Forum › Maitake2 discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

There's another doujin by Maitake that has been scanned and translated up on Danbooru, if anyone's interested. It's called TowaKano

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Thanks for the link @norainhere. Maitake already made it to my top-tier Madoka doujinshi artist. The range
of emotions he/she's made me feel increases in each doujin. I salute you Maitake-sensei for keeping my love for Madomagi alive!

AlbinoMoose308
Hidamari_sketch%20deal%20with%20it%20small
joined Apr 1, 2015

Maitake is officially the the best HomuMado author
...the very best

Downloadfile-16~01
joined Feb 23, 2016

Goddess bless you, Maitake.

joined Feb 1, 2013

TowaKano (http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/10780) has been pretty much fully translated on Danbooru. Does anyone on the sight know if any groups are working on a proper release of this doujin?

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

TowaKano (http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/10780) has been pretty much fully translated on Danbooru. Does anyone on the sight know if any groups are working on a proper release of this doujin?

Yes, that's the next one in line. I translated that one with Danbooru annotations before I started doing proper-ish scanlations. So, it should be ready relatively soon.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Yes, that's the next one in line. I translated that one with Danbooru annotations before I started doing proper-ish scanlations. So, it should be ready relatively soon.

Thanks man, I'll be looking forward to seeing that.

joined Jun 12, 2015

we've almost doubled the Maitake entries here this year!

Mifuyu%206
joined Dec 31, 2015

we've almost doubled the Maitake entries here this year!

It's just 3 months actually lol

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 4:53AM

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I really love the kano series! ^___^
I know they're standalone, but I can't help but to think of them as a series because of the -kano in its name. >___<

joined Feb 1, 2013

I saw some samples on Maitake's pixiv that looks like ANOTHER sequel to Devikano. I say this because it hilariously depicts Madoka's dad as being totally desensitized to his daughter's antics with Homura on the bed.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I saw some samples on Maitake's pixiv that looks like ANOTHER sequel to Devikano. I say this because it hilariously depicts Madoka's dad as being totally desensitized to his daughter's antics with Homura on the bed.

I found it on e-hentai, it's called "Sachikano". And it's even better than I expected. One of the stories is set post-series, in which Homura speaks with Kyouko about Madoka (it basically turns into the "Gospel of Madoka"). I actually got a little choked up when Kyouko starts reflecting on her life.

joined Jun 12, 2015

For anyone who wants to send positive comments and thanks to our lord and savior Maitake:
http://form1.fc2.com/form/?id=76246

Fields are:
Name
Email (optional, if you want a potential response)
last edited at May 22, 2017 11:08AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For anyone who wants to send positive comments and thanks to our lord and savior Maitake:
http://form1.fc2.com/form/?id=76246

Fields are:
Name
Email
Just a little side note, something I saw pointed out recently that seems to apply here. When sending a message to non-English speaking authors, try to avoid English idioms as much as possible. There are a bunch of cases where artists think a comment is negative, or even upset at them, when it's actually a compliment like "Your stuff is so good, I hate it!" Better to keep it as straightforward as possible.

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

Maitake is like yuri goddess : her MadoHomu is so famous that if you know about MadoHomu then you must know about Maitake.

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

Just a little side note, something I saw pointed out recently that seems to apply here. When sending a message to non-English speaking authors, try to avoid English idioms as much as possible. There are a bunch of cases where artists think a comment is negative, or even upset at them, when it's actually a compliment like "Your stuff is so good, I hate it!" Better to keep it as straightforward as possible.

Also, if you do that, try not to make it too obvious you're reading the doujin books in English, since it's technically piracy. Japanese artists get really ticked off about that.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Also, if you do that, try not to make it too obvious you're reading the doujin books in English, since it's technically piracy. Japanese artists get really ticked off about that.

Really? I would think that for goujins they would be happy since there is very little chance, if any at all, that they will release their own official English translation. I guess it's the exception when authors like Ratana Satis actually show up to support scanlators.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

A great deal if not most doujishi end with some form of "don't copy this floppy book" or "don't upload this to the web" in the colophon(and an increasing number are in English). Some are available at places like DLSite, but most are only ever available physically.

E3678419-d949-45c5-aee0-04c827acd4d1
joined May 5, 2017

Maitake is definitely one of the greatest Madoka Magica doujin authors. I love their work so much

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Maitake is on point every time! her humor the relationship between Madoka and Homura is one of the best I've seen in doujins. I love every single work of her.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Maitake is almost perfect. Her main problem for me is how she does not acknowledge the canon~ish KyouSaya.

Obviously she ship Kyouko and Mami more. So that bias probably played a huge part

last edited at Sep 3, 2017 2:42PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Obviously she ship Kyouko and Mami more. So that bias probably played a huge part

Doesn't she like both? I think at one point she said that she was a fan of both pairings.

last edited at Sep 3, 2017 2:59PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

risingstar3110 posted:

Maitake is almost perfect. Her main problem for me is how she does not acknowledge the canon~ish KyouSaya.

The only pairing that actually matters is Homura and Madoka anyways.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Doesn't she like both? I think at one point she said that she was a fan of both pairings.

It does not feel like so though. Like isn't post-Rebellion, Kyouko is much closer to Sayaka than Mami, staying in her place and such? And Sayaka took over Mami role of being Kyouko's caretaker?

The only pairing that actually matters is Homura and Madoka anyways.

Blasphemy!!

(somehow ironic since Goddoka)

Considering that Madoka brought Sayaka back to meet Kyouko despite she had hundreds of candidate to pick from, I assume she also a shipper of the two!!

last edited at Sep 3, 2017 11:36PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

It does not feel like so though. Like isn't post-Rebellion, Kyouko is much closer to Sayaka than Mami, staying in her place and such? And Sayaka took over Mami role of being Kyouko's caretaker?

Well yeah, but I wasn't really referring to Rebellion though. I was referring to Maitake's doujins, or specifically this scene.
It kinda leads me to believe that this is what Maitake would want to happen in the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.