Forum › Akuma no Riddle discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

i wanna see haru's bad side already

same. for some reason I feel like she is some kind of death machine, we just don't know it yet

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

damn this is kewl~ chicks,assasin, and yuri my favorites lolololol.... can't wait until the anime is out and finish :3 looking forward to it~

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

God dammit, those characters, like all of them except Tokaku and Haru, are freaking annoying. I mean...what the hell is up with them? Are they all bipolar or something? One moment they look like normal girls, the other something suddenly triggers their killing instinct?
"Want some pocky?"
"No."
"TAKE THEM ANYWAY!!! * throws them at Tokaku like freakin throwing knives *
Urgh...I'll bear with it for now and see if it gets any better. Otherwise I guess I'm gonna drop this, even though the art looks awesome. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I am so fucking pumped for the anime. :DD

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

I feel like the only one who likes the other characters and the main characters.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Urgh...I'll bear with it for now and see if it gets any better. Otherwise I guess I'm gonna drop this, even though the art looks awesome. Gotta give credit where it's due.

I blame the translations. Apparently going Japanese -> Spanish -> English is very much less then ideal. There have been several parts where I have just sat there scratching my head in confusion because of sentence structure and apparent grammatical problems. It seems to have gotten better in the newer volumes, but it is still there.

last edited at Mar 24, 2014 10:57PM

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

Oh my...I'm really looking forward to the anime. This will be awesome.

42ed6ac01f64931b5bad2cac0038d2d6
joined Apr 11, 2013

I am so fucking pumped for the anime. :DD

Me and you both! I'm so ready! BRING IT!!

joined Jul 27, 2013

still no group wants to pick the anime up? so much for yuri thursdays

joined Dec 20, 2013

i just saw some parts of the first episode ... It looks interesting ....
I couldn't find yet a subbed version ( maybe a little bit early for that )... Of course I couldn't really understand the episode since i don't know japanese...
Does anyone knows how many episodes will be?

last edited at Apr 4, 2014 4:44PM

joined Apr 4, 2014

I couldn't find yet a subbed version ( maybe a little bit early for that )... Of course I couldn't really understand the episode since i don't know japanese...

Total of 13 they say. You can find spanish sub if that helps you lol

joined Dec 20, 2013

Total of 13 they say. You can find spanish sub if that helps you lol

LoL
yes, i already found it... and it helped me... ;)

joined Apr 4, 2014

English sub is out

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Haven't read the manga and just finished watching the episode but... Holy crap, is every character aside from the two protags exactly the same?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Haven't read the manga and just finished watching the episode but... Holy crap, is every character aside from the two protags exactly the same?

?

Scar-girl is crazy, Kyouko likes pocky (and is openly observant), -sama is a sadist and blonde-y just wants to "win". I'm not one for names, but outside of the fact that everyone was arrogant, I didn't see much similarity in any of the characters, actually.
Side couple was the highlight of the few chapters I actually read, I wonder if the anime will develop them at all to make up for skipping that part in episode 1....

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

?

Scar-girl is crazy, Kyouko likes pocky (and is openly observant), -sama is a sadist and blonde-y just wants to "win". I'm not one for names, but outside of the fact that everyone was arrogant, I didn't see much similarity in any of the characters, actually.
Side couple was the highlight of the few chapters I actually read, I wonder if the anime will develop them at all to make up for skipping that part in episode 1....

Everyone seems to have a "I'm so cool!" attitude with a Ramlethal smile, they all really looked like just one person to me
At least they could have slightly different smiles or something

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I was just watching the first episode, and just started thinking:
It would be a great plot twist if Haru wasn't the target, and it was actually Tokaku for some reason.
Since just about everything points to Haru except for the actual confirmation from the client so far, I just thought that would be a perfect twist. Not that it's not good as it is already.

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

I was just watching the first episode, and just started thinking:
It would be a great plot twist if Haru wasn't the target, and it was actually Tokaku for some reason.
Since just about everything points to Haru except for the actual confirmation from the client so far, I just thought that would be a perfect twist. Not that it's not good as it is already.

OMG... I was thinking the same thing as well!!

Have really high expectation for this series!! *^ *

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

^ Are we the same people? I was thinking the same thing as well, lmao. Perhaps I'm not so unique though...

Well, episode 1 was definitely enough to grab my interest. I haven't caught up with the manga yet, but Totaku seemed literally invincible this episode.

Oh yeah, +1 for somehow incorporating a skirt flip without being (completely) blatant fan service.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This series is seriously filled with a lot of mysteries.

My speculations:

Theory #1:
In the show, PV and manga, Haru mentions a few times that she will definitely live long enough to graduate. I get this odd feeling that something will happen to her afterwards. She lives life like she might die the next day, but that behavior isn't exactly normal when you keep another point in mind - which I will mention in theory #3.

Theory #2:
Somehow, I get the feeling that this Kurogumi is not actually for the twelve assassins to kill Haru, but rather, for Haru to survive amongst the class. I know they sound almost exactly the same, but I hope you guys get what I mean. What made me think this way was at the end of the first episode in the series, where the principal expressed her curiosity in how /Haru/ would do in the class.

Theory #3:
At one point, I thought Haruki was the real target simply because she said she didn't want Tokaku to discover her scent, but I guess that probably isn't it considering Nio wants Haru dead. Anyway, somewhat bouncing off of theory #2; it's possible that Haru might be from some sort of suspicious household where she was never allowed to go to school and thus soaks in this opportunity to be at high school. One thing I find really suspicious is that according to the Japanese Wikipedia page, Haru told Tokaku that her parents and her brothers got killed while protecting her, but Nio strictly tells Haruki that Haru actually killed them. This could mean two things. Either: Haru has no recollection of the killings (if Nio is telling the truth - but I see no reason for her to lie) OR Haru intends on pulling Tokaku's strings like a puppet.

last edited at Apr 8, 2014 11:47PM

joined Apr 4, 2014

I support you're 3rd theory, I got the same impression about Haru and Nio story. This manga has a lot of mystery behind all the characters which I'm always brainstorming as well.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This series is seriously filled with a lot of mysteries.

My speculations:

Theory #1:
In the show, PV and manga, Haru mentions a few times that she will definitely live long enough to graduate. I get this odd feeling that something will happen to her afterwards. She lives life like she might die the next day, but that behavior isn't exactly normal when you keep another point in mind - which I will mention in theory #3.

Theory #2:
Somehow, I get the feeling that this Kurogumi is not actually for the twelve assassins to kill Haru, but rather, for Haru to survive amongst the class. I know they sound almost exactly the same, but I hope you guys get what I mean. What made me think this way was at the end of the first episode in the series, where the principal expressed her curiosity in how /Haru/ would do in the class.

Theory #3:
At one point, I thought Haruki was the real target simply because she said she didn't want Tokaku to discover her scent, but I guess that probably isn't it considering Nio wants Haru dead. Anyway, somewhat bouncing off of theory #2; it's possible that Haru might be from some sort of suspicious household where she was never allowed to go to school and thus soaks in this opportunity to be at high school. One thing I find really suspicious is that according to the Japanese Wikipedia page, Haru told Tokaku that her parents and her brothers got killed while protecting her, but Nio strictly tells Haruki that Haru actually killed them. This could mean two things. Either: Haru has no recollection of the killings (if Nio is telling the truth - but I see no reason for her to lie) OR Haru intends on pulling Tokaku's strings like a puppet.

This is completely off-topic but I wanna ask... What manga is ur avatar from?
(feel like I've seen it before)

Snapshot_20141129
joined Apr 12, 2014

i already read the chap 19 on xxxmanga.com..
why is here still in chap 7?? O.o

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@flips: It was from Gakkou Gurashi.

@Hika: The scanlation isn't that good on other websites, namely the grammar, occasional spelling error and the poor cleaning job + watermarks. Plus, I think some websites are just waiting for a certain group to release their version of AnR.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

On the topic of avis, Shigofumi, nice.

Plus, I think some websites are just waiting for a certain group to release their version of AnR.

Close, but unfortunately not really. For AnR, the only group we may have waited on dropped out of the running immediately - without them, we're left to take what's available. It's probably not up because none of the uploaders follow it closely - myself included - and it was never otherwise requested, so it was sort of just forgotten about.

Anyway, assuming we're allowed to, they'll be up before too long.

To reply you must either login or sign up.