Forum › Posts by JadeVanadium

joined Feb 2, 2017

Wasn't expecting a story like this to show up on the yuri tag, but I read everything that's tagged yuri so I suppose it was just a matter of time.
"If you would become a girl, then I would become a girl as well! Then that would be yuri!"
But wow with a line like that, I'll almost be disappointed if there isn't at least a side chapter in which that actually happens. I guess I'll stick around to read the first few chapters at least.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 9:57AM

JadeVanadium
joined Feb 2, 2017

Thank you Stan Miller. I've been waiting for so long for more chapters of this to get translated.

JadeVanadium
joined Feb 2, 2017

I find it hard to believe a working adult get beaten up by their parents to that degree still living together. Something is wrong.

Abusive relationships are really hard to get out of, but it's actually more often the emotional abuse and dependence that makes people stay, rather than financial dependence (Not to downplay the role financial abuse plays though). Even more effective if the abusers are parents, and the victim has been living with it their entire life, it's already been normalized. It's not uncommon.

Using "they" as singular is grammatically wrong

If everyone understands what it means, then it is grammatically correct.

JadeVanadium
joined Feb 2, 2017

I think the question here isn't what the readers think of alleged promiscuity (or even actual) so much as what the writer wants to communicate to the audience using that. What do they think of promiscuity? What do they believe their audience thinks of it? That's the real question.

For some reason I wasted nearly two hours this morning trying to come up with a way to diffuse the debate that wouldn't agitate anyone, or take three paragraphs, couldn't do it. Good job.

If I were to take a guess at it, I'd hold the author to a higher standard of realism. I'd say the gossip is intended to be exactly like real gossip: It represents the desires of the people who spread it more than the reality of who it's about. Girls in school see this girl who's popular with boys, get jealous, spread nasty rumors, like clockwork. She does have a lot of trouble forming strong mutual bonds with her boyfriends, though, for whatever reasons. Like MC's friend said, it would make you want to think there's something wrong with her character, but I think that's a short sighted way to look at it. Rather than her not having lasting relations with boyfriends, I'm more concerned with her not having lasting relations with regular friends, due to their jealousy, which really isn't her fault. She probably doesn't have anyone to talk with, or to give her good advice. Anyone who does give her good advice would probably call her a bitch or a slut while doing so, how would she be able to listen to the advice of someone who hates her? In the end, people really are just a product of their environment.

So my guess about what the author intends is for MC to take the place of someone who can give her real advice, from a place of legitimate caring. Seeing Nika cry, it's telling us that MC is the only one who can see her as an actual person. That's the direction I'm looking forward to.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 9:47PM

JadeVanadium
joined Feb 2, 2017

Can we stop calling a teenage girl a slut now?

Glad someone said it, seriously... The irony here is that stories with these kinds of characters tend to have bits about how immature it is to make snap judgements about people you don't know anything about, and yet people make comments ON the story doing that very thing...

Also, been reading on here for a long time and recognize a lot of the frequent commenters, but this is my first comment on Dynasty Reader, so hi all. Looking forward to more of this story.