Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yeah, something like that was exactly what i was thinking. Something like her sister was really sleazy when no one was around or that she sleep with some of the teachers to get good grades or something along those lines. You know, the usual stuff people say about the popular girls in manga.

I was only thinking along the line of her having similar weaknesses to Touko. The sleeping around thing doesn't seem like something Nakatani would write, but who knows

the contrast thought between Yuu and Touko during the phone call is really frightening if i would say. Dunno if i could say this chapter as full fluff. I'd rather say this chapter is sweet-bitter (yes, not bittersweet just because).

Definitely. It wouldn't be YagaKimi if there was no underlying conflict in the scenes where, on the surface, everything seems to go well. That's why I said pure fluff-ish since this is the sweetest (IMO) & most tension-free (on the surface) chapter we've gotten so far. But that entire phone call scene is taking miscommunication to a new level. Touko can't see Yuu's face and expressions (true feelings) and thinks that Yuu is still the same "I can't feel anything" person based on her voice and Touko's own preconception. While, in actuality, Yuu, on the other end, is just letting her feelings slip out without any restraints in her expressions and actions (Dat curling!). So yes, I agree, it's sweet-bitter lol

That phone scene was a gem of visual storytelling. <3 This author is so good at creating faint emotions from mundane scenes.

This. Why I love Nakatani so much.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 11:56AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Yeah, something like that was exactly what i was thinking. Something like her sister was really sleazy when no one was around or that she sleep with some of the teachers to get good grades or something along those lines. You know, the usual stuff people say about the popular girls in manga.

I was only thinking along the line of her having similar weaknesses to Touko. The sleeping around thing doesn't seem like something Nakatani would write, but who knows

Oh no, i'm not saying that she definitely slept around, i said that the guy would say something like that since i think he was rejected in the past by Touko's sister and is resentful towards her.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Yuu's sister is great. If only she weren't straight...

Hmm.. dunno, discrediting her just because she's straight doesn't seem right to me. The fact that she's straight but accepting her little sister (and also supporting her) is also the part of her

joined Jan 31, 2017

I can't wait for the next update >¬< !! I really love the art and story line of this manga.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Loving this chapter and the way it's both fluffy and setting up potential drama for the future.

Also I like how Yuu's sister (Rei?) definitely seems to be shipping them.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Hmm.. dunno, discrediting her just because she's straight doesn't seem right to me. The fact that she's straight but accepting her little sister (and also supporting her) is also the part of her

Who's discrediting her?? I just want her to be gay so we'd get some nice yuri romance with a cool character.

I don't know where you pulled that "discrediting" from, since I never said anything of the sort...

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Soooo Nanami only likes Yuu because she's safe? That's what I got from the phone convo anyways. (That kinda hurt.)

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Chap 10 reveals that Touko likes Yuu because Yuu won't like her back. She thinks that Yuu will not come to expect anything from her (no judging, no criticizing) which makes it easy for Touko to show her weak side to her.

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 3:18AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

Idk why, but I'm getting an "oh no" feeling..
I hope something bad doesn't happen soon...

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Idk why, but I'm getting an "oh no" feeling..
I hope something bad doesn't happen soon...

I hope this turns out well, I don't like bad ending >.<

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, when Yuu realizes her own feelings, she will end up in the same place than Sayaka, only worse : she's loved as long as she doesn't return the love.

The minute she confesses, everything is lost, because that's not what Touko wants (at the moment anyway).

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

TWO IN SNIPERS' NEST, TWO IN SNIPERS' NEST

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aside from seeing some of Touko's home life, her parents' perspective, and Yuu struggling to hold back and showing signs of being more and more attached to Touko, nothing else is new lol. We've already determined from chapter 10 and 13 that Yuu is gonna be super fucked when she does feel romantic love for Touko. And I don't mean 'return her feelings', I'm pretty sure that Touko's "love" isn't on the same level of what's building inside Yuu atm.
It's why I'm surprised to see ppl comment that they want Yuu to fall in love already, I feel like they're forgetting very important points.
It's been difficult to root for Yuu to fall in love and realise precisely because Touko's own desires and expectations for Yuu are a massive hurdle. Sure we'd normally want to her to reach such a checkpoint at soon and smoothly as possible, but in this case, it's like, the final boss. Touko is the final boss. Touko may have been the one to initiate their relationship, but it was only at her own convenience, and because Yuu is tolerant and easygoing af. Given how things are, Touko could very well be the one to end things too, the moment they don't fit her needs anymore. More of her narration highlights Yuu's kindness, her patience, her tolerance at letting her do these things, these things that soothe her. Aside from these points that benefit her personally, I don't really remember Touko talking about anything else.

This is all building towards angst since early on tbh, it's been foreshadowed for so long.. Whatever Yuu decides to do when she realises and acknowledges how she feels, it's clear that from how things currently are, and how Touko is, that if Yuu wants to remain by her side, she can't act on it, she can't reciprocate. She would have to give up love.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Soooo Nanami only likes Yuu because she's safe? That's what I got from the phone convo anyways. (That kinda hurt.)

Well, as another poster mentioned, in chapter 10 the rules were established:

1. Stay with me. Don't fall in love with anyone else.
  2. Don't come to hate me.
  3. Hold hands with me while we walk home today... (that day only...)

So, basically, she is not allowed to fall in love with anyone else or come to hate Touko. But She also told her that she can't fall in love with her and that she WON'T be able to. But, she admitted to herself at the end of the chapter that she might have lied.

Now, nine chapters later, she has failed to be able to write her wish on Tanabata, because that wish is not allowed. ("Even if I could somehow write it down, I'd never be able to say it out loud.") And her friend from middle school has noticed her fixation on Nanami-sempai and practically told her that she is acting like she is in love, without using the word. But she can tell that Yuu is totally absorbed in Nanami-sempai.

This chapter was magnificent! Yuu curling up on her bed, hugging her pillow, with even her toes curling up... Just too precious! That girl has got it BAD! I have no idea how she is going to function during this training camp without giving away her feelings, except that she appears to be fairly good at keeping Touko in the dark right now. But I doubt the camp will finish without some sort of physical contact and that might release the flood gates on Yuu's emotions, which would probably destroy Touko's world, at least until Yuu is able to win her over to the concept of mutual love... (Or Sayaka will step in...)

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 12:47PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Hold hands with me while we walk home today... (that day only...)

Yes, it can't be any other days. Yuri handholding is too wild, Touko doesn't want to take responsibility for what might happen if they do it too often.

I also agree with everything in your post

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Right now Yuu is blooming with her love but once a flower has bloomed it shrivels up and dies. I think this is the metaphor for what represents Yuu's and Touko's love. The front cover of chapter 19 is like a mirror. When one person’s love has blossomed the other person’s love dies. As Yuu's love is blossoming Touko's love will die. Also the name of chapter 19 is mirage, the definition of mirage “an unrealistic hope or wish that cannot be achieved.” Basically, the author is saying that a happy ending will not be achieved that’s what I get from this whole manga. :(

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Right now Yuu is blooming with her love but once a flower has bloomed it shrivels up and dies. I think this is the metaphor for what represents Yuu's and Touko's love. The front cover of chapter 19 is like a mirror. When one person’s love has blossomed the other person’s love dies. As Yuu's love is blossoming Touko's love will die. Also the name of chapter 19 is mirage, the definition of mirage “an unrealistic hope or wish that cannot be achieved.” Basically, the author is saying that a happy ending will not be achieved that’s what I get from this whole manga. :(

Woah ... 3deep5me

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

There are two possible outcomes for this manga:

1. Touko embraces who she is and grows out of the ideal image she has been trying to attain. Thereby changing her definition of love so she can open up to others, be more appreciative of the relationships around her, then come to truly love Yuu and reciprocate her feelings. Change is not easy, so I see this end will also involve both Yuu and Sayaka actively giving Touko the advises and support she needs to move on. Her relationships with both will be more genuine and personal, rather than shallow as they are right now.

2. Touko doesn't change and is forever psychologically damaged. Yuu chooses to stay by her side anyway and is forever emotionally repressed. Sayaka does the same and is forever friendzoned.

Or, the wild card ending: Touko gets Japanese truck'ed like her sister. Yuu x Sayaka endgame.

joined Jun 14, 2013

Who's discrediting her?? I just want her to be gay so we'd get some nice yuri romance with a cool character.

I don't know where you pulled that "discrediting" from, since I never said anything of the sort...

I feel you.

joined Jun 14, 2013

:'( why do I feel like you're gonna be right?!? Spoilers man. For real tho I just gotta keep telling myself to have low expectations and definitely will after your comment. Man I want a good ending but I gotta keep my expectations low for my own good. I don't wanna hurt man. :'(

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

While i do agree with everything you said, i still think we might get some sort of bittersweet (Or sweetbitter like someone else said before) ending. I believe we will see Touko realizing how stupid it is to try to live someone else's life at some point in the story, one of the reasons she doesn't want to be loved is because that would create more pressure on her to live up to that person expectations while still living up to everyone else's. So, yeah, i think this isn't going to be a story where everything is nice and pink, but i also don't think Nakatani would go full Depressing as fuck on the ending.

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 2:56PM

joined May 7, 2011

I think we learned two small, but important bits about Touko and Yuu. First, from Yuu’s friend Natsume, we hear that Yuu has always had pretty muted emotional responses – not crying in victory or defeat. Her not feeling swept off her feet seems like a consistent part of her temperament. Therefore, her expectations from love songs and shojo manga are never going to be met.

Second, Touko’s parents or at least her father think she is pushing herself too hard. They are not the ones pushing her to live her sister’s life. The pressure is all internal. On the other hand, it seems to me that Touko always had the ability to be what she is now. Perhaps, to be cruel, her revered older sister needed to be removed for Touko to reach her potential.

It’s hard for me to guess how Touko will react when she finds out that Yuu is in love with her Sometimes, she acts like she would welcome it, like when she was happy to see Yuu laugh and when she wanted Yuu to kiss her instead of her kissing Yuu. Other times it seems like she would freak out, like during the umbrella sharing. And then that phone call at the end of Chap 19, where what Touko wanted was Yuu’s uncaring response, contrasted with Yuu squirming on her bed in delight.

There is a lot going on in this manga, so much that I’m uncomfortable trying to predict any sort of outcome. I do feel that an end where Touko and Yuu are not together is not guaranteed to be a bad end

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Touko is a fucking psycho.

Run Yuu! Run into Sayaka's arms and never look back!

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Hopefully, after the author has finished with this manga, I would love for Nakatani to make an adult setting manga it would suit his style. I would love characters that are trying to balance work, life and love rather than teenagers. I’m not saying this isn’t an adult themed manga but rather the setting should be around adults. It gives a different type of struggle. He knows how to make a mature style manga about internal conflicts and such.

I guess I want to relate with the characters more (being an adult). I have read too many school themed manga's in my life time.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Nakatani is female, btw. Rather than normal adult life, I kinda want Nakatani to go full psychological fantasy yuri (with adult characters). We don't lack adult yuri manga as much as we lack fantasy yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.