Forum › Golondrina discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

i dont fucking know if this is sports or not i think its kind a illegal outside of spain to say it is

also the main character is gay and the starting point of the series is a breakup with her girlfriend. it aint yuri tho. id rather you not request it to be tagged that.

If it does eventually become focused on it more? Sure, why not.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 1:53PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I've just started reading this now (halfway through third chapter at the moment), and I must say, though the art isn't my usual thing and it actually makes me feel bad for bulls, this is quite an interesting story. I don't know if I approve of her motive, but I'm liking this so far.

Nice upload ^^

That being said, this Maria person really makes me wonder.

last edited at Jun 8, 2014 12:20AM

joined May 11, 2014

Oh great...one of 'Those' manga.

Ones where the guy becomes the love interest over another girl.
You know....the whole "Lets surround the 'Lesbian' with guys" deal. Show her that some guy can surely love you better than the girl that abandoned you.

I can see the ending...and I don't like it. You can as good as put "Het" as a tag at this point.

The old man is quickly becoming my favorite character though.

Hm, after reading the latest chapter it wasn't Sechu like I thought(he's gay? I think? could be Bi.) but that doesn't really matter much. There's no "Romance" tag...Yet...but it's obviously boiling down to 'Het' like I said, I thought that one bullfighting girl might have had some kind of importance but she was there as plot bait.

So in the end it's still like I figured. Girlxgirl start, Girlxguy finish.

Well...unless she actually dies at the end.

I kind of wonder why that even mattered...it could've easily been a guy and still been the same story.

Then again I guess that's the whole point, her sexual preference isn't the point...her journey is. So I'll leave it at that.

last edited at Jan 8, 2015 12:21AM

joined May 11, 2014

That actually matters very little.

I read a manga where the story was literally "Girl falls for other girl and when said girl moves the other Girl follows her literally running away from home to do so."

3 chapters in and she's super straight for the girl's brother(or cousin).

And I'm like...why establish her as gay and then hit me with "Nope Chuck Testa..." cause now she's super duper straight.

My real point is that writers tend to do this alot, more than I'm comfortable with, I'm not some gay rights protester or super LGBT aficionado(if that even makes sense) but to give a character a clear characteristic like saying they're homosexual only to pretend they didn't have that preference down the line without sufficient explanation ESPECIALLY if the plot originally hinged on the fact that they were previously homosexual immediately yanks me out of the story and immediately makes me not care about the story anymore.

Like a genderbender story I read where the guy was turned into a girl and the whole manga he's(she's) chasing after a girl and immediately when it comes down to the chance to be with the girl it changes like "Nope, male best friend route cause...reasons." which leaves me very salty since the explanation is paper thin as to why it happened. The real reasons is "Because...Heterosexuality wins every time." without question or logic.

It's a cheap tactic to get those people who enjoy GirlxGirl relationships then pull the rug from underneath them.

I'll put it like this.

Do I think there NEEDS to BE a new love interest put in? No not really.

But if and WHEN it happens I'm 79% sure it's going to be a male.

All it's going to take is the guy to prove he won't betray her like the girl did and that's all the explanation you're going to get about why she starts falling for him.

last edited at Oct 15, 2015 4:41AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I love Est Em's works and art. Just wanted to say that.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

haha like the last part brothers part :)

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015

My real point is that writers tend to do this alot, more than I'm comfortable with, I'm not some gay rights protester or super LGBT aficionado(if that even makes sense) but to give a character a clear characteristic like saying they're homosexual only to pretend they didn't have that preference down the line without sufficient explanation ESPECIALLY if the plot originally hinged on the fact that they were previously homosexual immediately yanks me out of the story and immediately makes me not care about the story anymore.

I get what you are saying, but, I don´t think that only happens with homosexual relationships. I mean, how many stories are out there in which the main character was heterosexual but a "special person turned out them gay".

In this story, the homosexual character has never shown any love interest in men, so I don´t think we could tell that she is going to fall for a guy. The last chapter has reaffirmed the fact that Chica is not interested in guys.

By other way. Im glad this kind of works exists. I enjoy the fluffy stories about girls love but I also think that it´s important to show up that homosexual people are just as normal as everyone. That they got a life and they live it as everyone else does.

The way the author develops the characters and the story made me feel nostalgic and sad. But the strange thing is that I enjoy those feelings. Some kind of masochist feeling I guess.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

I hope I get to read this to the end. Haven't been so engrossed by manga in so long. This is a good read. I like how much our mc is growing. First she seek death but now she is finding a reason to live without her realising that herself. Olè

joined Feb 14, 2013

There is eventually yuri-ish stuff in it. It blends with the story well, though. I hope I actually get to see this get translated to the fifth volume.

4_2epyfw
joined Feb 21, 2013

The character is lesbian (not yuri) and ends volume 5 a lesbian. If no lesbian / homosexual tag is created for works like this and Gunjo, some of the work from Takemiya-sensei (characters refer to themselves as such even with slang), etc., then yes a yuri tag. I disagree.

Tumblr_nzoo8regve1qagjcno1_540
joined Jan 16, 2016

damn, this story going in my faves folder real quick. i love all of it. ALL.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yeah makes sense. Become a matador that way you can kill yourself, without intentionally killing yourself.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Clicked on this for no reason. Never thought I'd learn a few things again. Now... to wait, I guess.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I don't know what the RAWs say, but the tittle is bad in the chapter 5 http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/010/756/golondrina_v01c06_01.png you should say "enfrente del toro", not "frente del toro". That's a wrong way to say it (I'm native speaker of spanish)

joined Dec 30, 2013

Ya know it's kind of a tease and a bummer the first time Est Em does a manga about a lesbian character, it's not even a yuri title at all.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

To the guy who requested this be uploaded: It was already here, tada.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

this series has such gorgeous art and interesting plot so far. sadly i can't find this series past chapter 18

joined Oct 10, 2016

this series has such gorgeous art and interesting plot so far. sadly i can't find this series past chapter 18

Yea and don't anyone know if it should be "completed", "cancelled" or "abandoned"?

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Amigo

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Can't believe this amazing series is finally back! Thank you, SAD! It is pretty sad that Vol 6 is seemingky never releasing, but I'll savor the series while I can!

I have waited a long time for an update to this.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Let me quote Rayne from Cut.

"NO F*CKING WAY!"
Man, I'm surprised there are those legendary chapters. Who knows, maybe I'll re-add it to my To Read list?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Spanish here, from actual Spain. I'm against bullfighting but I have to endure my father's rambling all day because he's a huge fan.

It is ridiculous how many things this manga got wrong. Not that I'm not used to Japanese authors trying to portray something outside their country and making fools of themselves but this is a new dimension. She did her research, though.

An outsider (a 15 yo lesbian at that) getting into actual bullfighting? Only in manga.
Finishing off bulls just for training? Only in manga.
Getting to debut within months? Only in manga.
Still learning basic concepts close to or after your debut? Only in manga.
Not hearing from bullfighting history when fans and people in the gig like to talk about it more than watching the actual thing? Only in manga.

Now I understand all of this is for the sake of plot but it is as cringy as it can get.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 6:50AM

joined Dec 30, 2013

Man, it's such a tease that we get an infamous BL manga-ka actually doing a series starring a lesbian, and it's not even a yuri title.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Man, it's such a tease that we get an infamous BL manga-ka actually doing a series starring a lesbian, and it's not even a yuri title.

Is she really a lesbian though?
Every sign in the story points that she will get with Vincent and she will get cured of her lesbian phase seeing how volume 3 ended for them and how much the guy wants to fuck her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.