Forum › Getting Used to Being Friends discussion

I274kwh
joined Sep 14, 2013

I like this. This is reality.
I'm in the same position right now. This is not drama, we need a tag for bittersweet.
nods
bittersweet

and the long haired girl aint a bitch, some girls really attach to you without any romantic feeling. curses the world

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

well... duh :/
I don't know how could she hold her tears after that

37124962_p8
joined Mar 13, 2014

I actually kind of enjoyed this manga to be honest. It showed how heartbreak among closet lesbians can occur when you really like someone.
The 'comedy' portion did make me giggle a bit (even though it was short lived and it was in the beginning for those who didn't catch it).

But I think calling the mangaka a homophobe was a bit out of hand. She's just trying to write something that was people were able to relate to. Not all stories can be sunshine and rainbows. It's just reality.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Why can't I put this author into my Blacklist together w/ Dowman Sayman!

But, then you'd miss out on things like http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cat_gravity#1

Nope. I won't read any from that author. I've been fooled for countless times.

I wont try to trick you, I dislike Sayman more than I like him, but Cat Gravity was hilariously cute.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Why can't I put this author into my Blacklist together w/ Dowman Sayman!

But, then you'd miss out on things like http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cat_gravity#1

Nope. I won't read any from that author. I've been fooled for countless times.

I wont try to trick you, I dislike Sayman more than I like him, but Cat Gravity was hilariously cute.

CUTE??? <- Failed to find it cute in any aspect

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
rage-quits life

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

The cover and the tags are a lie... sob ... a lie... sob (True, the title give a BIG hint, but well... and I see that now have a drama tag... ).
Anyways, that ending was a slap in the face. And in the feelings. Right in the feelings.
I'm depressed now. I need to find some cute yuri to cheer me up.

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

Mangas by this author are depressing. No matter how many times I read it, I cry. My chest hurts. Whyyyy.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

more like Fujiwara Eyyyyyyyy ;A;

joined Oct 14, 2013

my heart is breaking

joined Apr 29, 2013

Oh shit that plot twist at the end. Someone just got friendzoned.

last edited at Mar 13, 2014 3:42PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

It hurts... I don't even... Ouch.

I read the title, thinking I was manly enough to control myself. I now realize that I am not. T_T

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I didn't really think about the title or read the comments, so I was blindsided by the ending. orz

joined Nov 23, 2013

This one need an extra page with the blond girl saying "alright, but I invite you as my bride", then true happy ending. ><

I love this idea.... XD

76925bc27b36af156d0671bdda0b25dc65afa68f
joined Sep 5, 2011

Whoop.

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

This one need an extra page with the blond girl saying "alright, but I invite you as my bride", then true happy ending. ><

I love this idea.... XD

Here is just something I am coming up with on the spot.

"....Yeah," I answered. I could feel the pressure begin to well up behind my eyes, but still Chinatsu just kept grinning. It's like she didn't even see my pain. It was all too much, and soon warm tears ran down my face. Of course, that got her attention.

"What's wrong?" she asked in that tone that had just the perfect amount of affection and energy.

I opened my mouth to speak my mind, but only air came out. I tried again, but only achieved the same results. Instead, I choose a lie. "I'm alright..."

"No you're not! You're crying!" She said, pointing out the obvious.

A few deep breaths and two wet sleeves later, I managed to control the tears, but still she would not let it go.

"Why were you crying?"

"No reason..." I shook it off. Just how could I tell her I wanted her to be my bride? My closest friend. No, my best friend. My crush. I could feel the pressure again, and I fought to keep it in control.

"I just wish I could meet the right guy already," and the tears spilled out again. "Eh? Something is obviously wrong!"

'Of course there is!' I thought to myself. The girl of my dreams is talking about wanting someone else besides me! Why wouldn't I be sad?

"Is it a guy?" I shook my head. "Than who is it?"

'You!' I screamed in my head, but only a whimper actually came out.

"Who?" she repeated.

It took every ounce of my strength not to yell her name, instead I shook my head.

"Tell me!" she begged and I felt myself lose control.

"You..." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I want to marry you!" I shouted.

Her eyes were wide with shock as she stared at me in disbelief. I could see that she wanted to pass it off as a joke, but I wouldn't let her.

"I want you to be my bride..." I'd lost most of the courage, but somehow I managed to keep talking. "I love you... I am so very in love with you. I want to kiss you, hold you, and... love you..."

I couldn't look up. I knew what expression she'd be wearing disgust, horror, fear, or maybe all of the above; I was surprised when I did look up to find her looking down at me, not with disgust or horror, with interest in her eyes.

"Want to give it a try?" she said pointing to her lips.

I knew I was probably going to get hurt, but such thoughts were in the back of my mind. After all, she could like it too...

(Sorry if you don't like it. I just felt like writing, and I've got a case of writers block for my story. So I decided to do this.)

last edited at Mar 14, 2014 6:10AM

joined Aug 1, 2013

oooucch right in the feelings, but i like it i think it was a good + bad end

Kokoko
joined Mar 14, 2014

Wut!? That's an instakill! What a troll... This is seriously worse than cliffhanger!

joined Mar 14, 2014

I get the feeling that she already knew what her friend ment about the "marriage" and for a brief moment she got her hopes up, but she knew it was never ment to be :(

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This always happens to a lesbo who loves a straight girl. I don't know, but the ending, hurt yet realistic. Hope the short hair will find her true love in the future.

The ending may have been realistic, but the rest of the manga wasn't at all
The way that girls spends the entire chapter like "LET'S GET MARRIED I HAVE THIS SHOTGUN HERE" just to "hey best of luck with your marriage" at the ending was forceful way to induce angst
Although it seems to have worked, but it could be a little more subtle

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I love this idea.... XD

Here is just something I am coming up with on the spot.

"....Yeah," I answered. I could feel the pressure begin to well up behind my eyes, but still Chinatsu just kept grinning. It's like she didn't even see my pain. It was all too much, and soon warm tears ran down my face. Of course, that got her attention.

"What's wrong?" she asked in that tone that had just the perfect amount of affection and energy.

I opened my mouth to speak my mind, but only air came out. I tried again, but only achieved the same results. Instead, I choose a lie. "I'm alright..."

"No you're not! You're crying!" She said, pointing out the obvious.

A few deep breaths and two wet sleeves later, I managed to control the tears, but still she would not let it go.

"Why were you crying?"

"No reason..." I shook it off. Just how could I tell her I wanted her to be my bride? My closest friend. No, my best friend. My crush. I could feel the pressure again, and I fought to keep it in control.

"I just wish I could meet the right guy already," and the tears spilled out again. "Eh? Something is obviously wrong!"

'Of course there is!' I thought to myself. The girl of my dreams is talking about wanting someone else besides me! Why wouldn't I be sad?

"Is it a guy?" I shook my head. "Than who is it?"

'You!' I screamed in my head, but only a whimper actually came out.

"Who?" she repeated.

It took every ounce of my strength not to yell her name, instead I shook my head.

"Tell me!" she begged and I felt myself lose control.

"You..." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I want to marry you!" I shouted.

Her eyes were wide with shock as she stared at me in disbelief. I could see that she wanted to pass it off as a joke, but I wouldn't let her.

"I want you to be my bride..." I'd lost most of the courage, but somehow I managed to keep talking. "I love you... I am so very in love with you. I want to kiss you, hold you, and... love you..."

I couldn't look up. I knew what expression she'd be wearing disgust, horror, fear, or maybe all of the above; I was surprised when I did look up to find her looking down at me, not with disgust or horror, with interest in her eyes.

"Want to give it a try?" she said pointing to her lips.

I knew I was probably going to get hurt, but such thoughts were in the back of my mind. After all, she could like it too...

(Sorry if you don't like it. I just felt like writing, and I've got a case of writers block for my story. So I decided to do this.)

F. U. C. K. I. N. G. G. R. E. A. T.

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Harsh. Imagine being in that situation, playing along because its the closest you can get to what you really want and the hearing something like that. If it were me my heart might just freeze over and shatter.

Silly to call the mangaka a homophobe though.

This. And this. With a bit more of this.

I think the fact the girl in love goes along with the game despite knowing it's not going anywhere is the story's main appeal - and the friend wasn't meant to be malicious or uncaring, just a bit naive. Which kinda makes it sadder... : (

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

F. U. C. K. I. N. G. G. R. E. A. T.

I'm glad you like it! I wrote it at 3 am so I was unsure of how well it was written. I was also bored and did one based of someone's comment about Dowman on Cat Gravity. I do have to say that one is much more.... disturbing. (They called Dowman a cute psychopathic cannibal that wore a cat mask. I wrote my mental image of that.) Plus it is good practice for me to do this!

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

not funny. not fucking funny. just look at that troll face beneath the title on the front page. not fucking funny at all.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

What. The. Flying. Fucks.

What the hell was this.
Ugh. My heart.

To reply you must either login or sign up.