Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

I think I'm starting to get a better understanding of what's Touko's goal is. Besides all that, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie/anime adaptation to this.
I think it has potential (I pray to god for a non-fanservice one)

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

So 4s translated the latest interview with Nakatani & her editor: https://pastebin.com/mv1p5Dja

Some interesting bits~

I like how she specifically mentioned Midori and Yayaka, both because it's cool that she likes Flip Flappers and because it makes it very clear what kind of character is centered in that book.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I don't think it's necessary for Sayaka to say explicitly that she's gay since it's pretty obvious she is and has accepted that fact after she fell for Touko, like she explained to coffee lady. I do agree that sexuality is not the focus of the manga, but saying readers can identify the characters the way they want is a bit wrong because someone could say they see Yuu as asexual and that's obviously not the case. Thing is labels aren't very important here though.

I guess my comment wasn't very clear lol I never claim that Sayaka isn't a lesbian. Was just saying that the manga doesn't bother identifying her sexuality since it's not the focus of the story. & when I say readers can identify the characters however they want, I mean that there's nothing to stop them from identifying the characters. We're free to call Sayaka a lesbian, Maki an asexual, etc. but the manga isn't going to confirm any of those labels since that's not its focus. Seriously, unless we get a sex scene between Yuu & Touko, there will still be people out there claiming Yuu's asexual.

As a married asexual, I would like to point out that having sex has nothing to do with asexuality. Asexuality just means that you do not experience sexual attraction. Asexuals may still have sex (non-asexuals have sex with people they're not sexually attracted to all the time) it just means that they're usually doing it for other reasons.

Some asexuals are sex averse and do not like to have sex at all. Others think it might be fun now and then. The only difference is that all asexuals do not experience sexual attraction.

I'm not saying that Yuu is or isn't, I would just like to clarify this. I would actually say she had more aromantic leanings until recent chapters, but I wouldn't go up to anyone shouting that she's this or that - because it's not canon. I prefer just to experience the story as it is, appreciating all the development as it goes along.

I'm looking forward to more chapters.

With the way Yuu responds to Touko in the various kissing scenes, especially the ones in chapter 16, I'd say there is less and less evidence of Yuu being asexual. Even early on, see seems to demonstrate some sexual attraction, commenting on how pretty Touko is, her long lashes, etc... As early as chapter 6, she says "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't... curious at all. I never claimed to hate it or anything."

What I view Yuu as is demi-romantic. (Someone very close to me happens to be polysexual, polyamourous, and demi-romantic. I need to get her to read this and get her take. I'd bet she'd agree with my assessment. When I read it, I see a lot of her in the character...) Basically, she needs to form an attachment to the person before romantic feelings form. That was done extremely well by Nakatani-sensei!

Chapter 23: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!!!! I am impressed with the way Yuu and [her friend whose name I can't remember] are modifying the ending of the play. I can't imagine that it won't be massively triggering for Touko though, so Yuu had best be prepared to either pick up the pieces or deal with the fall out of the girl she's in love with falling apart before her and possibly refusing her help, because I can't imagine she's not smart enough to figure out why Yuu is doing this!

Hopefully the date will go well and Yuu will be able to resist showing Touko that she's fallen in love for just a little while longer?

From the interview:

Nakatani: The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin.

I LOVE THIS QUOTE! I think I'm going to use it as a signature line!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Anyone else think the "where can I go?" while standing next to empty train tracks is symbolic?

There's also the "I smell incense" then looking into the faraway distance/blue sky. They both look like the kind of scene where someone is contemplating death. Tho I'm not sure whether these are foreshadowing or a reminder that Touko would be very prone to suicide if Yuu was not there for her in these situations.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Oh good, this chapter didn't segue into the Final Destination films

Yeah. I was worried about that too. That last scene at the train station had me particularly on edge.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So 4s translated the latest interview with Nakatani & her editor: https://pastebin.com/mv1p5Dja

Boy I'm glad I learned of Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shitemo. <3

joined Apr 7, 2016

Anyone else think the "where can I go?" while standing next to empty train tracks is symbolic?

I didn't even realize that! Yeah, it is! Nakatani has a great way of using visuals to symbolize something or to enhance a scene's mood. She's really talented with that!

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

There's also the "I smell incense" then looking into the faraway distance/blue sky. They both look like the kind of scene where someone is contemplating death. Tho I'm not sure whether these are foreshadowing or a reminder that Touko would be very prone to suicide if Yuu was not there for her in these situations.

I took it as a throw back to her sisters grave that they were burning incense at. A kind of representing of her sisters presence being there with Touko. Not in a literal or supernatural thing but at least in Touko's mind. The train tracks I didn't put to much into past she is near school in Yuu's neighborhood where she has take the train back to her home from.

I hope the date isn't going be a setup for a fall out with them or maybe even them being seen by someone like say Sayaka or even the manager. Actually thinking about it I might almost want the manager to see them. It could be a way to lay the groundwork to do something about the Sayaka issue without a big blow up happening.

Man if this went a suicide route I think there be riots of angry yuri fans...

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 12:47PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

How this entire chapter is set up makes me think that it most likely won't go down that route. The sequence after Touko left Sayaka involves Touko contemplating her life after the play & maybe even her life before in the past since the imagery involving the smell of incense first appears in chap 10 in the flashback of when Touko first decides to live her life as her sister. Maybe she was questioning her life more so than suicidal thoughts there & that explains why she was shaking her head & trying to snap herself out of it in the next panel. Then ofc, you get to her standing by the track, asking what will become of her life after the play. I think that page is a great depiction of possible suicial thoughts without spelling it out to us. However, the hopefulness of the last 3 pages is probably why I think this series is not heading down the suicide route, since Touko actually decided to rely on Yuu for emotional support, even if she was a bit hesitant at first. Yuu initiating brought genuine comfort and happiness to Touko, breaking away her dark thoughts and bringing a smile to her face. So yeah, if this chapter foreshadows anything about the ending of this series, it's not gonna be a depressing one.

joined Apr 27, 2017

Does anyone else feel like the recent chapters are a little underwhelming? The story, to me, doesn't have nearly as much impact as it did in the opening chapters.

When this series started, I thought it was pretty similar to the way how each character was a metaphor for an attitude/philosophy toward life in Norweigian Wood (Haruki Murakami novel). But now Touko's character is starting to feel a little bit empty, like she's centered around the obsession with her sister and not much more than that.

I know that's how the author intended it to be, but I feel like Touko should have a bit more depth in her character. We never even see her display any real personality, all traces of her genuine emotions seem to be exclusive to Yuu, and it's kinda of hard to imagine her being free of her sister's shadow when her own personality has been eluding the world for so long. But again, teenagers are highly malleable so maybe that's the direction the series will take.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wait she messaged her now out after all the tike spent together?

O.o

Wow, this got even more slow pacing that I realized.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

O.o

Are you asking if this is the first time they ever texted each other? Then no, you can see the history of their convo.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Seems to be heading toward a Class S ending.....

You'll need to elaborate on why you think that to convince me... I don't see any signs of either Yuu or Touko having the "it's just a phase" mentality. It's been very clear the past few chapters that Yuu has fallen in love with Touko. If they don't end up together, it won't be a "Class S" rationalization, but because Touko can't handle someone loving her for who she is. Somehow I don't see that as where the story is headed. I see the story heading toward Yuu helping Touko to stop trying to be someone else and allow herself to love and be loved normally.

Does anyone else feel like the recent chapters are a little underwhelming? The story, to me, doesn't have nearly as much impact as it did in the opening chapters.

When this series started, I thought it was pretty similar to the way how each character was a metaphor for an attitude/philosophy toward life in Norweigian Wood (Haruki Murakami novel). But now Touko's character is starting to feel a little bit empty, like she's centered around the obsession with her sister and not much more than that.

I know that's how the author intended it to be, but I feel like Touko should have a bit more depth in her character. We never even see her display any real personality, all traces of her genuine emotions seem to be exclusive to Yuu, and it's kinda of hard to imagine her being free of her sister's shadow when her own personality has been eluding the world for so long. But again, teenagers are highly malleable so maybe that's the direction the series will take.

That's kind of the point of the character at this point, though. If you read the interview with Nakatani-sensei, you'll see that she intended people to have a different opinion of Touko at the beginning than they do now.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 4:36PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

O.o

Are you asking if this is the first time they ever texted each other? Then no, you can see the history of their convo.

No i meant ask her to hang out.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

It's the first time Yuu is taking iniciative so yes. Since they started school this is their first vacation I think, so Yuu misses her and wants to see her, during school period she didn't have that need because they saw each other daily and walked home together. It was shown in chapter 19 that Yuu wanted to ask her to hang out but hesitated due to both of them trying to distance from each other, but this time she decided to take the risk.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 7:18PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

O.o

Ah ok, thanks for clearing it up. They're technically not dating & Yuu was pretty stubborn about it so yeah. This page sums it up pretty well.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

"Where do I go after this?" Indeed, where to go? So many possibilities. That shot by the train tracks gave me chills and that ending was sweet. I love yuri but honestly it almost takes a backseat to the plot in this. I'm very invested in seeing how the play turns out. I might have an idea.

Would love for this to be animated someday, never before has a yuri manga been this philosophical and takes plot devices and just expands on them with their own twist. At least not any I've seen before until now.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the plot in this is a very good kind of yuri :) Yuu really does love Touko for who she is and so does Sayaka. The only person not getting that she's okay as she is is Touko. Yuu is just very unromantic - she doesn't want romantic BS to get in the way of giving Touko what she truly needs.

joined Apr 6, 2017

How this entire chapter is set up makes me think that it most likely won't go down that route. The sequence after Touko left Sayaka involves Touko contemplating her life after the play & maybe even her life before in the past since the imagery involving the smell of incense first appears in chap 10 in the flashback of when Touko first decides to live her life as her sister. Maybe she was questioning her life more so than suicidal thoughts there & that explains why she was shaking her head & trying to snap herself out of it in the next panel. Then ofc, you get to her standing by the track, asking what will become of her life after the play. I think that page is a great depiction of possible suicial thoughts without spelling it out to us. However, the hopefulness of the last 3 pages is probably why I think this series is not heading down the suicide route, since Touko actually decided to rely on Yuu for emotional support, even if she was a bit hesitant at first. Yuu initiating brought genuine comfort and happiness to Touko, breaking away her dark thoughts and bringing a smile to her face. So yeah, if this chapter foreshadows anything about the ending of this series, it's not gonna be a depressing one.

One thing this chapter has certainly made clear is just how completely out of the running Sayaka is for Touko. Touko gets upset with Sayaka and you might even be able argue that Sayaka made it worst. Then the first thing Touko does after parting with Sayaka is think of Yuu and wanting to go to her.

joined Apr 6, 2017

I think the plot in this is a very good kind of yuri :) Yuu really does love Touko for who she is and so does Sayaka. The only person not getting that she's okay as she is is Touko. Yuu is just very unromantic - she doesn't want romantic BS to get in the way of giving Touko what she truly needs.

I think it has been argued before that Sayaka does not actually love Touko or certainly least not the real Touko who she doesn't really even know. Certainly not in any of the ways or to the level Yuu knows her and loves her.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I think it's getting better though, since the problem of Touko's emptiness is getting addressed. Touko's emptiness & relationship problems are among the main conflicts in this series right now. From here on out, the story is about helping her finding herself so she can overcome self-loathing and come to open up to people and have actual meaningful relationships (not just with Yuu).

IMO, this story is more of a coming-of-age dealing with romance and relationships than a story about life at large though. Each character has some complicated emotional problem/process and the story just explores how they interact and grow, showing the healthy and unhealthy sides of everything.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

TL is out: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cucc1to70r1w0q6/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_23.zip

Just gonna comment on the last scene with the texting. There's something incredibly sweet about how genuinely happy Touko is after receiving Yuu's text first. We all had a discussion on whether Touko truly loves Yuu and I think we can see it here that there is some genuineness in her feelings. Touko's hesitation to text Yuu for comfort reflects that there's still a gap in the trust department due to her insecurity & vulnerability (whether she can rely on Yuu w/o her coming to hate her). Yuu texting first actually reassures Touko & gives her the confidence needed to send her own text. From this, I think maybe Yuu starting to initiate more in showing her love & care (in little acts like hand holding or sthg, not stuffs like kissing or confessing) will be key to fill up the little trust gap in Touko & help her slowly becoming more accepting of her feelings.

small error

ch 23, pg 18, "The part of your sister you that you knew"

should be "The part of your sister that you knew"

error has been fixed http://www.mediafire.com/file/cucc1to70r1w0q6/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_23.zip

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

O.o

Ah ok, thanks for clearing it up. They're technically not dating & Yuu was pretty stubborn about it so yeah. This page sums it up pretty well.

Hanging out together =/= dating :/

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Hanging out together =/= dating :/

If it's just normal hanging out, they've done that in ch 18. If you're asking why Yuu had never been the one to ask first, that's cuz she was insistent that their relationship was nothing more than senpai-kouhai, not close friends, not lovers, so there was no reason to hang out. Also, it ties into her chara trait in how she tends to just go along w/ others' plan, rather than doing anything out of her own volition.

last edited at Jun 30, 2017 12:14AM

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Go Yuu! Take the initiative!

To reply you must either login or sign up.