Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jul 29, 2017

Like i said before i dont speak and read Japanese, but the first page looks like Touko holding the key to her past or her secrets . Yes Nya-Chan its a relationship issue of Yuu friend Akari and the Sempai she likes at the Basketball club, I think the other girl likes him too. Also notice some rejection from Touko towards Yuu as well. We are definitely getting now into side stories, we will see more on the secondary characters of this school drama.

...The course of true love never did run smooth.....William Shakespeare

...The Lady doth protest to much, me think........William Shakespeare

..Police officer Ed Price to Cody (Streets of Fire ).. My plan fell to shit.......let see what you can do....

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

no one's posting the latest chapter yet.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, I'm busy like hell this month so I won't be posting much, but based on this chap, I think we'll get Yuu's confession soon. Hopefully, next chap.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think it was a very skippable/forgettable chapter

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe Nakatani-sensei will make this pay off somehow, but unlike the chapter about Kanou, this one really does feel like it's mostly marking time. Even Touko's introspection just repeats things we've heard her say/think before, and the only character I care less about at this point in the story than Akari is Other Student Council Boy, The Lazy One.

On the other hand, the cut to Touko's "You think you actually know me?" panel was nicely done--in context the scene is clearly in a group setting, but at first glance it looks like Touko's telling off Yuu for her presumption in changing the script.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Maybe Nakatani-sensei will make this pay off somehow, but unlike the chapter about Kanou, this one really does feel like it's mostly marking time. Even Touko's introspection just repeats things we've heard her say/think before, and the only character I care less about at this point in the story than Akari is Other Student Council Boy, The Lazy One.

On the other hand, the cut to Touko's "You think you actually know me?" panel was nicely done--in context the scene is clearly in a group setting, but at first glance it looks like Touko's telling off Yuu for her presumption in changing the script.

I thought the Koyomi one was the marking time one, even if it was nice. While I don't think it was completely necessary, Doujima's speech and Akari's situation may have pushed Yuu to make a decision about what to do regarding Touko, and we'll see that next chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought the Koyomi one was the marking time one

I probably misphrased it--you're right, that chapter clearly was a delaying move in terms of The Great Getting Yuu & Touko Into the Sack project, but at least it did involve and develop the character of a (perhaps arguably the) central player in that particular moment of the plot.

As I said, maybe this will pay off somehow later, but after the tension getting ramped up so nicely last time, I would have welcomed any number of developments besides Akari Haz A Sad About Basketball Boy--Again.

joined Jul 17, 2016

after the tension getting ramped up so nicely last time, I would have welcomed any number of developments besides Akari Haz A Sad About Basketball Boy--Again.

Last time when? In the past Touko and Yuu have argued just once (chapter 10) and it was about to end badly until Yuu agreed to obey Touko. But this time it's different, Yuu is going against Touko's desires without planning to step back and it's the first time Touko seems to be really uneasy. So a confrontation is meant to happen at some point, sooner or later. Unless Yuu agrees to use the old script again (not happening since everyone has accepted the new one, even Touko despite not being happy about it), Touko and her will probably end up arguing again and shit will go down for real. I'm sure this confrontation will happen next chapter since it's the last one of this volume, and this time they need to be honest with each other. A big storm will likely happen before (hopefully) a happy outcome.
And judging by the cover, is Touko hiding something that no one knows, not even Yuu? All of Touko's inner thoughts have shown nothing but her desire to be someone else, so it's intriguing if she really has a secret.

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 2:42PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, my phrasing really must suck today: "last time" = previous chapter. Sorry.

Important cards started getting put on the table in Chap.26--the new script, Yuu's understanding of Sayaka, Yuu starting to push against Touko's wishes. I don't see this new chapter adding any new elements or doing much with the existing ones. But I could certainly end up being wrong about that.

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 3:04PM

joined Jul 17, 2016

Man, my phrasing really must suck today: "last time" = previous chapter. Sorry.

Important cards started getting put on the table in Chap.26--the new script, Yuu's understanding of Sayaka, Yuu starting to push against Touko's wishes. I don't see this new chapter adding any new elements or doing much with the existing ones. But I could certainly end up being wrong about that.

Yeah I agree with you, I'm not defending this chapter, it was kind of meh and not a lot happened. Only thing was Touko ignoring Yuu, but for sure she'll do the same next chapter. I just don't think the whole thing with Akari was just put there to finish that little sub plot at this point of the story, I mean why now when a lot of stuff are happening? I think the whole emphasis in Doujima's speech is meant to cause some impact on Yuu that will make her move next chapter and that's it. It wasn't really necessary, but the more you think about it, Yuu has no one to talk about her situation, so listening to Doujima talking to Akari may be the closest thing she has of an advice right now.

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 9:43PM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think the whole emphasis in Doujima's speech is meant to cause some impact on Yuu that will make her move next chapter and that's it. It wasn't really necessary, but the more you think about it, Yuu has no one to talk about her situation, so listening to Doujima talking to Akari may be the closest thing she has of an advice right now

Tfw the chapter isn't posted on dynasty yet but some ppl just don't give a fuck about spoiling others apparently :')

But yeah it was obviously drawing a parallel to Yuu's situation and stalemate, hitting close to home, allowing Yuu to express some sadness for feelings she can't admit to or share as openly.

Hm and I guess the reason why the play bothers Touko so much, despite that it's just a play and has no real necessary impact on her life and actual decisions, is because she's lost some confidence I suppose.It's rubbing her the wrong way cus it's a very direct attack on what she believes in and is trying to achieve. To be forced to play this character and repeat these lines she loathes to hear, she's taking it personally.

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 9:44PM by Nezchan

joined Jul 17, 2016

I think the whole emphasis in Doujima's speech is meant to cause some impact on Yuu that will make her move next chapter and that's it. It wasn't really necessary, but the more you think about it, Yuu has no one to talk about her situation, so listening to Doujima talking to Akari may be the closest thing she has of an advice right now

Tfw the chapter isn't posted on dynasty yet but some ppl just don't give a fuck about spoiling others apparently :')

But yeah it was obviously drawing a parallel to Yuu's situation and stalemate, hitting close to home, allowing Yuu to express some sadness for feelings she can't admit to or share as openly.

Hm and I guess the reason why the play bothers Touko so much, despite that it's just a play and has no real necessary impact on her life and actual decisions, is because she's lost some confidence I suppose.It's rubbing her the wrong way cus it's a very direct attack on what she believes in and is trying to achieve. To be forced to play this character and repeat these lines she loathes to hear, she's taking it personally.

Sorry :v since there were comments I thought it was already posted, :v

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 9:44PM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Sorry :v since there were comments I thought it was already posted, :v

Well since it isn't, I don't think you read the chapter from an upload on dynasty, did you ;x
Actually, looking back, everyone was still spoiler tagging, lmao, why did you think it was posted if ppl were still censoring their spoilers? You legit replied to a post that was completely blacked out >_> They kept spoiler tagging as they replied you too. It's like speaking loudly in a library and remaining completely oblivious as to why others are whispering.
But as long as you/others remember for next time tbh, it'd be great, thanks :')
Since it's such a plot centric series, I find it really douchy when ppl start out from spoiling raws already. Like some ppl decide not to look at the posted raws and wait for the TL, but some just go and describe everything they've seen without spoiler tagging.
Like, dude? Really?
Guys
Guys please
It's just "==" in the beginning and in the end of your spoilers, it takes like a second not to ruin someone else's reading experience.

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 5:41PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yes, good good.

Death to het!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think all relationship problems should be resolved by writing and starring in a play about them. It's much more dramatic and satisfying than doing it the boring old fashioned way of actually talking to each other.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

I think all relationship problems should be resolved by writing and starring in a play about them. It's much more dramatic and satisfying than doing it the boring old fashioned way of actually talking to each other.

Verbal communication is so overrated. They should just act everything out by miming.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think all relationship problems should be resolved by writing and starring in a play about them.

Point taken, but the main conflict here is only a “relationship problem” in that it’s about Touko’s relationship with herself and her own sense of identity; the play is a way to get Touko to come to terms with her insecurity and self-hatred. Once fake-Touko resolves into a real-Touko there will be room for a real relationship with Yuu.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

I nominate Doujima-kun for Best Boy in yuri 2017.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I think this chapter would've been less underwhelming & seemingly pointless if the cliffhanger at the end was not another scene of Touko being angsty and self-reflecting on what we already know. Last chap ends on a similar note but with a "show don't tell" approach, which makes it way more interesting & ominous. Ending this chap on a much weaker version of that not only makes it redundant, but also underwhelming.

The first part of the chap showing Touko ignoring Yuu is good since it shows the immediate consequence of the event from last chap. The middle part with Akari, IMO, also has some relevance to the overall plot/development since as Scarlet pointed out, Doujima's words might serve as another catalyst to get Yuu to confess her feelings (the first catalyst being that of her confrontation with Sayaka from last chap, the whole "Do you love Touko? Cause I do" thing). Also, this whole thing with Akari getting heartbroken, feeling rejected, & having to cope with it by moving on from her crush might very well serve as a mental preparation for Yuu. We know that Yuu is willing to risk losing her relationship with Touko (ch 24) if it means she can help change her so the possibility of facing a heartbreak probably has been floating in the back of her mind this whole time, but it only really hits her this chap after seeing her own friend going through it. I might be reading into it too much as always, but Yuu's expression as she hugs Akari is not just her feeling bad for her friend, but her feeling anxious for herself. The reason I think Yuu's confession is coming is because this volume has been strongly hinting towards it. The date with Yuu asking how people usually feel when they confess. Last chap with that confrontation with Sayaka. & then this chap, especially, with this whole sequence with Akari and Doujima. If my reading of that scene is correct & if next chap is really gonna be another big confrontation that results in a confession, whether intentional or unintentional, ending on Yuu's self-reflection instead of Touko's would've been a lot stronger, IMO.

Then again, we don't know how next chap will turn out yet, so eh, I'll wait & see. Anyway, I will try to stop posting now. Need to study. Halp

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This chapter was saaaaaaad. Mostly the last couple pages, with parallel Yuu and Touko frames, looking "away" from each other, left and right respectively. Might have been coincidence, but that captured the mood quite well.

First time I read the last line, I thought Touko wanted Yuu to help her. Second time I read it, it occurred to me she might be accusing Yuu of not helping her. For now I'm leaning towards thinking the former is true, based on the side blurb. Maybe they're both true. It satisfies me that Touko is thinking about this seriously, probably having already re-read the lines tens of times to have already memorized them, and going through them again at the end.

I had some personal experience with the self hatred thing recently, after a friend talked to me about it. o: Thinking about how they felt, I'm thinking Touko can't possibly want to hate herself. It's just that there's no other option. Seems like. Being empty is scary. Being no one, to not exist, of no consequence is scary, if you're aware that there's another possibility. Touko's solution has being to go for that possibility. But we see how much she enjoys being herself too, because maybe that fills the hole more than an imitation. The funny thing is her stubborn determination in erasing herself is another characteristic which is hers alone. So the conflict here is between which "her" she is able to believe in the most. The perfect side or the emerging one, which can't be seen in such black and white terms as weak/perfect.

I said before I thought that her weak side didn't exist anymore, only as a driver for her internal hate. Maybe that's wrong and that is the threshold which she has let no one see. For some reason I don't really think her moments of weakness with Yuu are the deepest they can go. I don't think her hate for herself is the whole story. I really want her to say why she hates herself in her own words. If she were willing to admit it, she definitely would figure it out. She probably already knows.

Quite curious as to why that particular cover was used for this chapter. Touko hiding a weak side / some knowledge buried deep is the only thing I can come up with which makes sense in the context of this chapter.

joined Jul 17, 2016

if next chap is really gonna be another big confrontation that results in a confession, whether intentional or unintentional, ending on Yuu's self-reflection instead of Touko's would've been a lot stronger, IMO.

Agree with this. That Doujima speech and the whole Akari scene was fine but it became kind of pointless due to Yuu's thoughts not being shown. Her reaction after Akari told her she will give up on her crush was certainly Yuu thinking about Touko, or so it seems since Yuu remained stoic the entire time until Akari mentioned the last part. But still, it feels to me like that reaction from Yuu was not enough. Come to think of it though, next chapter is the last one of this volume, so maybe the point is for Yuu to have a whole big inner monologue next chapter to create a bigger impact. The ending with Touko wasn't that bad, I thought of it as foreshadowing for next chapter and while her thoughts are repetitive, her last line delivers because it shows her disappointment on Yuu.
Still, this chapter was kind of meh-tier. Hopefully next chapter will really deliver. So far all the last chapters of each volume have been great, next one can't be the exception.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Telling someone you love them is never wrong".

Eh... Take that Yuu.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Well, given the rather uneventful (but in my opinion, not particularly bad) chapter, it ended up culminating into me re-reading this for the 4th time, leading me to find Akari in the earlier chapters saying she didn't feel down because he turned her down, but would feel sad if he already had a girlfriend instead. Interestingly enough, it was foreshadowing.

I will feel disappointed if there isn't a major conflict beginning in the next chapter focused on Yuu x Touko, nonetheless.

I have to study, please ban me

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I keep being amazed at how the author manages to use the character's exaggerated manga features to portray extremely subtle and realistic emotions. On the top-left panel here, for instance, each of Yuu's eyeballs is individually larger than her entire mouth cavity, yet you barely even register it because the combination of the head tilt, eyebrow positioning, and, most importantly, the single curved line depicting her mouth convey the irritated but subdued frustration so powerfully.

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 6:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.