Forum › Anime season

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Uh...that's more due there having been no plans for years. Anime isn't made overnight. That, and the whole mess with Gainax collapsing.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

poor ozen never got the chance to tap lyza ass.
and marluk is lyza replacement......that explain the crossdressing.

last edited at Aug 26, 2017 12:00AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

Interesting insight! What was the problem, BTW?

First episodes had a lot of japanese complaining on Twitter: "what a going on?", "please explain".
The obscure plot probably made a lot of people drop it. Maybe it would be a more successful show years ago, when EVA and FLCL were success.

Even FLCL wasn't that much of a success seeing as how it needs western publishers to fund its new season.

2008 bubble pops hit anime hard.
anime actually rely on western market....

last edited at Aug 26, 2017 12:02AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

I'd argue anime slowly becoming more global is a good thing, even with the economic crash.

joined Dec 16, 2013

I'd argue anime slowly becoming more global is a good thing, even with the economic crash.

no anime will just becoming boring and generic.....

ozen into lyza?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

koneko posted:

poor ozen
http://pm1.narvii.com/6490/a8c4af32f6a71353919ab5018aa6e314ff186bde_hq.jpg

I was coming to say just that but without the picture... Thanks for the picture

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Well, it's confirmed that Ange and Charlotte aren't sisters, just close "friends" who switched places. Score for team Yuri.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Still, could you spoiler tag that? Haven't had a chance to watch it.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

It was pretty inferred episodes ago. Latest episode just explains the circumstances.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

New Kase-san anime!

Well, it's confirmed that Ange and Charlotte aren't sisters, just close "friends" who switched places. Score for team Yuri.

Goal against for yuri twincest.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

New Kase-san anime!

No guarantee it won't be another music video, but yeah

What is wrong with your faaaaaace

Didn't they retcon out the early series?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

What is wrong with your faaaaaace

SM was a mistake. A mistakeeeeee.

No guarantee it won't be another music video, but yeah

Worst case scenario.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 10:32PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Really? Because SM has a much higher animation budget than the prior series.

joined Dec 16, 2013

uncensored version of centaur ep 8??!! damn crunchyrooll!!

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 4:50AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Does it? X & Y had some pretty over the top animation

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

My complaint is directed at the art style, not the animation. Ofc, that is subjective though.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gudetamago posted:

Does it? X & Y had some pretty over the top animation

Budget doesn't really affect animation as much as people think. The animators skill and healthy schedule and environment are often more important.

Gudetamago posted:

My complaint is directed at the art style, not the animation. Ofc, that is subjective though.

Well, I know you won't like, what you don't like, but this should shed some light how much that art style was important for animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBH3IYRjaw

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

The Canipa Effect is so good for taking down misbeliefs in the community.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, I know you won't like, what you don't like, but this should shed some light how much that art style was important for animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBH3IYRjaw

I do know that simpler art style is what helps boost the animation quality of Pokemon SM. Doesn't make me think otherwise about the SM art style though. Never said it looks low-budget or lazy, it's just unappealing to me. That's why I said my complaint is subjective.

Though gotta admit that the reason why I don't like SM style is because I'm not that keen on design changes much as pointed out in the vid, especially with something like Pokemon, which I'd been following since forever. Had problems when they changed Ash's eyes back in BW & wasn't very fond of the slight hair change in XY either (but those were minor changes so I didn't react as strongly as with SM)

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 5:19PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh baby! This felt like some genuine Build Fighters shit! I really missed this...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So the KanColle movie finally came out on video (and subsequently got subbed). It's... fairly okay? Better than the TV anime, at least. There's one particular plot thread that's both pretty well handled and pretty gay

So, next season:

Anime Gataris: This is a weird one; an anime about an anime club, and the world is ending? Heavily female cast, so there's a good chance of some yuri, though there is an obvious candidate for a male romantic interest

Blend S: Requisite Kirara adaptation. Which is set at a fetish cafe and major male cast members. There description make them sound like peanut gallery, but the PVs show them in larger roles than that. Also, the PVs look awful

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: One of those cute girls + post-apoc things that seem to be popular these days (maybe people are trying to ease concerns about what's coming up?). What I've read of the manga wasn't really yuri-ish, but it should at least be shippable

Houseki no Kuni: Gem girls! Or humanoids made of minerals that look and sound feminine, really. Technically don't have genders. There's some stuff that looks like yuri, though. Also, the manga is fantastic and the anime PVs have been great

Konohana Kitan: This is a sequel to a series that's on the site. I hear this part is lighter on the yuri, but still has some?

Love Live! Sunshine!!: It's the sequel to the best yuri anime I've seen, so...

Two Car: Sports anime focusing on pairs of girls. Heavy subtext is all but guaranteed

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru: Everyone's favorite Madoka-like is getting a sequel! Though the first half is going to be a TV airing of the prequel OVAs

Part 5 when?

Probably eventually? It's possible that the production committee has decided that the anime isn't worthwhile anymore, but I doubt it. Most likely just taking some time to get the staff together

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It was pretty inferred episodes ago. Latest episode just explains the circumstances.

@Rain Spectre
Myeah, latest episode, you say. (at the time) But let's just put it out there anyway? Spoiler tagging isn't a hassle at all, you know. It'd be nice to just be a little more considerate of other viewers... :/

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 11:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.