Forum › Posts by xerobahamut

joined May 22, 2011

the title is straightforward about the friend-zoning. not sure why people were so caught off-guard.
maybe throw on an angst tag or something for her silent, unrequited suffering through the whole ordeal lol.

last edited at Mar 18, 2014 10:12AM

joined May 22, 2011

really not sure why people seem to like this one. i simply cannot see the appeal. i want to like it, but when i look for reasons to be able to do so, i come up empty. oh well.

joined May 22, 2011

Hopefully my pessimism isn't leaking out...but after Chapter 8: Complicated Complications, I feel like we're going to have Chapter 9: Sudden Resolution. Hope Tsubomi gets the next one out as quickly as these last few!

Ugh, I smell an ending coming after they resolve the relationship problem. I hope I'm wrong. :|

self-sabotage on the authors part if he ends it that quickly haha... would be a damn shame, too.

xerobahamut
joined May 22, 2011

alright! Takemiya Jin's work is in the list! yahoo!

xerobahamut
joined May 22, 2011

really enjoyed ch.2. looking forward to more like it.

xerobahamut
joined May 22, 2011

right before i came here i was at deviate art's new ' beta dating site' rofl, came here and thought you guys were rolling out the same joke. all i saw was the" desperate and lonely? really don't care about money? dynasty premium!" and then i had to click the banner for the lulz. it was like that ad was written for me

joined May 22, 2011

it seems like fujiwara doesn't really connect the dots between her own impulsive actions and whatever it is she feels awakening as a result of them afterwards. (the last pages of both ch.1.5, and ch .6)
im not convinced that she knows what shes really doing, even if it seems like she does. she has no friends to really talk to, and beyond what shes
and haven't had an sort of defining/major romantic encounter as of yet, and don't really know exactly what they want from each other yet, albeit a kind of 'companionship'.

so my question is:

how much of fujiwara's amorous actions towards yuri are her doing what she thinks yuri wants her to?

fujiwara has spent her whole life fulfilling the desires of others. playing the part that was written for her.
as the ojou-sama for the public.
as the mature, responsible, obedient, dutiful (neglected? unloved? ignored?) daughter for her (dismissive? strict/conventional(traditional)/domineering?) family
and then as the Young Master. whom she found scripted for her after flipping through yuri's copy of the 'Story Ideas', and believing that it was a character based on her and that it was yuri's desires on the page. the whole of chapter 1 & 2 she acted out the role of the young master to a T. (lol it was so brutal.)

and what it is it going to have to take for her to finally be herself? does she even know how to be herself? does she really even know who she is deep down? i feel like she would barely even remember who that is...
with her being as deceptive as she is, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find her lying to herself in more than one matter, despite being so sophisticated a thinker.
if shes doing what it takes to live up to expectations of people shes doesn't even like or care about, what would she be willing to do for someone shes intrigued by? how far would she go?

which buttons do you have to press for her real self to shine through? for the 'good', and the 'bad'.

i would venture to say that her look on the stairwell was something along the lines of asking for honesty. it felt as open/vulnerable as we might ever see someone like fujiwara become, which ain't much. it was a question asking for more than what was said. a question that wanted everything. a question that wanted the truth. especially if it was anything like what she believed it could be, based on the comprehensive possibilities she'd already considered. and note that the the action of pulling yuri's ankle is tied to emotional pain, as the last time she got physical w/ yuri was when she felt she was being ignored. and that kind of pattern has to have roots stemming from somewhere... from something... <3

(i certainly did not detect any jealousy/hatred at all! and i wouldn't go so far as to say she is possessive with only whats happened so far, but it could be in the making. though that would more likely stem from past trauma and fear more than selfishness. and in this case it was)

damn is the guessing game fun!

{[for those that were asking about a similar pairing, their dynamic vaguely (VERY vaguely) reminds me of 'shizuru x natsuki' in the 'mai hime' anime, but i am not endorsing them. i'm assuming it hasn't been seen, so i wont ruin anything. so i will only declare natsuki to be boring as hell in the show, and such a 1 trick pony in the fanmade materials that i want her to die in a fire. but shizuru.... i like shizuru. a lot. (as a part of the non-vanilla interpretation fanbase. more interesting that way.) (mmm drama... my favorite.)
i'd just rather shizuru was fuckin' w/ haruka instead of natsuki. way more of a sparky dynamic there, hehe. and no i don't want to derail this topic into mai hime, so i'll be quiet now. The Garden of Lilies has much more delicious complexity to offer... to savour... lol. brb reading shizxharu ff's. ]}

xerobahamut
joined May 22, 2011

...i almost want to add a sports tag, lol.
chapter 5 felt insincere. i thought for certain lotte's family/situation/background would influence/interfere with her ability to purse romance, or that she might even screw up on stage just by being too close to whats-her-face, the 1-dimensional-chick.
personally i expected a downward spiral after chapter 4's bath scene bs sequence, so i wasn't caught off guard. just disappointed.
-> clarification - a downward spiral in the quality of the storytelling.

last edited at Feb 17, 2013 12:49PM

xerobahamut
joined May 22, 2011

my bud directed me to chapter 9 & 10 translated by anons. i figured i'd share w/ you folks:

ch.09
http://safe.yuriproject.org/res/3277.html#3851
ch.10
http://safe.yuriproject.org/res/4252.html#4387

joined May 22, 2011

this has me holding my breath the same way 'the flower and the star' does

xerobahamut
Dream Story discussion 12 Feb 20:36
joined May 22, 2011

E-chan is awesome XD

joined May 22, 2011

i also want to be able to favorite authors

joined May 22, 2011

i would like to see every list of titles with their cover images attached.
half of it is because i dont know if i've already read something before by its title alone (whether on this site or another) or im looking for a specific story that i want to re-read that is in my 'already read it list', and the other half is because there are some artstyles that are less likely to suit my tastes so i would prefer to overlook them if im pressed for time. (in my case, the particular titles i want to avoid all have the same extra-generic-cute-look and are usually tagged comedy , since 80% of it has left me displeased/unsatisfied/bored. but i dont want to have to click that 80% in order to locate that 20% that i DO like.)

i would also like to see symbols in all the lists marking out if this story is already in our favorites/to read/ read already lists. i dont want to keep trying to re-add a title to a list not realizing i already added it a year ago. (or even 10 minutes ago when i read 3 pages and knew it was worth adding, and then got to the last page and tried to add it again to make sure i saved it, b/c im an idiot, lol.)

also, im probably alone in its usage, but i want the download page button back, lol.

last edited at Feb 1, 2013 10:18AM

xerobahamut
We're Back! 20 Apr 00:31
joined May 22, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/reader/chapters/under_the_ceiling_4#12
Download page isnt working in this chapter, it just redirects to this as a blank white page
http://dynasty-scans.com/reader/download.php?file=%2Freader%2Freleases%2F1423%2Ftenjou114.JPG
but download chapter is working

xerobahamut
We're Back! 15 Apr 06:17
joined May 22, 2011

Albox - Eien o Kaetara ch01: 500-Yen Prince by Hanei Rika
Scanlated by: Futari Wa Pretty Anon
Released on: Feb 19, 2012
http://dynasty-scans.com/reader/chapters/albox_eien_o_kaetara_ch01#1

this whole chapter is down, but all the other chapters after it work just fine.