but for me that only used to be if I was A) Scared about how he'll view my own sexuality and that'll impact how he sees me if he doesn't consider real homosexuality/bisexuality legitimate B) Worried once he finds out him talking how he wished he could see it or whatever (keep that to yourself man) C) Fear of sexuality erasure in general I guess??

I've worked through those feelings now and learnt that generally guys won't say such things as I think female sexuality is becoming better acknowledged than maybe the world my dad grew up in based on the warnings he drilled into me as a kid and when he found out about my girlfriends and such. But hey, if guys (and girls) are thinking ~lewd~ things, if it doesn't impact how they treat me and my relationships with girls as serious and more than a fantasy then I don't care.

The moment we start policing fantasies is the moment we open up a whole pandoras box of what could be considered an "ok" fantasy then. As long as the fantasy isn't getting in the way of someones perception of reality it's kinda unhealthy to consider it dangerous or icky? But I empathise if you worry about people going beyond your boundaries or whatever just for their fetish/fantasy/whatever.

I'm probably creepier anyways because whenever yuri comes out in English or I order some Japanese Editions or Yuri Hime I get so damn excited and weird like Yuri Lover-Kun hahaha

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 6:38AM

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

I'm just curious about the ratio between male and female on this site. Is it 50/50? Also where is everyone from? I remember looking at an image on here and a bunch of French girls replied to that one. Is dynasty just visited by everyone all over the world?

The French girls is probably thanks to all the French yuri releases - Australian here tho

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Ohohoho. this gonna be crazy.
/u/ mad and talking bad about dynasty in 1,2.3...

joined Feb 2, 2017

Wasn't expecting a story like this to show up on the yuri tag, but I read everything that's tagged yuri so I suppose it was just a matter of time.
"If you would become a girl, then I would become a girl as well! Then that would be yuri!"
But wow with a line like that, I'll almost be disappointed if there isn't at least a side chapter in which that actually happens. I guess I'll stick around to read the first few chapters at least.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 9:57AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is the Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi, basically.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Now I just feel bad for YLL-kun. :/ Fight for your own love too, YLL-kun! He'll notice one day!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi is Yuri Danshi-kun.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Yuri
Female + female relationship(s).
Should be mostly explanatory when reading the chapter/series.
Does NOT matter what the setting is, just needs to have a relationship involving two women.

So why this work is tagged as yuri if it doesn't have any and in reality is about making yaoi couple?
Isn't it intentional trolling or baiting to tag it like tag for people who read it hoping at least for a side yuri couple?

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 11:41AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

malibus88 posted:

Yuri
Female + female relationship(s).
Should be mostly explanatory when reading the chapter/series.
Does NOT matter what the setting is, just needs to have a relationship involving two women.

So why this work is tagged as yuri if it doesn't have any and in reality is about making yaoi couple?
Isn't it intentional trolling or baiting to tag it like tag for people who read it hoping at least for a side yuri couple?

Is just the first chapter... ONE CHAPTER ! you think that this is it? that this manga only has 2 character and no chance of expanding the story or characters beyond that?
Even in your average yuri manga you don't see girls making out in the first episode (and you don't see the mods removing the tag until they become a couple) so calm down or come back in the next volume

Ririka Kirishima
Julia%20what
joined Feb 16, 2017

As someone who knows male friends who loves yuri irl (and they go as far as going to gl fest, make yuri doujins and entering yuri club at university) (I'm a girl btw) I can relate (although their reaction is not over the top like this tbh).

.... A lot of people who come to the cons looking for yuri are mostly guys anyway- they're usually cool, and surprisingly not using it to f** - although some who admitted they did turns me off slightly haha- like, dude, you don't need to tell me that.

This manga... I read this not expecting much, but the premise reminds me of Yuri danshi (and Yuri-danshi-kun)

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 1:28PM

joined Apr 27, 2015

I always feel like people confuse the pacing between one shots and series, and expect the action to immediately happen

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Honestly that wasn't really good. Both characters are walking cliches.

I didn't even find it funny.

joined Feb 3, 2016

....would be x10000000 times better if it was about two yuri-loving girls.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I almost always hope that the person in love with the obsessed one (in this case, Lover Lover-kun) finds someone else. Nothing new here.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

L.Kim posted:

....would be x10000000 times better if it was about two yuri-loving girls.

Wouldn't that end with just one chapter? the moment one of them says "I want a girlfriend"

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Can't say I find these two fellows all that interesting honestly. Not against it but even if they were both girls I think I'd still be pretty underwhelmed by the idea of them getting together. Which is just how I feel about a LOT of leads even when it's not yuri.
The humor isn't to my tastes so far but will stick around to see if the females or, scratch that, any of the side characters prove more interesting.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Dynasty comments never stop to be funny!

Well it is actually quite an interesting manga. It kinda shows the "struggle" of male yuri fans. If you really like a 2d girl as a male yuri fan. You kinda think of her as your "waifu" (even if you do not call her that). You want her to be yuri with another girl from the same show, yet you also really love her and want her for yourself...It is the mental conflict of your desire of seeing the pure yuri and want to be with her (even when it is just a fantasy).

joined Apr 23, 2015

I always get kinda yucked out by guys who like yuri that much

I can empathise with the thought process of being creeped out if a guy is remarking how much he likes yuri - but for me that only used to be if I was A) Scared about how he'll view my own sexuality and that'll impact how he sees me if he doesn't consider real homosexuality/bisexuality legitimate B) Worried once he finds out him talking how he wished he could see it or whatever (keep that to yourself man) C) Fear of sexuality erasure in general I guess??

I've worked through those feelings now and learnt that generally guys won't say such things as I think female sexuality is becoming better acknowledged than maybe the world my dad grew up in based on the warnings he drilled into me as a kid and when he found out about my girlfriends and such. But hey, if guys (and girls) are thinking ~lewd~ things, if it doesn't impact how they treat me and my relationships with girls as serious and more than a fantasy then I don't care.

The moment we start policing fantasies is the moment we open up a whole pandoras box of what could be considered an "ok" fantasy then. As long as the fantasy isn't getting in the way of someones perception of reality it's kinda unhealthy to consider it dangerous or icky? But I empathise if you worry about people going beyond your boundaries or whatever just for their fetish/fantasy/whatever.

I'm probably creepier anyways because whenever yuri comes out in English or I order some Japanese Editions or Yuri Hime I get so damn excited and weird like Yuri Lover-Kun hahaha
poplar yuri it seems.

Yeah. I think we humans tend to look for things out of the ordinary to be weary of. A suspicious person can be just as unsettling as a person who "smiles to much." Passionate people can really resemble my later example. It sucks and it's not always fair as neither of these traits mean the person is any danger at all but we probably have these instincts for a reason. They probably just need patches and updates sometimes.

I think pretty much all passions are fine and respect those that can go all out but think they should be considerate of their surroundings. Especially the farther they are from a frame of reference XP. People cheering at a rock concert or sporting event wouldn't be unusual but if you are the only one doing it in the street at 3am it would seem a little strange.

I like yuri but I just don't behave the way the character in this story does about anything really.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 5:20PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm just curious about the ratio between male and female on this site. Is it 50/50? Also where is everyone from? I remember looking at an image on here and a bunch of French girls replied to that one. Is dynasty just visited by everyone all over the world?

Sorry if you have already see this and it's not exactly just this website I don't think but in case you didn't
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/12810-survey-on-yuri-fandom-demographics-updated-with-results?page=2#forum_post_326110

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The waifu concept never worked for me. I just want to see romance, and it usually feels more genuine to me when the characters are women.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Sorry if you have already see this and it's not exactly just this website I don't think but in case you didn't
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/12810-survey-on-yuri-fandom-demographics-updated-with-results?page=2#forum_post_326110

Ahh, thanks! I didn't see that before. It is quite interesting to see this result. I'm surprised and also not surprised at the amount of non het women who read yuri ahah. I was hoping there would be more het girls like me that read yuri.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi is Yuri Danshi-kun.

I found it hard to believe this was a real thing ... so I went and looked it up, and found it

I still find it hard to believe this was a real thing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata posted:

Is just the first chapter... ONE CHAPTER ! you think that this is it? that this manga only has 2 character and no chance of expanding the story or characters beyond that?
Even in your average yuri manga you don't see girls making out in the first episode (and you don't see the mods removing the tag until they become a couple) so calm down or come back in the next volume

People on Dynasty seem to be impressively quick to judge whether things suck or tags are wrong or not. Honestly it's pretty hilarious. I'm not even sure I'll keep reading this because it just doesn't seem all that interesting so far but I'll reserve judgment until at least a couple of chapters are out first. Dunno why that's a difficult concept for people to grasp but I guess this is the age of instant gratification.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

It's good that the yuri lover lover's there to play the straight man to the yuri lover, plus we never the latter's antics never go beyond obsessing over lesbians from a distance Those things go a long way in making this setup more digestible than Yuri Danshi.

Something between the style and subject make this come across as some kind of parallel universe Mochi au Lait work (parallel Mochiverse?).

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 11:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A5PECT posted:

It's good that the yuri lover lover's there to play the straight man to the yuri lover

A gay man is playing the straight man...

To reply you must either login or sign up.