Forum › Akuma no Riddle discussion

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Um, OrangePekoe, you might want to replace the version you have here with these:
http://ihoshiku.tumblr.com/tagged/iHoshiku-Translation
The tl and English are MUCH BETTER. (and it's up to chapter 19, to)

last edited at Apr 13, 2014 7:57PM

Oh, these scanlations are just awful. Half the time, I don't even know what the conversation is about…

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh wow, well at first all the character had the same aura but now that we're getting deep in, you can tell them apart (beside their looks) and is getting interesting, I wasn't sure if a full yandere(?) cast would work out.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I'm totally shipping Banba x Hanabusa tbh

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Um, OrangePekoe, you might want to replace the version you have here with these:

If these are "MUCH BETTER" I'm afraid to find out what the other ones looked like...

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

If these are "MUCH BETTER" I'm afraid to find out what the other ones looked like...

lel.
hardly better. Some tumblrtard just wants to feel useful when her scans are crap

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I don't know what to think about those scans. On one hand, I can respect the fact that they put time into it and everything, but... um, general quality is questionable.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's so easy to attack when you have nothing to defend

joined Mar 30, 2012

Well thanks for the scans at least, apparently my scans searching skills suck so I've not even gotten my hands on any raws for this series. Can make do with the quality.

Ch20! those cliffhangers! Of course they always blank out some important speech bubbles with the wind T_T.
And we get more Azuma background! The translation(or possibly not) made it confusing WHO was the disgrace and who was the heir of the head family but guessing since the Aunt was visiting, she's the disgrace and Tokaku is the heir :S I think the anime wrote that on a data-shot too.

Also, they were saying how Azuma is west and Kuzunoha is east, maybe Haru is part of the east group :O

last edited at Apr 15, 2014 3:04AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's so easy to attack when you have nothing to defend

+1

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

The translations definitely suck, but I'm kind of glad to see them at all.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

Guys, they aren't THAT bad. I'd take a chapter 21 with sub-par (yet, somewhat accurate) translation than no translated chap. 21 at all.

Yes, I'm absolutely fine with settling for less.

Knight
joined Oct 10, 2013

I found i like the manga more than the anime. Same thing happen to Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san.

last edited at May 19, 2014 3:06AM

joined Apr 4, 2014

lel.
hardly better. Some tumblrtard just wants to feel useful when her scans are crap

I can never understand, what's the point in bitching an moaning if you're reading it for free. With manga really. Not the best of course but it's translated... >. < thanks to that "tumblrtard" we're passed chapter 7. Be somewhat grateful at least...

joined Sep 4, 2013

I've been putting off reading this one because the translations were cringe-worthy and it really killed the mood for me. I'm hoping a native English group picks it up.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Be somewhat grateful at least

yeah I'm grateful it has an anime so I don't have to waste my time reading half-assed translations

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Somehow, I don't really enjoy the pace of this manga.
On one hand, it's slow in that we learn nothing new for 20 chapters.
On other hand, it's fast in that we already have some people eliminated...
Feels somewhat weird. Both too slow and rushed. But not right.

last edited at Apr 16, 2014 5:19AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Somehow, I don't really enjoy the pace of this manga.
On one hand, it's slow in that we learn nothing new for 20 chapters.
On other hand, it's fast in that we already have some people eliminated...
Feels somewhat weird. Both too slow and rushed. But not right.

I agree with you. The pacing of this manga is really weird. It was super slow in the beginning then bam bam bam, so many characters that you start to like, are now gone.

To all the people complaining about the quality of the translation, it really isn't all that bad. I appreciate the work the scanlator put into this :)

I honestly think that even with a different scanlator, the pacing and atmosphere of the manga will still be the same. I don't think the faults of the manga have anything to do with the scanlations.

Comparing it with the anime (to ep 3 so far), I feel like the anime does handle the pacing a bit better. I've noticed they added in a few scenes and changed a few scenes to drag out the attempted murder and made it feel more natural. On the other hand, I liked the original manga sequence better. I felt like it was more suspenseful than the anime version.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Help me >_<
I can't come to enjoy this... and the worst part is I don't know why :(

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Just read this for the first time today. Kinda liked it, a little odd.. will watch the anime now but generally I prefer the mangas over animes.

yeah I'm grateful it has an anime so I don't have to waste my time reading half-assed translations

A solution, learn to translate for yourself instead of complaining about what others do for free.

Cheshire Cat
Yuri
joined Dec 11, 2013

17 pages, I think it's a short amount page to make a manga with a good plot. My Haruki is eliminated ;__;.. What am I gonna do with my IsukeHaruki ship? I hope my BanbaHanabusa ship won't be eliminating soon ;___;....

Then don't read, just watch. Editing is not easily, so be respectful for the editor.

last edited at May 9, 2014 1:58AM

joined Mar 12, 2014

I ship BanbaxHanabusa too but on anime they seem strangers tho.. They don't seem to have a crush on each other like how they did on manga o.O that sucks!

Images%20(6)
joined Nov 16, 2013

The manga is sooo much more better. The anime, i feel like they just half-assed it. In the manga you can sympathize with the characters, you cant really hate them (except for some evil ones) But, my point is, it felt rushed.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, quite a bit going on here. Since we're sharing, here's my hypothesis at this point:
This Black Class was convened as a method of "pushing Tokaku out of the nest", so to speak. Consider that she's an assassin who has never killed. Why? It can't just be that it's school; the others already have their first kills under their collective belts. But the characters we've met also have another common point: they have a reason. They have...let's call it a Focus. Capitalised; official like.

I would put forth that Tokaku doesn't, and this whole game is to engineer that. Be it from a strong protective impulse or desire for revenge in the event she fails to protect Haru or something else entirely, the intent is that she come out of this with the a Focus so she can do her job. We've been given some indication that she's previously been driven by her family situation, but my read of that scene is it's not important enough to be her Focus. Considering she was unable to kill Isuke, I think this is a fair assessment.

Also recall that Kaiba implied she was monstrously deficient from the very start, and it should be clear that he's attempting to manipulate her development via his riddles. There's no way he doesn't know what's going on, but he doesn't seem displeased by these developments-- rather the opposite, I should think by his reactions! I suspect either Nio or the teacher are his informants, because there's no way that teacher doesn't know far more than he's letting on.

The questions don't just come from him, though. The specific people she faces are each part of the challenge, bringing their own carefully-selected lessons of virtue and vice. Like Haruki, who waxed on about Haru [herself] finding freedom only in death. That's not an accident either; the recipient of the message is Tokaku! Surely you don't think the coincident riddle was just a coincidence?

A professor once gave me an object lesson in the power of tests to shape our understanding, from which I arrive at the following assertion: a well-crafted test is one from which we learn new lessons, even as we demonstrate mastery of the material. Tokaku... she wrote an answer to the caged bird riddle. She wrote "death". But after her encounter, she changed her mind. And within this understanding, this means she passed the test.

I suppose I'm probably over-thinking it, but it's fun.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

oh crap, it's here D: pulls out a pack of tissues

To reply you must either login or sign up.