Forum › This is a Fake discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Clichéd setting, but it's nice, I like nice... Don't you like nice?

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

agree, was cliche; but still LOVE IT, was waiting for this to be translate!!! thank you!!

last edited at Jan 5, 2014 6:16PM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

It was nice. The Cliche is everywhere.

Yuri
joined Dec 11, 2013

I hate how that Senpai says "This form of love always happen a lot in all girls' school" =((. Fortunately. Mei does give her a chance to say her deepest feelings and everything is alright 'til now.

Love Miman's arts, very nice and cute as always xD.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Dear Yuri Goddess,

Please let me know if I could take reality picture with a certain someone like in this manga this year.

Sincerely,
Me.

So much feels. Cries. Heart twists. Oh why. So warm. Such angst. I ..
Senpai was in denial to protect herself, that's sad. Fortunately, kouhai is very positive and quite bold. I love that. >_<

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Nice is good. I like nice.

joined Aug 6, 2013

That ending tho...

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Nice is good. I like nice.

Nice is truly nice, i like it too. I like your nice conversation, it's nice and bright.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm at a loss as to how it's a cliched setting, given that I the only other yuri I can think of with a photography motif would be Maple Love, and the only one I can think of where one of the protagonists thinks it's normal to break up at graduation is First Love Canon, which is from a different point of view. Is it simply because of the setting, or what?

And yes, I like nice. I love nice. I like this manga, it is very nice. If it helps, I am also a fan of happy endings.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I just.. don't find the right words to describe this.. it was just beautiful.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

Meh feels doesn't know the meaning of cliche...

last edited at Jan 5, 2014 9:25PM

joined Jul 17, 2013

Wow, such photo, so yuri, much cute, how cliche

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow, such photo, so yuri, much cute, how cliche

I really hope that all your forum posts are in the doge fashion.

Miman's characters are always cute. Sweet cliche is fine too, so long as it's yuri. I think I lower all my standards just for yuri.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Well that was freaking sad. Even though they made up in the end, I still feel anxious about their relationship's future o.o;

joined Apr 13, 2012

Well that was freaking sad. Even though they made up in the end, I still feel anxious about their relationship's future o.o;

i know what you mean, i still think they will end up breaking up in no time ._.
i liked it, though... it was a nice read (?)

Donte
joined Sep 12, 2013

i know what you mean, i still think they will end up breaking up in no time ._.
i liked it, though... it was a nice read (?)

Yeah that's exactly how I felt when I finished reading it. Then again, who knows?

joined Apr 3, 2013

Considering it was Miman, I totally thought this was going to be some tragic ending. Like, once the sempai graduates, she'll disappear (literally), or they just don't end up together.
Luckily, I was wrong :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought that too, what I liked was the detail with the torn picture in the last page.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Meh feels doesn't know the meaning of cliche...

This. This is why I put up with clichés sometimes.

joined Aug 8, 2013

Is it simply because of the setting, or what?

Apparently the fact that most of these take place in Girl's Schools went by unnoticed until now, because the story isn't clichéd at all. Or it's some game where you are getting banned for not using the word cliché in every post like a parrot with limited vocabulary.

They are fictional, their relationship has no future except for what your imagination conjures up. Which makes the fact that you immediately jump on a bad end freaking sad indeed. That actually is a very cliché thing for a yuri fan to do though.

last edited at Jan 6, 2014 1:12PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

When I said clichéd SETTING, for those who didn't understand, I was reffering to the narrative term "setting" (quoting wikipedia):

"Moment in time and geographic location in which a story takes place, and helps initiate the main backdrop and mood for a story. --- Elements of setting may include culture, historical period, geography, and hour. Along with the plot, character, theme, and style, setting is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction."

Fact, it is clichéd, like it or not... sheesh.

joined Aug 8, 2013

Girls School are a familiar yuri setting. Duh. And this needs to be mentioned in every other post why? Oh look, the sky is blue. Major breakthrough there.

Is this the smug superiority hour? Ohhh, that's sooooo cliché, I'm such a sophisticated, erudite individual because I can recognize the most recurring trope in the genre, give me a fucking break.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Is this the smug superiority hour? Ohhh, that's sooooo cliché, I'm such a sophisticated, erudite individual because I can recognize the most recurring trope in the genre, give me a fucking break.

You are trying to start a fight where there is none, putting words into people's mouths, incase you are directing your comments to me.

Chill.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When I said clichéd SETTING, for those who didn't understand, I was reffering to the narrative term "setting" (quoting wikipedia):

"Moment in time and geographic location in which a story takes place, and helps initiate the main backdrop and mood for a story. --- Elements of setting may include culture, historical period, geography, and hour. Along with the plot, character, theme, and style, setting is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction."

Fact, it is clichéd, like it or not... sheesh.

Given the fact that it's set in a girl's school because that's necessary to the plot, i.e. dealing with the common belief that relationships in girls' schools are of the "lesbian until graduation" sort, then it seems a bit of a stretch to call it clichéd.

Now I can see how you would believe the setting would be overused a bit (although given that a good chunk of the audience in Japan is probably school-aged that's pretty understandable) and I'd agree with that. But in this situation where you can't tell a story about this subject without it, the lable is entirely misplaced.

If anything, I'd say calling things "cliché" on this reader is becoming cliché in itself, in that the word is definitely losing its impact via overuse (not just from you, obviously).

Av
joined Nov 12, 2013

Well I thought it was brilliant.
It fights the idea that yuri relationships are just a passerby experience that happens during school, and is left at that.
But at the same time, it leaves a bit of ambiguity.
I liked it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.