Forum › Yotsuhara Furiko discussion

joined Mar 6, 2013

The stories and the art is so beautiful. These stories have become essential readings, with a requirement for re-reading from time to time so I can bathe in the good vibes.

Looking forward to more stories!

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

The stories and the art is so beautiful.
Looking forward to more stories!

I second all d'is - I love this author's work. ^^

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 11:47PM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Well I learned some interesting (terrible) things talking to Yotsuhara, so I'll mention them here.

Basically, she's unemployed. Her last serialization ended in August, and she hasn't been able to find work. She wants to write yuri, but nobody's publishing it right now. She was advised that her best chance to get picked up was by drawing attractive male characters to appeal to female readers, so that's what she's been working on.

In happier news, her father just published his first book, a collection of essays titled Pedometer in Hand, under his real name, Furihata Toshikazu. The book features a cover illustration by Yotsuhara and can be purchased here.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Jeez, what a downer. Both that she's unemployed and that she literally can't find anybody who wants to publish a yuri story.

joined Aug 10, 2015

There is a lot of awfully boring / generic / stupid story on the market and a good author is unemployed.. -.- (i'm talking about the yuri market but well, that's also true for most genre)

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Well there is always patreon or tumblr...

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Omg that's awfull uhhhh and her yuri's some of the best out there ;_;

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Ouch, so sorry to hear. In case she uses PayPal, I'd make a donation, seeing how much enjoyment I got out of reading her works here.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

Is she still struggling? I really love her work!

joined Jul 11, 2015

does she have a pixiv tho? :(

Seisa_6853icon
joined Dec 16, 2015

Ouch, so sorry to hear. In case she uses PayPal, I'd make a donation, seeing how much enjoyment I got out of reading her works here.

Count me in, "One Who Depicts Love" is one of my favourite stories here. Might still buy one of her newer manga, but I'd prefer what I'd pay for shipping to go to her instead. Wish the kindle versions were available here so I could get them all!

joined Jun 24, 2018

I love her stories T__T wish that jp authors would use patreon or something so we can support her directly! maybe someone could suggest that to her?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

There is a lot of awfully boring / generic / stupid story on the market and a good author is unemployed.. -.- (i'm talking about the yuri market but well, that's also true for most genre)

there is a reason why stuff can be considered generic in the first place, it's because it sells

also, any update on the author? I just hope she's doing okay with a stable job

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

also, any update on the author? I just hope she's doing okay with a stable job

She’s still active, it’s just been a while since she’s done yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.