Poor Akina -snicker-

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Akina losing her mind to otakuness xD
I am so loving this!

PREPURE CYCLONE SHOOOOOT!

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Akina is so far gone, it's funny! I love this.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow that was a good chapter - I love this manga :)

I remember someone saying this mangaka didn't do yuri- (I looked and there was 1 or 2 but was almost true) - either way Akina seems so blatantly to have a crush that this manga either has to go there, or end before she reaches that point.

It would be impossible to make it be just about being friends and making her friends none otaku any more with any shred of believability given what we've seen.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I just started reading this manga, and i love the premise: "Just how far will you go after falling in love at first sight?"

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I lost it when she started getting confused from reality and fiction. And lol, for that Prepure Cyclone Shoot! Made me laugh~

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Nice~ nice~ that was kewl of her~ xD

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Lots of good spiral-eyes this chapter.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I can't help but laugh almost the entire time xD

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Looks like the cat's out of the bag. ^^

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Akina just needs to confess already....and.....busted!

last edited at Feb 22, 2014 4:53PM

Photo
joined Jan 11, 2014

The water park chapter was adorable - I think my single favourite moment was when Akina gets so excited she yells 'GO FOR IT' to Pure Green and gets a 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!' I think what I need now, for the story not to start feeling stagnant/repetitious, is for Akina to really put it into words for herself and face the truth: this is a whole big lesbian love thing and she needs to get comfortable with that and work up the guts to tell Kaede how she feels. She's having a heck of a year in terms of coming out as stuff, isn't she? Which will be more nerve-racking, telling people 'I'm an otaku' or telling them 'I'm gay'?
Of course, if she has a group of friends (AND I HOPE A GIRLFRIEND) who understand and accept her, it should be survivable. And even if Kaede can't reciprocate (THAT WOULD BE SO SAD), I think she'd still want to be a good friend to her.
One imagines Makoto realising: My sister is in love with her adorable best friend. MY CREEPER FRIENDS MUST NEVER KNOW. I WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO KEEP THEIR GROSS FANTASY-IMPOSING PRIVACY-INVADING SELVES AWAY FROM TWO REAL GIRLS IN LOVE.
and in that moment a flower of pure valour bloomed in his sweaty otaku heart

joined Apr 6, 2013

One imagines Makoto realising: My sister is in love with her adorable best friend. MY CREEPER FRIENDS MUST NEVER KNOW. I WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO KEEP THEIR GROSS FANTASY-IMPOSING PRIVACY-INVADING SELVES AWAY FROM TWO REAL GIRLS IN LOVE.
and in that moment a flower of pure valour bloomed in his sweaty otaku heart

Being Makoto is suffering, constantly beat up by overly violent little sister, constantly having to deal with friends talking sexually about little sister, and nobody appreciates the nice things he does. well at least Akina's old school friends like him.

About today's chapter.

OMG, Akina stop resisting, give into the YURI, Give into the OTAKU, join the dark-side...we have cookies.

I was wondering when Akina's other friends were going to show up, Next chapter will probably tug the heart strings.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

In this pool chapter, when old friends and new friends got introduced, I could just imagine old friends commenting on Akina's energetic cheering on Prepure, with Akina rejecting that she doesn't like anime, Kaede looking at her being confused, Akina panic, and runs away. I don't know if that makes sense but to me, it does.

Also, KYAA~! We will always welcome ANYONE to the dark side. Not only cookies, we have internet and brownies. I'll specifically bake it in the internet and accompany it with tea, milk, latte, coffee, or just plain water.

Is the cat in the bag anymore? NOPE

joined Nov 11, 2010

Really looking forward to the next chapter. Everywhere I read people seem to be expecting some sort of drama when Kaede and Akina's old friends meet. It would be a bit of a downer so I'm hoping it won't happen, but honestly I didn't even think that Akina might hurt Kaede via denying her otakudom until people suggested it. Hopefully it'll be a lighthearted chapter like I originally expected.

As for purchasing the manga, I only just got started buying raws with the Sakura Trick volumes a couple weeks ago; however, I'm thinking of making the plunge (not like there's a chance of this series getting licensed, I think). Probably I should look into some other yuri series in order to offset Amazon's shipping costs; Shinozaki-san not being available on other JP import sites is a bit unfortunate.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

As for purchasing the manga, I only just got started buying raws with the Sakura Trick volumes a couple weeks ago; however, I'm thinking of making the plunge (not like there's a chance of this series getting licensed, I think). Probably I should look into some other yuri series in order to offset Amazon's shipping costs; Shinozaki-san not being available on other JP import sites is a bit unfortunate.

You can also grab it from Kinokuniya and Honto, as linked on Comet Scans' blog.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Akina, Akina, just confess already

And the two groups meet. I've been getting the impression that Akina's middle-school friends have mostly figured out what's going on, so I'd expect most of the drama to be in Akina's head

joined Nov 11, 2010

You can also grab it from Kinokuniya and Honto, as linked on Comet Scans' blog.

Ah, I'm not in the US so I've never looked into Kinokuniya (if they happen to deliver to Canada though, I guess I might start using them). I looked into the Honto link as well, but didn't find a way past their Japanese address screen. I left a request for clarification about ordering from Honto on Comet Scan's site just now.

last edited at Feb 22, 2014 7:32PM

joined Jun 19, 2013

Thank to this manga I started to watch precure.
I will support this manga

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

And the two groups meet. I've been getting the impression that Akina's middle-school friends have mostly figured out what's going on, so I'd expect most of the drama to be in Akina's head

Same here, I expect more comedy than drama for next chapter. The way ch.9 ended, it really feels like her friends already figured her out, so they might just be as casual as ever while Akina panic in her head and make yet another fool of herself. ^^

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I looooove this manga, so far its avoiding all the cliches I've started to get annoyed at in yuri manga
hi btw im new here

last edited at Feb 23, 2014 8:40AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahaha...i might start watching precure now...lol >.>; and man more love need to be given to the big teddy that is the existence called makoto! he does so much for his little sis and really goes out of his way to keep her safe from his creeper friends, as well as keep his naughties from being seen by her, without any ounce of siscon in there! yes he's kinda on the creepy otaku side with all the pervy stuff he does with his games etc, but that doesn't stop him from having a good heart :)

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Too much cute!!! I can't take this!!!!

last edited at Feb 24, 2014 10:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.