Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tsk... you can't change someone. Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that.

They change on their own, over time, little by little. It may be because you're at their side, or you can accompany them, but they don't change because they saw the light.

It's only in manga that people change just because of a pep-talk.

last edited at May 4, 2017 4:02PM

Edb[1]
joined Jan 11, 2017

I can't believe it's already licenced in the US, with only 2 volumes out…

Here in France the only yuri stuff we got licenced is Citrus. =[

Ikr ! Bah chez nous les gens n'accepte pas vraiment les Yuri Donc ._., which is kind of disappointing !

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Is this actual development I'm witnessing?

Who are you, and what did you do with "Bloom Into You"?

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Tsk... you can't change someone. Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that.

They change on their own, over time, little by little. It may be because you're at their side, or you can accompany them, but they don't change because they saw the light.

I think Yuu realizes that. I think she's realized that for a while. She's been afraid to openly admit that she loves Touko. This is a roundabout way for her to help Touko without actually saying something to her. She might have also been inspired by Sayaka's words from earlier. But this is the difference: Sayaka is more than happy to sit back and wait and wait and wait for something to happen.

At least Yuu is being proactive, even if it is from behind the scenes.

Just look at how Yuu insisted she come to her room and how she was basically comforting her even though Touko kept pushing for 'more', she looked as if she was quite content being in Yuu's arms and opening up to her about things.

joined Apr 27, 2017

I just reread the Chinese version last night when I couldn't sleep. It's a brilliant series that moves me every time I read it. Kinda makes me wonder why Yuri-Hime can't provide a single series to compete with a shonen magazine.

joined Sep 21, 2015

I almost dropped this series some time ago. Now I'm glad I didn't because the development of the story in those last chapters is being really good.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

What Touko said this chapter actually worries me a little bit. Touko's love is so conditional and to be able say she can't love her if those specific conditions are no longer met makes it seem that just maybe it isn't love in the first place. What if in the end she doesn't actually love her but instead is just a release, infatuation, lust, or something else that she is mistaken for love? It really is impossible to tell how things are going turn out with this story at this point.

In the beginning, it was never love that Touko had for Yuu, you're right. Her love, as revealed in chapter 10, was all based on conditions, self-gratification, & emotional-relief. But I do think that as the story progresses, Touko has been developing a rather personal bond with Yuu & I doubt there's been no growing feelings at all. It's interesting to compare this chapter to chapter 10. The same basic conditions to their relationship are reiterated, but unlike chapter 10 where Touko was willing to move on from Yuu, now she doesn't want to lose her. The only thing that hinders Touko from truly loving Yuu is her world view which is based on her own insecurities (lack of idenity and low self-esteem). If she is able to overcome this somehow, hopefully, she'll be able to open up herself to accept her own feelings & Yuu's as well.

But ofc, this is just me and my optimistic view on the story. Touko's love may just remain shallow till the very end & she'll never be able to overcome her own problems. If that's the case, then poor her & ofc Yuu too for having to experience such a shitty first love.

I doubt Yuu will just change Touko on her own & that her plan will just work out smoothly. But what she's about to do can become a catalyst that helps Touko realize that she needs to change & she'll be the one to go through the change herself. If this manga ends on a happy note, we'll probably see Touko trying to rebuild her life anew. & even then, not everything is gonna be in place, but she'll have people around her to help her move on.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wouldn't call it Yuu changing Touko so much as giving her a nudge to get Touko to...well that's the tricky part. What is Yuu's nudge intended to do?

Usually when people intend to change their significant other they have a person in mind whom they intend them to become more like, but the person who is currently going down that path isn't Yuu, it's Touko self imposing it on herself.

So in a way Yuu isn't trying to change Touko, or not change Touko, she's somewhere in this neutral ground of, "just quit forcing the direction of your development". Which shows through in the play where Touko's character feels like they MUST choose a direction/mask to become.

last edited at May 4, 2017 7:27PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Ah yes, finally my good writing fix, I've been really dreading for a piece of something well written after what we've been getting lately.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Oh boy, shit is going down faster than i trought.
I need more.

joined Apr 21, 2016

Just wanted to say the "How can I love someone who loves something I hate" and "How can you say you hate something I lo-" part is brilliant.

Cant seem to understand that part
Nvm i get it now

last edited at May 4, 2017 8:23PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow this last volume has been quite the ride! I seriously cannot wait for the climax of the play ;)

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

What Touko said this chapter actually worries me a little bit. Touko's love is so conditional and to be able say she can't love her if those specific conditions are no longer met makes it seem that just maybe it isn't love in the first place. What if in the end she doesn't actually love her but instead is just a release, infatuation, lust, or something else that she is mistaken for love? It really is impossible to tell how things are going turn out with this story at this point.

In the beginning, it was never love that Touko had for Yuu, you're right. Her love, as revealed in chapter 10, was all based on conditions, self-gratification, & emotional-relief. But I do think that as the story progresses, Touko has been developing a rather personal bond with Yuu & I doubt there's been no growing feelings at all. It's interesting to compare this chapter to chapter 10. The same basic conditions to their relationship are reiterated, but unlike chapter 10 where Touko was willing to move on from Yuu, now she doesn't want to lose her. The only thing that hinders Touko from truly loving Yuu is her world view which is based on her own insecurities (lack of idenity and low self-esteem). If she is able to overcome this somehow, hopefully, she'll be able to open up herself to accept her own feelings & Yuu's as well.

But ofc, this is just me and my optimistic view on the story. Touko's love may just remain shallow till the very end & she'll never be able to overcome her own problems. If that's the case, then poor her & ofc Yuu too for having to experience such a shitty first love.

I think Touko needs to have a conversation with Yamada about dealing with relationships and low self-esteem/insecurities.. God it feels weird trying think of Yamada as the older/more experienced character in anything.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nya-chan re:

I thought the chapter was nice (though nothing at all surprising), but that bit from Yuu stood out the most for me. Still cringing.

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

You are such a jerk senpai! <-- Yuu's best line. Yuu is really the best character in this story her actions and emotions slow development is really great. Touko is one lucky girl to have someone that love her to the point they would try to change them even if there is a possibility that they would be hated in the end.

last edited at May 5, 2017 3:46AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I think this chapter shows that Yuu wanted to knock sayaka out. That bitch face of Yuu's was the best. Yuu best girl.

This story on the surface was initially about Yuu's heart changing but as the play suggest Touko is the main character. This story is more about Touko trying change with the help of Yuu. Will this be achievable? Probably not as change takes time. But I do think Touko will change much later on when she is older. This experience with Yuu will make her realise things. Which means that this relationship will not last because Touko needs it not to last for her to change. A negative imapct is more memorable than a postive impact as you learn from your mistakes. This chapter proves that the relationship wont last. Which brakes my heart for Yuu but she would have achieved her desire in changing Touko.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think Touko needs to have a conversation with Yamada about dealing with relationships and low self-esteem/insecurities.. God it feels weird trying think of Yamada as the older/more experienced character in anything.

Oh, Yamada certainly is "more experienced" now, alright. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't think Yamada would be able to help Touko much, though. The roots of their insecurities are very different: traumatic loss of an adored sibling in one case, and stark ineptitude to connect with her peers due to vastly different interests in the other.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I'm glad to see many of us are in agreement that Yuu is best girl. Only this will bring about true world peace.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm glad to see many of us are in agreement that Yuu is best girl. Only this will bring about true world peace.

She's a good girl. I'd like to see her end with Touko. I feel like this is kinda reminiscent of 'Octave' in that one character is attracted to another far more selfish character. So many people saw that as a bad thing, but it isn't always that bad.

Yuu might protest vocally that Touko is being selfish, but underneath it all, she really adores that side of her senpai. And she really likes that of all the things Touko is selfish about, she's especially selfish about Yuu. That's why I like these two so much as a couple. Yuu fixates on Touko and Touko fixates on Yuu, but each do it in their own way.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I'm so happy I wake up to so many wonderful users realizing and pointing out that Natakani Nio has nothing below impressive writing skills, balanced with amazing art and placement of elements to go with it too.

I remember the selfishness in Octave, but personally can't apply it as any sort of relation here. The situations and people involved are way too far fetched apart.

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

Honestly, I was usually confused by the story at the start, but the art and some charm keep me going.
Now I understand what is happening...thanks to discussion forum, too, of course. Going to re-read it again.
Yuu best girl. And yes, "How can I love someone who loves something I hate" and "How can you say you hate something I lo-" is really, really amazing.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I don't understand wtf is going on in these girl's heads. The story is too abstract...

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

God I love this chapter aghhh. Senpai why you gotta be like that? That cuddling though aghhh it's so cute.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Denial is sooooo strong here

joined Feb 18, 2015

"How can you say you hate something I lo..." The covered up word is obviously love. She finally admitted it, at least to herself. Now she's setting out to make Nanami stop hating herself, which is step 1 on the path to her being able to stop lying about her own feelings... You go Yuu! You might need Sayaka's help... I don't know if she'll be willing, though. In order to get her help, Yuu will probably have to admit her feelings to Sayaka, which opens up a whole can of worms...

To reply you must either login or sign up.