Forum › New Game discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hmmm....

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

hold me tight.

It'll be all right (っ´ω`)ノ(╥ω╥). It's just one obstacle in their way, but the true OTP will not flatter! They wouldn't dare to make that move...

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Weird, I wasn't aware I clicked on Netsuzou Trap...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'll be worried if Catherine kisses Kou on the lips. Nothing here to worry about.

Neko
joined Dec 27, 2014

A kiss on the cheek between 2 girls in France literally is nothing, however you take it. I mean, we tend to do as she explain when greeting the little sister, but, girls tend to do a lot of skinship between friends, and it's just totally normal, even though they tend to avoir it in public places like in the middle of the road u.u

The way she approach Kou before the kiss, though, isn't as natural.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

She's pulling the same stuff Hazuki always pulls.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

can't believe we're getting this incredible behind-the-scenes look at how mario + rabbids came to be

joined Jun 30, 2015

Actually the kiss is quite nothing in France. Catherine is actually being playful before that. We can actually guess that she is... not straight?

Also why are you worrying about NTR here? In New Game love polygon is normal.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, Hazuki is more about worshipping their beauty and trying to act tempting and submissive. This one is going to make Kou "her dog", she is clearly more dominant and the way she's portrayed is rather ominous.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, Hazuki is more about worshipping their beauty and trying to act tempting and submissive. This one is going to make Kou "her dog", she is clearly more dominant and the way she's portrayed is rather ominous.

The thing is Kou seemed to flutter a lot under Catherine advance. If this is a new manga, it would have a gayer opening than many Yuri one.

Never thought about it, but it now seems to be obvious. Kou definitely seems to be the more submissive type. Can she hold on for 2-3 more years…?

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 11:52PM

joined May 23, 2015

Hazuki can be pretty aggressive, too. She likes to see how much she can get away with (see the maid chapter). But they know Hazuki better and are more comfortable with ignoring or outright refusing her.

Kou doesn't quite have a reading on Catherine, though, so she can't be sure if it's okay to respond in the same way.

The dog talk was pretty much entirely work-related, though. And the actual flirtatious stuff was done with a much lighter attitude. (See Christina talking about her sister way back at the start of volume 6 for a bit more on that)

The thing is Kou seemed to flutter a lot under Catherine advance. If this is a new manga, it would have a gayer opening than many Yuri one.

Never thought about it, but it now seems to be obvious. Kou definitely seems to be the more submissive type

Kou had also just met Catherine a few hours earlier, and Catherine will both her boss and her landlord for the forseeable future, and she's in a culture completely different to her own, so Kou not being sure how to respond is understandable. She could be worried about offending or angering Catherine if she pushes Catherine away like she would have Hazuki.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 11:56PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

What is the Japanese readers’ responses to this chapter? Because sure as heck this Catherine x Kou ship was not an accident. The author surely open this new shipping route on purpose.

Not to mention Catherine has all manga cliche design of a flirty French (usually male) gaijin. Hair style, open shirt/ blouse with a convertible car. Oh and live alone with a daught.. I means.. sister to boost

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 3:05AM

joined Mar 28, 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong... but Rin just warned Kou about the prostitutes in Paris???

joined Sep 25, 2015

Has only been in Paris for less than a day and she is already being sexually harassed by a brown skin.
This is actually kinda funny.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Never thought about it, but it now seems to be obvious. Kou definitely seems to be the more submissive type. Can she hold on for 2-3 more years…?

She has some confidence issue despite being all bossy and, um, over-confident most of the time. Perhaps Rin was the foundation for all of that. I don't know if she really is submissive though, as she is somehow defying her boss after her little speech. I hope Kou will reject her, but I have the feeling the author will play with Catherine teasing...

Why would they do that to Rin ;_;

Has only been in Paris for less than a day and she is already being sexually harassed by a brown skin.

Leave that on /pol/ please...

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 7:29AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Rin called Kou immediately so I'm happy.
She's so devoted. Idk if I'll live to read the chapter where Kou stops being Kou and finally notice Rin. Though if Rin loves the whole package - dense and all - who am I to judge.

Thanks for the update!! ;)

joined Jun 23, 2017

Rin called Kou immediately so I'm happy.

I think Rin tried to hold herself back actually. The fact that she didn't call her at the airport or the train station, to finally call Kou in the middle of the night. She stayed awake to call her beloved friend, I find it really cute :3

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

No worries everyone, Kou will return to Rin unexpectedly soon when the Vivendi hostile takeover happens.

joined Apr 7, 2017

Stay strong Rin! Trust ya girl!

joined Aug 31, 2015

As a French, I notice:
1. P1 How the hell does Kou ends up in Gare du Nord? The underground there is good place to get your wallet stolen, so Rin's advice is a good one.
2. P3 Most likely her name would be written Catherine Towa Yamato, having two first names like Christina.
3. P4 Wow, Catherine's pay is good. Getting a Porshe there means you have quite the disposable income.
4. P7 Yup, she's definitely rich, that garden is huge if this is anywhere close to Paris.
5. P7 Cuteness overload! But girls wouldn't dress like this. Sophie's summer dress is less questionable though.
6. P8 Guillotine windows aren't really typical.

Anyway, the chapter was nice. Playing again the card of the French greeting kiss, huh...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

As far as I am aware, we left the French exactly as it was written in the original.

Ah, I didn't think about that! I guess that works too.

I.e. mangaka is doing their best with French. I thought the same thing about the greeting. Actually, however, I would understand all of Kou's French. It's not THAT bad.

also some of the abbreviations will favor Kou:

people will say "shay paa" j'sais pas instead of "je ne sais pas" for instance.

re future content what tells you hotaru was meeting Catherine? Hotaru says "Sore chōdo ima kai tete" - just draw it right now, or something like that. What does that scene tell us??

I get it, that's the drawing Kou found, and it was someone talking TO Hotaru

Anyway, the chapter was nice. Playing again the card of the French greeting kiss, huh...

Hungarians do the greeting kiss, too. I would say just as much.

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 5:51PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Y'all have no faith in Kou at all huh

joined Jun 23, 2017
  1. P1 How the hell does Kou ends up in Gare du Nord? The underground there is good place to get your wallet stolen, so Rin's advice is a good one.

RER B goes from Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord. I thought it was Gare de Lyon at first, since this where I take the TGV all the time. That said, it's true that the fact Kou arrived at the TGV platform is suspicious when the RER probably arrives underground... But it's way less glamorous!

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 6:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SpiritusNox posted:

Y'all have no faith in Kou at all huh

Well she has the awareness of the main character in a harem anime, she could date the whole cast before realizing that her true love was there from the start

joined Jan 25, 2017

In all seriousness, I don't think Catherine's a serious threat to Rin - at least not just going by this chapter. Kou's attracted to her, because -spoilers!- Kou likes women and Catherine is rather pretty, but Kou didn't get flustered until Catherine got actually touchy - and I get the impression that Catherine's only slightly more serious in her advances than Hazuki is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.