Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Oct 9, 2016

When I reread that chapter, I think Sumin's actions were not too questionable though. She realized she still has feelings for Seju, she will have 2 choices: come back to Seju and hurt Sungji in process or cut off her sick relationship with Seju and keep Sungji safe from pain. Apparently, she chose the latter, and I think it's the right choice for her, Seju is her past and in order to be happy again, she need to cut it off . It's selfish of her but it has to be done, at least, she had the courage to admit it in front of Seju, which is why I didn't hate her that much back then, she's selfish to Seju but aren't all humans are selfish for their own happiness?
However, Sumin's actions in arc 3 are sth I'm trying very very hard to tolerate. Her mind is full of Sungji so fast and forgot Seju's existence faster than a blink of an eye. Sure that she feels guilty towards Sungji but Seju's creepy brother has warned her about Seju's safety, the least she could do is show some concerns which I haven't seen yet, all of Sumin's scenes are about Sungji and how she missed her. Tbh, from the beginning of arc 3 till now, I find SuminxSeju's relationship is totally one-sided(arc 2 and 1, we still see Sumin's sides towards Seju). This is quite hard to understand since the end of arc 2, it just showed that Sumin loved both of them, not just Sungji and the story's current progress is pretty bad in showing Sumin's love for Seju or whatever it left in Sumin for Seju. The attitude Sumin is giving to Seju in arc 3 makes me wonder how the heck Seju can put up for 10 years and still call her name in misery? Just move on and go have sex with random girl already xD. Sumin doesn't worth it
Oh, and btw, when did teamgaji say Seju is their favourite character? I thought it's Sungji, considering how noble and perfect they build Sungji. And if this is how you build your favourite character, then I really want to ask how miserable teamgaji's real life is xD because Seju is the only character who hasn't had any happiness yet and God knows when she gets one xD

joined Oct 9, 2016

Nora89
If Sungji is THAT manipulated and foxy then I don't know how this is a healing story? Like, in your way, right now, instead of being sincere, Sungji's mind has half of revenge and half of manipulation? So SungjixSumin's love is kinda shallow, tbh. And that would make the story goes down hill more cause how the healing would really go? If Sumin realizes the real Sungji as you imagine, she would go crazy, instead of being healed, literally, cause she's genuinely happy at the moment. I think you are analysing too much in the story.

joined Oct 9, 2016

Nora89
If Sungji is THAT manipulated and foxy then I don't know how this is a healing story? Like, in your way, right now, instead of being sincere, Sungji's mind has half of revenge and half of manipulation? So SungjixSumin's love is kinda shallow, tbh. And that would make the story goes down hill more cause how the healing would really go? If Sumin realizes the real Sungji as you imagine, she would go crazy, instead of being healed, literally, cause she's genuinely happy at the moment. I think you are analysing too much in the story.

Honestly, the authors never stated that this was a healing story..

we don't know yet, still so many stories can be told in 19 chapters, I highly doubt that Sumin and Seju thing is done .

Team Gaji said that Seju is their favourite somewhere in the Ask.fm.. loving a character does not necessarily imply anything about ur personal life.. it could mean that u love how well you worked on that one heheheh

Uhm, the introduction of the story clearly stated it's a healing story with surprised twist. Oh? They have ask.fm? Do you have link or anything that could help me read their q&a? Do I need translation?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Honestly, the authors never stated that this was a healing story..

Honestly, they did. It was in a QnA after chapter 27,an afterwards after the season finally. However, I did not see it in the WDTFS English version on Lezhin, only the Korean version. They stated that they were going for a " Healing romance comedy" yes people, there's comedy in it as well. But maybe it didn't go as planned.

Also, after the last chapter where Sungji topped Sumin, I think what she has for Sumin is more lust, greed, and obsession compared to love.

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 10:50PM

joined Oct 9, 2016

To be bluntly honest, I check one of the authors's twitter in team Gaji who happens to be team gaji's art artist, she/he shows a great love towards Sungji/teamblonde. I believe Sungji is this author's favourite so I would be very very surprised if teamblonde is not endgame.

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 12:13AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I wouldn't have any problem with Sumin completely forgotting that she just had this big realization of still having feelings for Seju, if they didn't end chapter 49 in a big cliffhanger with Nami telling Sumin that she still love Seju. it was a big turning point but they scrub it off on the next chapters. why bother creating a conflict? if they're not going to fully use it.

although I didn't like how bland Sungji turned out to be. imo, she does have strong feelings for Sumin. it's just that, it wasn't conveyed or portrayed effectively/properly but the foundation of their relationship is shallow and premature while Seju has a solid reason why she can't let go of Sumin.

sometimes it's kinda hard to understand or pinpoint the real reason why WDTFS characters do certain things because the author doesn't bother to add POV scenes. it's like interpreting their actions and facial expression is the only way to see their thoughts and feelings. I mean, look at Nami. everyone thought she has feelings for Seju but in turns out that she actually love Sumin.

WDTFS is nearing to end but it's still hard to see it as a healing story because we can't actually sympathize or relate to the main characters. well, except Seju for me. cause she's the one who needs the "healing" the most while Sumin has already move on without learning any lesson xD I hope the main characters learns that there's no perfect relationship, everyone has flaws and makes mistakes cause right now. it's hard to burst the bubble of Sungji x Sumin shippers.

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 6:03AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I would like to mention that in Lezhin ( special chapter - intro to the 3rd arc) Team Gaji do state that the position of the three characters will change.. are we going to see an abusive and manipulative side of Sungji ?

But what the author really did was making Sumin and Sungj transform into their different versions in the blink of an eye. Not sure if we are going to see more of Sungji's dark side, but I do believe that no matter what Sungji does, she will still be all cute and innocent, kinda like wdtfs readers have the angelic version of hers before well imprint on their minds. In other word, unless that abusive and manipulative action comes from Seju, it will never be considered as an abusive and manipulative action.

sometimes it's kinda hard to understand or pinpoint the real reason why WDTFS characters do certain things because the author doesn't bother to add POV scenes. it's like interpreting their actions and facial expression is the only way to see their thoughts and feelings. I mean, look at Nami. everyone thought she has feelings for Seju but in turns out that she actually love Sumin.

I almost lost my balance when I first heard about Nami loving Sumin. xD Tbh, even though I don't like Nami character, I still sometimes found her cool. But after that confession of hers, I don't know what to expect from her anymore. She's just like a poor little girl who can't confess her feeling to her crush! lol Speaking of Sungji's pov, we still don't know why she loves Sumin so much, and why she chose to not tell Sumin about her conversation with Seju, nor ask Sumin about their past. Was it because she was trying to be polite, or was it because she had her own strategic plan to win Sumin heart or some sort?

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Uhm, the introduction of the story clearly stated it's a healing story with surprised twist. Oh? They have ask.fm? Do you have link or anything that could help me read their q&a? Do I need translation?

yes you would need the translation, I saw the translation in some other website

joined Aug 29, 2015

I almost lost my balance when I first heard about Nami loving Sumin. xD Tbh, even though I don't like Nami character, I still sometimes found her cool. But after that confession of hers, I don't know what to expect from her anymore. She's just like a poor little girl who can't confess her feeling to her crush! lol Speaking of Sungji's pov, we still don't know why she loves Sumin so much, and why she chose to not tell Sumin about her conversation with Seju, nor ask Sumin about their past. Was it because she was trying to be polite, or was it because she had her own strategic plan to win Sumin heart or some sort?

WDTFS needs to be tagged in the harem genre xD

we all know Sungji is attracted to Sumin, well duh' attraction is the basis of all romantic feelings but the question is, why and when did that attraction turn into love? it's just bothers me that their relationship is so sexualized but there's little emotional connection between the two of them. and then they want to sell WDTFS as a healing story.

I really feel like they wasted this amazing backstory of Sumin and Seju. Sumin has been cheated on by her first love and her life turns into complete sh*thole. she tried to be with different girls but it always failed because she can't find the same emotional connection she had with Seju. so, why did she fall in love with Sungji? no explanation, we just got to speculate and figure it out on our own.

the same with Sungji, she was never attracted with anyone before but she has the guts to throw herself to Sumin, the f*ck, for someone who has never fallen in love before, she's so straightforward with her feelings. you'd think she has been in numerous relationship. even Seol-a in FF wasn't that too direct with her feelings for No-rae.

joined Oct 9, 2016

I start questioning the purpose of all the past scenes in arc 3 now. It's no longer Sumin's flashbacks or Seju's flashbacks like arc 2 and it's quite out of nowhere. I don't get the meaning of these past scenes, especially in this chapter. Why giving these things and why is it about Seju's doubts about eternal love?
As we predicted, teamblonde now is full of fluff and cheese :). I'm quite expecting the next chap for Seju to meet both of them at the office. Quite sure this scene is going to happen. Not sure how it will end :))))), but definitely not gonna end well for Seju :)))))

joined Oct 9, 2016

Remember the flashback where Sumin promised to be Seju's family? And now this? It seems like Sumin has a lot of broken promises with Seju now, to make it worse, they are Promises that are very very important for a miserable kid like Seju But why giving those past scenes? It makes me feel no tolerance towards Sumin, which I don't like. She was the one who draw me into this manhwa but she's steadily become a character I hate :((. Of all the past scenes, why shows this? Sth makes Sumin look bad and Seju looks even more vulnerable. What's the purpose?
She is the one who said she would be her family but she's also the one who turned her back on her first
She is the one who said she'll love her forever but she's also the one who moves on first
Wow, if this is a sappy love drama, Seju's fate is so effing sad

last edited at Feb 8, 2017 11:19AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

There were two flashbacks scenes in arc 3 up till now and both showed an insecure Seju about their love and how Sumin reassured her. Not sure about the purpose of showing an insecure Seju, maybe the author wants this to be an explaination for all the evil acts Seju would do to SuminxSungji in the future.
I really really doubt Seju is any of teamgaji team's favourite character. She's the most pitiful character among the three.
- Born in a most tragic situation among the three main characters with the scariest family members who she had to endure various curses from since young
- One mistake, one regret. A regret that she would have to bear for the rest of her life without even a chance to redeem herself. Second chance is forever within out of reach for her
- She's the hottest among the three but no one in this manhwa has ever showed interests in her, except Sumin (seriously, are they all...blind? If there is a Seju in real life, I will throw myself at her XD)
- Forever a sad character without one single happiness and again the only one among the three hasn't had a moment of happiness yet and now I really really doubt she would have one when the story ends.
- Lastly, being the evil third character who did petty stuff to the main character.
Literally, when talking about Seju, I can't think of any good thing #___#. They are all bad things. Is there any good things about Seju except she's a sad and evil character?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

From a writer's perspective, this flashback is an introduction to the situation where it is finally certain Sumin won't ever go back to Seju.
And it's not necessarily bad, since it could be showing how Seju is finally accepting this fact. (she is the one thinking this flashback) Since she was aware that she relied on Sumin way too much in her life.

It can also be an introduction to Seju attempting to break them up of course, but I have a.feeling that they will redeem her character in the end. If they don't it will be really stupid. Since.they created this interesting character only to throw her away when they done.

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 12:34AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Wait.. wait... people said that the one nami like is sungmin, and not seju... are you serious? What chapter shows that? I need to re-read

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 7:34AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I can help it .. but Sungji said something very stupid about engraving her name on Sumin (who actually has a scar reminding her of Seju).
how does't that trigger any of her memories?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I can help it .. but Sungji said something very stupid about engraving her name on Sumin (who actually has a scar reminding her of Seju).

Huh? When did Sungji say that? Did I miss sth in the new chapter?

joined Feb 4, 2017

hehehe .. it was in ch 70

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

hehehe .. it was in ch 70

Oh, those chaps I didn't read =)))), I don't like too much of steamy scenes. No wonder =)))). But it does feel like Sungji is competing with Seju about this =)))))

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Like most of you here, I cant predict how Seju's story will progress...
however, in terms of calling it a "healing story" -- I never read the q&a so I didnt have any expectations -- I suppose, it's cause both characters - sumin and seju will finally move on from each other.
one of them had to put their foot down and let go, and it just happen to be Sumin. And after this, I HOPEFULLY, Seju will realise that pining for and obsessing over Sumin is pointless. HOPEFULLY.
The only way for them to move on is to separate, cause they both love each other, but there's this bad history between them that will hinder any kind of healthy relationship. and as Sumin said, they could never go back to.
And you're right! Look at how Sumin is treating Seju. it's garbage. I'd be happy if Seju moved on.
I still enjoy reading their flashbacks, I suppose this is why the infidelity of Seju HURT the most. Because they were truly deeply in love. I remember when Sumin said to Seju one time that the most hurst she felt was when Seju cheated on her.
Sungji on the other hand is the catalyst, that helped Sumin ease out of her relationship with Seju.
It could be shallow for now -- as most of you think --- but give it time, they will have a more meaningful and deeper relationship. Time will only tell. That's how any relationship starts anyway, you're first physically attracted, then you date and do trivial things together just enjoy the company -- then start knowing and understanding each other because you become more open. Sumin's kind of a closed book. But i think she will eventually open up. Im not sure if we'll get to see that in this comic. Chapters are really short!

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Tbh, Seju's stories can deveplop independently on her own if the author allows. Like she can start fighting against her family, take revenge and investigate on her mother's death and finding her own new love. In fact, her stories can direct to too many ways as we want, her back story is too rich and it's such a waste it hasn't got a lot of more elaborating scenes. But as we can see, without Seju, SuminxSungji right now is just a dull story with all fluff and cheese and cute scenes without any actual plot. They can't continue like this, especially when they're the main couple so Seju would have to interfere in between them again soon whether we like it or not. If we want some development or a some liveliness in the main couple, we need some Seju =)))), if not, the couple will be quite boring to read( except for people who like simple fluffiness =)))) ). Such a shame that Seju has to stick with the main couple for their plot, she has so much potential though and we all want her to move on on her own. Be stronger and be more badass.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Oh, btw, this is just my spectaculation but I think it wouldn't be very surprised if somewhere in the future chaps, Seju gets killed or sth. She's now living with "I don't give a damn" attitude, I think. It's ok to be dead or to get killed, she wouldn't care less. These are my spectaculations but there are a lot of scenes showing her self-destructive conduct recently
- when she was on the phone call for the new team manager, she said nothing is gonna change, it could mean her relationship with Sumin won't ever change and things would be back to normal soon but it could also mean she realized that no matter what she did, nothing would change and she forever can't get Sumin back. And that could trigger her self-destructive.
- her talks with her brothers. It shows her "I don't care" attitude quite clearly. Even when her creepy brother warned her that he was not sure what she did is right, she didn't care and went ahead with it. Even when he warned her about her safety, she doesn't care and wouldn't care. This is different from a Seju who endured everything in arc 1 and 2
- this flashback in this chapter might imply a quite clear fact that is she might really go die if Sumin stops loving her. We have no iea what the flashback means but one thing is clear though, this flashback shows Seju couldn't live without Sumin in the past and probably in the present too
All this makes me think Seju is going her way on a self-destructive path, she has lost that one thing she cares and now nothing more matters. So yeah, I think she might get herself killed or sth sooner or later

joined Feb 4, 2017

I think the flashback in chapter 72 is actually in Sumin's head.. in ch 71, Sungji could not sleep bcz she was worried that Sumin would disappear ( we see Sumin now assuring her).. but in the past also Seju was worried Sumin would get up and leave (she assured her but then broke her promise ) ..

will Sumin realize how she does break promises to lovers ?

also, I think in chapter 70 she was in pain rather than pleasure .. I do not know exactly why! in the original translation Sungji asks if engraving her name on Sumin is greed .. but then Sumin response was (more like a lust) .. this comment somehow gives the creeps for 2 reasons:
1- she actually has a scar reminding her of Seju
2- she then comments in ch 72 on how Sungji always wants to meet her face .

there was once a flashback of Sumin with another blondie (ch 37) who liked her mostly for physical reason.. but of course she broke up with her. Sungji once stated that she likes Sumin biz she finds her beautiful in one flashback in the car (ch64).

another comment that I am not quite settling with: remember when Sumin broke up with Seju .. she told her: what if I wanted to be with you again?

Sungji says basically the same thing to Sumin in ch67 then she actually hung up on Sungji (also she stated that she could not forgive her no matter how she thinks about it )

are we going to see Sumin scared of being treated the way she treated Seju ? or even feel more guilt towards Seju ?

till now.. Sungji did not give an answer to Sumin from chapter 68.. I wonder what it is.
however, this girl cried over a broken cell phone more than she ever cried bcz of the breakup and cheating combined !
Lastly: team Gaji said that Seju's involvement was important to make sure that what happened between Sumin and Sungji is not a mere conflict .. gives me a hint of a problematic relation based on some serious issues.. the fluff is not the end for those two.

I am reading way too much into it.. crazy! hehehe

last edited at Feb 12, 2017 4:51PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

also, I think in chapter 70 she was in pain rather than pleasure .. I do not know exactly why! in the original translation Sungji asks if engraving her name on Sumin is greed .. but then Sumin response was (more like a lust) .. this comment somehow gives the creeps for 2 reasons:
1- she actually has a scar reminding her of Seju
2- she then comments in ch 72 on how Sungji always wants to meet her face .

Can I ask what exactly did Sumin answer Sungji? I really don't want to go through those sex scenes to find out. I want to have a more clear picture on this situation

another comment that I am not quite settling with: remember when Sumin broke up with Seju .. she told her: what if I wanted to be with you again?

which chapter was this? You remember things quite well =)))), I thought althrough 10 years Sumin always showed hatred towards Seju? Seju says this or Sumin says this?

till now.. Sungji did not give an answer to Sumin from chapter 68.. I wonder what it is.
however, this girl cried over a broken cell phone more than she ever cried bcz of the breakup and cheating combined !
Lastly: team Gaji said that Seju's involvement was important to make sure that what happened between Sumin and Sungji is not a mere conflict .. gives me a hint of a problematic relation based on some serious issues.. the fluff is not the end for those two.

I am reading way too much into it.. crazy! hehehe

Like I said, the main couple needs Seju to be lively again, no matter it's physical appearance or mentally

joined Feb 4, 2017

Can I ask what exactly did Sumin answer Sungji? I really don't want to go through those sex scenes to find out. I want to have a more clear picture on this situation

Sungji: I want to have you , if I could engrave my name on you, I would.. is it greed?
Sumin: more like a lust
basically then Sumin asks Sungji to stop (which I think its more pain related rather than pleasure ..)

which chapter was this? You remember things quite well =)))), I thought althrough 10 years Sumin always showed hatred towards Seju? Seju says this or Sumin says this?

that was in ch 54.. and in ch 67.

however, this is my own perspective of things.. while Sungji is not that special out of the 31 girls that Sumin have dated .. this relation could be serious bcz Summin herself wants an honest opportunity to get out of her need for Seju..

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 5:43AM

joined Feb 13, 2017

So yeah here's my say...if this was a typical american love story.
-Childhood sweethearts Seju and Sumin 10 years plus relationship
-Seju Cheats...Sumin hurt bigtime (plus doing it right after her parents' death)
-Sumin wasted with all the bleak sex with anyones shes having...feels lost all reason to still believe in love.
-Seju regrets bigtime and doesn't know how to move on as well.
-Sungji ...newcomer, innocent and sincere with her love for Sumin.
-Sumin in awe with the pureness of Sungji's intentions...brings back the same feelings she got when she was still in love woth Seju.
-Sumin confused. Somehow got mixed up with Seju again...remembering their past and all. Plus sex of course.
-Sungji caught them. Got hurt big time.
-Sumin realizing she's lost without Sungji
...for the first time Sungji hates her...doesnt want to see her again.
-Sumin realizes that her love for Sungji is greater and fights to win her back...maybe well see the corny side of Sumin doing all the romantic stuff shes not used to...just to bring back Sungji.
-And well Seju will just have to accept that move on with and focus with her empire...and maybe end up with Nami...after all their bickering is quite cute and their scenes together are quite developing.

Thats it no organ transplant whatsoever!

OMG!!!!!Cpt.SoiFon had said this and now it just work and go as saying:0!!!!!!

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 2:32PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.