Forum › Online Reader Suggestions for Improvement

Sweet_yuri_avatar_2_by_sapphiresophilia
joined Jan 31, 2013

Ah, alright. I'm not sure if it's the new host, or the new design, or if it's completely unrelated, but It doesn't say how large the file is when I download it, I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Yea that was a server config issue. Its fixed now.

Sweet_yuri_avatar_2_by_sapphiresophilia
joined Jan 31, 2013

thank you <3

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

This isn't an issue with the reader, but the forum index writes timestamps like so: "Posted in X hours ago by username"

I thought this was a typo the first twelve times I read it, and it took me reading the line before that ("started by username," which not all threads have) to realize it was actually giving the time of the most recent post. Maybe change it to "last post: X hours ago by username" or something similar?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

That is supposed to convey that the last post was then instead of when the thread was started. The wording is quite awkward atm, but couldn't think of anything better.

I don't think including a subforum there would add anything but clutter. The title of a thread should already tell you what it generally is about. I'll monitor the situation as we go forward, but I really don't think our forums are active enough to need subforums.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Never mind the subforums things -- that was my mistake. I didn't even see the "started by username" line at first.

Now, yeah, it's just more about the wording. Obviously that's minor, so no worries.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

idolmaster doujin:

[yae] Adolescent Love 1-5 and Haruka and Ami story

http://www.mediafire.com/?nin8bv5m2kc7jzj

joined May 22, 2011

i would like to see every list of titles with their cover images attached.
half of it is because i dont know if i've already read something before by its title alone (whether on this site or another) or im looking for a specific story that i want to re-read that is in my 'already read it list', and the other half is because there are some artstyles that are less likely to suit my tastes so i would prefer to overlook them if im pressed for time. (in my case, the particular titles i want to avoid all have the same extra-generic-cute-look and are usually tagged comedy , since 80% of it has left me displeased/unsatisfied/bored. but i dont want to have to click that 80% in order to locate that 20% that i DO like.)

i would also like to see symbols in all the lists marking out if this story is already in our favorites/to read/ read already lists. i dont want to keep trying to re-add a title to a list not realizing i already added it a year ago. (or even 10 minutes ago when i read 3 pages and knew it was worth adding, and then got to the last page and tried to add it again to make sure i saved it, b/c im an idiot, lol.)

also, im probably alone in its usage, but i want the download page button back, lol.

last edited at Feb 1, 2013 10:18AM

joined Jul 3, 2011

What happened to the link that transitions the last page of the current chapter in a series to the first page of the following chapter?

last edited at Feb 2, 2013 2:41AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

What happened to the link that transitions the last page of the current chapter in a series to the first page of the following chapter?

If you just click to the next page, the reader will automatically advance to the next chapter in the series. Sometimes you have to use the dropdown near the top right to make sure you have the series selected and not the anthology.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Haruka and Hibiki
LIP
http://www.mediafire.com/?x6idxox697fw6sa

Happy Ice Cream
http://www.mediafire.com/?22kyb3lmxapomcd

last edited at Feb 2, 2013 8:40AM

joined Jul 3, 2011

If you just click to the next page, the reader will automatically advance to the next chapter in the series. Sometimes you have to use the dropdown near the top right to make sure you have the series selected and not the anthology.

I see. So the reader doesn't automatically take you to the series version even if you select it from the series page. Okay thanks.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Hello

Is it possible to add Riko to Haru ?

http://fallensyndicate.com/forum/index.php/topic,1057.0.html

There is also, if possible, Ocatve, Voiceful and Prunus girl

Thanks in advance ^^

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Hello

Is it possible to add Riko to Haru ?

http://fallensyndicate.com/forum/index.php/topic,1057.0.html

There is also, if possible, Ocatve, Voiceful and Prunus girl

Thanks in advance ^^

We're likely going to wait with uploading Riko to Haru until YP finishes their version.
As for your other requests: I'm going to start uploading Octave and i've asked permission for prunus girl.
Voiceful we will not be uploading since it's been licensed by Seven Seas.

Thanks for you request~

Shiteatingrin
joined Feb 2, 2013

Figured I might as well upload some doujins straight to dynasty instead of posting them on 4chan.

Mai Hime
Logical Zero - Pops

I'm pretty sure this one is also made by Logical Zero since the art style is the same.
ShizNat - Family

Same artist as Summer Festival
ShizNat - Sleep

Touhou
Pigeonblood - Do You Like Sweet Things
Pigeonblood - Fortune Days
Pigeonblood - The Spring's First

Personal Color - Life at the Shrine + the Kitty
Personal Color - The Circumstances Which Led Her Being Invited to That Room

joined May 17, 2011

I have a question regarding a function missing on the new reading lists. It used to be that once you read an item on the "To Read" list and subsequently marked as a "already read", said item would then disappear from the "To Read" list. This is no longer true. Was this removed on purpose? o simply forgotten? In any case... could you bring it back please >///< ?

FYI: if anybody brought this to your attention before, I'm sorry to repeat the topic. it is just that now there are 7 pages of comments and it is 1.43 am :P

Also, the droid app is not working anymore. Will it ever be fixed?

last edited at Feb 3, 2013 3:45AM

joined Jul 3, 2011

Facepalm scans has a chapter ready for pick up

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Prunus Girl is up, Octave is coming tomorrow.
Stay Tuned~~

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Stay Tuned~~

I miss Stay Tuned...

last edited at Feb 3, 2013 6:44PM

joined May 22, 2011

i also want to be able to favorite authors

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Thank you for adding prunus girl, I had been updating it on my FTP server but that died when the v5 bulk was released and someone rotated the ssh keys.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Also can you make it so that the filesizes are smaller for the mobile site, or have a direct link to the image, so that it doesn't crash as often.

For the mobile site also can you have the loading image be in the center of the image and hide the directional arrows? They get in the way during navigation.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I posted it once and I'll post it again: Please clean up the tags! There are lots of unnecessary tags, for instance, the lots_ of_ whatever tags (no pun intended), the science babies or the first kiss tag. The way it is now, users can even suggest new tags, which is kind of counterproductive.
BTW, the mobile site doesn't have the page selection anymore. I can always change the URL, a less-than-ideal-solution if you don't know the chapter's length.

edit: I just noticed a bug. If you go to a series, the tags won't show up. They'll appear if you switch to another page (apart of the home page) and back to the series. This happens in the mobile site, I don't have access to PC right now.

last edited at Feb 3, 2013 8:44PM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

You can also suggest the removal of tags per series, although this is the right place to suggest the removal of entire tags. Tags certainly are still a bit messy, wouldn't disagree. We'll also consider tag usefulness if someone recommends the removal of a tag from a series/chapter or multiple series/chapters because we'll have to ask ourselves "why is this tagged with this?" and "what purpose does it serve?". So don't be afraid to request addition or removal of tags, we won't hold any of it against you (especially since it's a new system and half of the requests were people just trying it out haha).
I've removed a couple of the lots_of_x tags, leaving us with three total now.
I partially disagree that science babies should be removed. While it serves almost no purpose in describing the chapter/series properly, it's something we find entertaining due to yuri fandom. We'll take it into consideration if the desire to remove it is common enough amongst people or if you can provide a compelling argument for its removal.
I have no control over the mobile site. Omn and harawa have expressed desire to improve the mobile site and app but it's not their top priority.

last edited at Feb 3, 2013 8:50PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

You do have tags like Scat that have no members, you should start by removing those.

To reply you must either login or sign up.