Forum › How come this website is free? (conspiracy)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A5PECT posted:

I didn't count any of the scanlators. It seems like they're given administrative privileges to manage all of their uploads, but don't work for the site in the same way the staff does.

When I say it's one of the Lililicious staff I don't mean that they're an uploader. (If you counted uploaders there's at least a dozen or so who immediately come to mind for me.) They're someone marked as a moderator on the site just like Nezchan and they just happen to incidentally be a member of Lililicious as well.

Okami was "hired" at the same time I was, but with different duties.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Et tu, Georgium?

Oh, right... sorry... khm, Pekoe also uploads.

:(

No sadface! Hope you're well, your image requests set us back days ;)

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I mean there's no ads what so ever. How do this website pays itself? From the scanlations? From a donor? Or is it from selling our informations?

If my informations is really being sells, I would expect to see a lot more cute gay smutty action-y teacher/student age gap incest action stories in my ads... hmm, that wouldn't be so bad, actually, definitely a marked improvement over all the other dumb ads out there. You can sell my info anytime, Dynasty.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

No sadface! Hope you're well, your image requests set us back days ;)

:3 Quite well, thank you! Hope you are well yourself. And I make no apologies! Rosehip best girl, needs more love!

Lol, re-watched GuP in the last weeks, so a sort of frenzy gripped me. Still have a metric ton of the stuff bookmarked, but I figured the reviewing staff will have their hands full as it is ;)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I remember someone once asked about it and we basically got lucky and got server for free or something? I really don't remember it well.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

dynasty-scans is hosted in France.at OVH.

OVH leases dedicated servers with unlimited bandwidth (just capped in speed at 200Mb/s I think?) for about €70 flat per month, no questions asked about the content. Lots of CPU, lots of RAM, lots of disk space (in the TBs).

If a few persons pool their money, it's really cheap. No need for ads.

In France, hosting costs are rock bottom.

As for the site admin, a few persons with some knowledge and some time can manage without too much trouble.

last edited at Jul 23, 2017 1:44PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Guys you know what else France has? Aside from cheap hosting? Something they're famous for?

Bread...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minutoh posted:

I mean there's no ads what so ever. How do this website pays itself? From the scanlations? From a donor? Or is it from selling our informations?

If my informations is really being sells, I would expect to see a lot more cute gay smutty action-y teacher/student age gap incest action stories in my ads... hmm, that wouldn't be so bad, actually, definitely a marked improvement over all the other dumb ads out there. You can sell my info anytime, Dynasty.

I see, so every time an user request to have their account deleted (which I always found pointless and stupid) they actually lose money!

RoyceAxle posted:

Guys you know what else France has? Aside from cheap hosting? Something they're famous for?

Bread...

And villainous mustaches

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 7:16PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Bread...

And villainous mustaches

Not to mention Wine & Romance ♥ ♥

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 10:31PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

Always thought this site earned a dollar for each transgender related conflict and Ulq / Rohan ban, hence its wealth.

Are Ulquiorra and Rohan the same person?

Yes, he made new account after his first one was banned making his ban kinda pointless. And he wasn't even trying to hid the fact he made new account.

The best kind of ban evasion: When the person in question lets you know they need to be banned again.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Minutoh posted:

I see, so every time an user request to have their account deleted (which I always found pointless and stupid) they actually lose money!

RoyceAxle posted:

Bread...

And villainous mustaches

And mimes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.