Forum › Any good yuri on Crunchyroll?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Sitting here in the back of my truck scrolling through the anime on Crunchyroll. Is any of this yuri? Is any of it good yuri?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

You can just google 'any goood yuri anime' followed by 'dynasty-scans.com'.

There you will get all the good anime recommended by users on this site.

Later search them on Crunchyroll.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

on crunchyroll there is Sakura Trick, Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana), and Kanamemo. thats pretty much it.

YuruYuri as well if you want to count that.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Depends how much yuri you are looking for. If subtext is just fine then list is endless, but if you want confirmed couples (At least a confession) then I can give a few.

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san, Sakura Trick, Aoi Hana, Flip Flappers, Ange Vierge, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, and Kanamemo can all be found on Crunchyroll. Amanchu has an ambiguous confession, Shuumatsu no Izetta has an even more ambiguous confession.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Depends how much yuri you are looking for. If subtext is just fine then list is endless, but if you want confirmed couples (At least a confession) then I can give a few.

QFT. Also,

3 posts, still no mention of Maid Dragon. This is an injustice that cannot stand.

joined Oct 4, 2016

I gather that Yuru Yuri is Cute Girls Doing Cute Things?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There should also be a few Funi-licensed shows up on Crunchyroll, such as Yuri Kuma Arashi.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Vankomycin
It is. While certainly present, the yuri is mostly played for cuteness, and isn't very direct. Still, a very fun and enjoyable anime, I think.

My personal thoughts of the ones mentioned by Cannibal and others above...

Sakura Trick is a great watch, if you don't mind super cutesy stuff.
Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san is short, but hilarious and yuritastic.
Kanamemo has a lesbian couple, but their relationship isn't really in focus (although they do flirt a lot).
The Aoi Hana anime is alright, although it feels like an incomplete story (which it is). I personally wouldn't recommend the manga.

The others, I haven't seen, or seen fully.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Look here
https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/26/Shoujo_Ai
And you will very soon realise that there's no good yuri in anime at all. With Adolescence of Utena probably being the only exception, but you can't appreciate it without watching the series, which is mostly subtext.
Point is, there's hardly much of a difference with manga too. It's not as bad, but oh well... not like it's much different in other media either.
So yeah, make your own one instead! That would be my advice.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sakura Trick is a great watch, if you don't mind super cutesy stuff.
Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san is short, but hilarious and yuritastic.
Kanamemo has a lesbian couple, but their relationship isn't really in focus (although they do flirt a lot).

tbh, these are the only worth watching, they are not particularly great, but... passable.

tho Kanamemo is a fairly average 4koma manga, the anime is borderline mediocre. The only good thing about it: Yume and Yuuki get a lot of screentime for kissing and flirting, some anime-only moments that don't happen in the manga...

also heres the list we compiled a while ago. not up-to-date with the recent anime seasons.
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6799-ultimate-yuri-anime-list

with a small description on the yuri element.

EDIT: list was not updated with posted animes in the comments from somewhere around page 4 http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6799-ultimate-yuri-anime-list?page=4

last edited at Feb 27, 2017 7:24PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Thanks for the recommendations! I've watched Sakura Trick and Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san already. Sakura Trick was yuri enough for me, and I liked it. I also liked Inu/Neko, but they need to seal the deal already.

I notice there are a couple of titles under the "Ecchi" and the "Seinen/Mature" categories that, at least from the title, sound promising. One was "Girls School". Which, y'know... Might take the plunge on that one later after I finish watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

last edited at Feb 27, 2017 7:23PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Vankomycin
If it's the one I know by the name of Joshikousei, it's an enjoyable watch, but doesn't have much yuri, though I recall there was some subtext.

joined Oct 4, 2016

@Ropponmatsu
Apparently it's this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Girls

Doesn't look like it's yuri at all.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Vankomycin
Yeah, that's the one. I recall liking it, but yeah, it's not very yuri-ish. Interestingly, however, the manga is listed in the Girls' Love section of Ebook Japan (along with Kodomo no Jikan, but let's not talk about that...).

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 9:40PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I gather that Yuru Yuri is Cute Girls Doing Cute Things?

Lesbian girls doing cute things. The focus is in the comedy mostly but there are canon lesbians.
And it's really cute and funny.

And if you like heavy heavy HEAVY subtext, in Crunchy you can watch Saki, along with the spinoff Saki Achiga Hen.
Lesbian powered super Mahjong! (I really mean it, in Achiga two of the teams has their top players powered by their relationships!).

Non Non Biyori is a really lovely cute and soothing series. And you have a lesbian here too, sadly one sided, at least for now. Komari is just too... too... Komari to realize that Hotaru has feelings for her.
But still they have lots of moments together, even dates.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Crunchyroll will add older series and you will only find them when searching alphabetically.
I have to agree about Miss Kobayashi's dragon maid. The anime has a more overt yuri bent than the manga which seems to be having a slower build up.
I, personally, like the funny, ecchi and even one-sided yuri. I wear my yuri goggles with everything. A lot of people will disdain anime on this list and some you will have to watch a few episodes before you get to anything yurish.
Air Master - if you can get past an EXTREMELY irritating character. The is a one-sided love here and funny.
Bodacious Space Pirates - you'll wonder where the yuri is but there is a side couple who declare their love for each other.
Gakuen Alice
The Nyarko-san series - it's male harem but I love Cuuko who is determined to make Nyarko-san hers. Even though she turns bisexual along the way. I find her hilarious.
R.O.D. - ambiguous yuri, I thought, but it's on some lists and is a good anime to watch on its own merits.
Riddle Story of the Devil -- I haven't watched it but there was a side couple in the manga.

My guilty pleasures, both over the top ecchi in the worst way.
Koihime Musou series- only the general SouSou. Flat out lesbian but only in a few episodes.
Battle Girls- Time Paradox - Flat out bad and a made little sense storyline. One character is secretly in love with another.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Been a long time since I read Gakuen Alice, got really burnt out toward the end. What was the yuri pair?

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

There is/was also something about women pushing each other into a pool with their butts? I think that one was last season, though, so I didn't watch it (too busy to watch stuff).

joined Jan 11, 2015

@tmtvl
Keijo didn't have all that much yuri (though one character is 100% gay), but it's worth a watch for the sheer absurdity of it all. It's been long since an anime made me laugh as much as Keijo did... x)

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Ah, reading about Sengoku Otome remind me of Sengoku Collection (Parallel World Samurai).

Surprisingly I loved that series.
The first episodes weren't very interesting. But then the stories started to get better and better. And gayer and gayer!

Is about the Sengoku generals from another universe (where they are all female!) being transported to the real world after a catastrophic event. Oda, the protagonist, must get all the ... whatever they are called fragments inside the other generals hearts to return to her world.
But, in fact the series is about the stories of the girls and how they adapt to the real world. There are funny stories, cute stories, heartwarming stories, heartbreaking stories, and lots of the stories are really really gay.

While there a few of weak episodes, is worth a watch. Some of the episodes are fantastic. Just don't be fooled by the first ones.
I loved particularly the one with the daughter of a diplomat being blackmailed by yakuzas, who hire a gambler to help her.
Ends with both running away together... was awesome!
And the ones with Masamune and Kojuro are amazing too.
First Masamune becomes a wanted criminal while searching for Kojuro.
And then Kojuro joins the local police to find and apprehend Masamune!

I really recommend this one, even with it's faults is a great and very very underrated series.

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 8:26AM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Did a thorough browse of Crunchyroll's anime offerings yesterday. They have several Yaoi series on there (or so I inferred from the descriptions), but almost no Yuri.

Hardly seems fair, really.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 3:01PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Vankomycin posted:

Did a thorough browse of Crunchyroll's anime offerings yesterday. They have several Yaoi series on there (or so I inferred from the descriptions), but almost no Yuri.

Hardly seems fair, really.

There is almost no yuri anime to begin with and yaoi was always more popular and had much more adaptations in it's prime.

joined Oct 4, 2016

There is almost no yuri anime to begin with and yaoi was always more popular and had much more adaptations in it's prime.

Clearly they neither understand nor appreciate our needs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.