Forum › A Room Without Shiori Invitation discussion

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Ah yes, the story that still makes me cry has more to it, just what I needed.

This artist makes some really kinky sex though, I love it.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

No.

Heh.

I knew YUI_7 has a habit of angsty, dramatic doujins, but it's been so long since I read A Room Without Shiori I forgot exactly how the angst and drama went down.

After re-reading it, I'll re-iterate the comments from that doujin as I think that even if this kind of story is "realistic" or "Japanese", I feel like it's just not very good storytelling. Just not well-written.

joined May 4, 2013

WHAT IS THIS

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

WHAT IS THIS

TORTURE. I just want to know is she dead or not, is that really too much to ask, author-san... and then I get a prequel... sadist.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The first time I read the first story, I had assumed Shiori left her, since it seemed fairly established that there was something deeply unhealthy about their relationship.

But rereading and reading this one, I'm thinking she's dead. Just that last line "she is no longer" almost always means "is dead now" (though it's hard to be sure, since we only see the translation, and not the original line).

Or it's intended to be ambiguous. Either way, it's certain she is irrevocably gone from Touko's life. That seems to be the point - it doesn't matter what happened to Shiori, she's not here anymore.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I was not dealing much of why Shiori is not in the room anymore since little was given. The enigma of the reason/s has two things for me:
1. The author doesn't know, either which way, the author's story or someone's the author knew. The answer only lies from Shiori.
2. If this is inspired from a real life, the owner of the story doesn't want to divulge the reason/s. Or even the owner doesn't know. However,

If this is inspired from real life, the owner of the story already knew by now the reason/s why Shiori went away. For in this recent release, it readily presented the word, bad liar. Something Shiori smiled and kept in mind that it shouldn't be known.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

It also doesn't help that Touko is older in the prequel than at the start of the first chapter, which makes pinpointing when this is taking place kind of difficult.

She was 27 when they first met but turned 28 around the time they became lovers.

Yea, this is less a prequel and more a mid-quel. This takes place after Touko and Shiori started dating, but before Shiori disappeared.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Yui wrote another of these? Great, wonderful... Uhg.

joined Jun 12, 2012

No not this again. I'm out

Notto disu shitto agen

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

No not this again. I'm out

Feel like I'm missing something here :P

It's a prequel to another story the mangaka has

Thanks.
somehow missed this mangaka in my time here. Took a look and found the other story, I understand now.

Here comes the trauma once again. Time for some tokoharu

joined Apr 29, 2018

well i think that shiori cheated on the mc and got herself pregnant. first she wears more confortable clothes while she used to wear shorts (a little innapropriate for a pregnant woman don't you think?) plus when mc mentionned that she overact about it. why would someone act like this just because her lover said she changed clothes. second: mc also mentioned that her breasts were tighter. do i need to say more? once again shiori's reaction was more than suspicious she was blushing! why? it's your girlfriend it's not like she hasn't told you something similar before! that shouldn't bother you that much unless.... you're hidding something. and finally the last words: "bad liar" and particuliarly "i have to be careful"... about the fact she might discover the truth. that's probably why she's gone. for some reason maybe she was forced to be with some random man (or maybe she did it on her own) got pregnant and then when her pregnancy started to show she decided to leave mc. but please remember that's a theory and there is ABSOLUTLY NO PROOF!

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 12:00AM

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

hmmm... the author definitely knew what they were doing leaving a lot of the details in the air for interpretation. i feel bad for touko

To reply you must either login or sign up.