Forum › Boy Meets Girl, Girl Meets Boy discussion

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

It's a lovely series. Just give it a read and try not to complain about the appearance of dicks at times.

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

how come on some series the date is from years ago? is it hidden or something?

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

I'm confused, so Yu was lying about having sisters? So where did he get the bra and the clothes from.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 4:54AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The date is always the date of the release by the group. Not the date it appeared on Dynasty.

So, if Dynasty waited years before hosting something, it will show with its original release date anyway.

And about this, I find this mangaka style a bit disturbing. I don't know why. His characters always look shifty. I had the same feeling with Nana to Kaoru. That the characters are constantly lying, to others and to themselves.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 7:09AM

joined Mar 18, 2013

It's incredibly annoying that almost all of these "gender bender" manga willfully ignores that actual trans people exists, and if they remember, they ignore that hormone therapy is a thing that exists. Otherwise, cute

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

The story was a bit odd and uncomfortable at times (mostly the "ur a guy but gots boobs now so let us all gang up on ya an' grope em it's fine rite?"), but it turned out pretty nice, and I'm a fan of the artist. I loved Toshiue no Hito, shifty art and all.

joined Apr 27, 2015

And about this, I find this mangaka style a bit disturbing. I don't know why. His characters always look shifty. I had the same feeling with Nana to Kaoru. That the characters are constantly lying, to others and to themselves.

It's to create an erotic look, though I could see how it could look shifty instead

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 11:57AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Date translated not date added.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I liked the series but the last chapter was really weird. I thought Yu/Yuko had sisters and had a family that supported his sex change? Where'd this brother all of a sudden come from? I wish they also went into Junko/Jun's family life and her sex change more too.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

it's interesting, but it feels like there are several chapters missing between chap 3 and 4, so it's also a bit disappointing...=/

joined Jan 4, 2014

I'm confused, so Yu was lying about having sisters? So where did he get the bra and the clothes from.

Somehow it feels like the gap between the translations for chapters 1-3 vs. chapter 4 might be a slightly delayed reflection of when the individual chapters were written, i.e. there may indeed be a significant real-world gap between the writing of the first three chapters and the fourth one. In which case the author may have simply opted for some changes to the history in order to make it a decent one-shot, but neglected to consider that anyone reading it in chronological order might end up rather confused...

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Mal has this listed as having 11 chapters. Also list it as part of a collection of 1 shots under the name Change-H. So maybe chapter 4 was actually a stand alone alternate version oneshot like the Flying Witch and Nisekoi oneshots were.

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

Somehow it feels like the gap between the translations for chapters 1-3 vs. chapter 4 might be a slightly delayed reflection of when the individual chapters were written, i.e. there may indeed be a significant real-world gap between the writing of the first three chapters and the fourth one. In which case the author may have simply opted for some changes to the history in order to make it a decent one-shot, but neglected to consider that anyone reading it in chronological order might end up rather confused...

Fair enough, but its quite the jump from loving family with older sisters to orphan and older brother :P

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

I would have enjoyed the story more if it didn't have such a fast pace. A bit more substance could've really made the difference between an awkwardly paced short story and a satisfying short story without holes in the plot.

Well, other than that, it was really cute(?) and sweet ( ´ ˘ `) ~3

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

So who were lending him bras and stuff? His ghost sisters that were never born since his parents died right after his birth?

Parseewtc
joined Jul 6, 2016

It's incredibly annoying that almost all of these "gender bender" manga willfully ignores that actual trans people exists, and if they remember, they ignore that hormone therapy is a thing that exists. Otherwise, cute

It's interesting, I've read more or less all of Ryuta Amazume's translated stuff and I'm pretty sure they're aware of trans people and dysphoria to some degree. Specifically, they has a two-shot story "Kawase, Me, and..." that (speaking personally) hit on that perfect fever mix of puberty dysphoria in a way no other work had. Their other manga "Bra Girls/Swing Girls"(name depends on translation) is even more explicit and has a lot of trans-related diy tips you've probably seen if you browsed the net before.

Their works are definitely intended as erotica, and they do have a lot of issues, but I chalk it up to the fact I suspect this most of this was written years ago and their knowledge might have improved over time.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

It's interesting, I've read more or less all of Ryuta Amazume's translated stuff and I'm pretty sure they're aware of trans people and dysphoria to some degree. Specifically, they has a two-shot story "Kawase, Me, and..." that (speaking personally) hit on that perfect fever mix of puberty dysphoria in a way no other work had. Their other manga "Bra Girls/Swing Girls"(name depends on translation) is even more explicit and has a lot of trans-related diy tips you've probably seen if you browsed the net before.

Their works are definitely intended as erotica, and they do have a lot of issues, but I chalk it up to the fact I suspect this most of this was written years ago and their knowledge might have improved over time.

Not to mention they specifically mentioned that once their sex change condition stabilizes, they can get drugs or surgery and choose which sex they'd prefer to be.

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 2:30AM

20170401_014108
joined Oct 18, 2016

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. There were probably more parts of the manga that I liked than disliked, but as a trans woman it still left me feeling sorta uncomfortable... Especially when the brother was going on about the "clear line" between men and women; I've always been confused by this black and white mentality a lot of cis people seem to have about gender ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Not to mention, the 4th chapter seemed to be kinda disconnected from the first three in regard to plot. It's like there were an additional three or four chapters between the 3rd and the 4th that weren't actually there...

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

They're technically intersexed if they were born that way. But they can transition to a specific gender and sex if they want to. But other than that, its really neat that there's an actual intersex manga that doesn't use the excuse of having magical dick fairies that grows mushrooms between girls legs.
Don't get me wrong, I love futanari. But this is the first time in years that I see another intersex character in manga.

joined May 3, 2014

are trans tag gonna be slaped on any thing intersex related or gender bend???lol

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

are trans tag gonna be slaped on any thing intersex related or gender bend???lol

It’s pretty clear that they aren’t cis, the story is in many ways defined by their tumultuous relationship with their own gender, and how it’s perceived by others, perceived by themselves, and how it relates to their physical bodies.

joined Jun 28, 2018

I genuinely love this series

To reply you must either login or sign up.