Forum › Zero Distance Sentiment discussion

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

QAQ wha...bu..but.....ok ;-;

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Art's a little to cutesy for my taste but it was good. Don't know where everyone else is coming from but I've always thought bad endings were just as interesting as good endings. And it's not like they all die the next day. In to other works this whole story would be the one of lead's back-stories. "The time when they realized they were gay or whatever." Then it would somehow turn into a love triangle. Probably.

joined Aug 23, 2016

Don't be worry, the blondie will get dumped again and again by men( according to the introduction). Eventually, she'll figure out her friend's love for her, which opens up to many possibilities. So, believe in a bright future.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

What? WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK? FUCKING WHY?

Miss dump-victim.... OPEN YOUR EYES... AND YOUR HEART!!! O_O

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Figured after a lot of rejections I should clear up things on tags here:

Bad End is a joke tag, which as the description says, is not to be used on any other manga other than the one it is currently tagged with. Saying "this has a sad ending" is both a spoiler and overly cautious.

Aaaaaaangst isn't covered by this release either. A typical angsty manga is one with pages upon pages of drawn out loathing, sadness, misery etc, generally over something that could be solved by you know, talking about it. The drama in this release is one page long. It might be sad, but it's just that.

And nah, it's not het. A guy doesn't even show up in it, sad ending might be because she goes off with a guy, but het tag is so misleading.

The sad quality of the last page is covered by the Drama tag. Anything else would be ott.

last edited at Sep 12, 2016 9:25PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

im just gonna pretend this is a prequel to sweet emotion.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Yuri Guy posted:

This works and I love you for it.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Lol if it's not straight up fluff everyone loses their shit here

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ari-chan posted:

There's a difference between "not fluff" and "unhappy ending".

60337920_p6
joined Nov 14, 2014

I'm gonna laugh when this become one of the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! you poor poor soul~

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Aaaaaaangst isn't covered by this release either. A typical angsty manga is one with pages upon pages of drawn out loathing, sadness, misery etc, generally over something that could be solved by you know, talking about it. The drama in this release is one page long. It might be sad, but it's just that.

[my] Suggestion got accepted though. I might be wrong, but I think that one page is enough. Let's take for example this. And things could have turned out differently if there had been a confession, I guess.

And nah, it's not het. A guy doesn't even show up in it, sad ending might be because she goes off with a guy, but het tag is so misleading.

My bad here, I always figured that het was for any heterosexual crush of a yuri girl / a heterosexual relationship. Didn't know a man had to appear physically. I'm not picking hole, but what's the point of het tag then, if It's not used to warn reader about existence of heterosexuality in a yuri story ?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Well, there's a number of het romance stories on the site. Nowhere near as many as yuri obviously, but they do exist. And there are some yuri stories tagged Het or Bisexual, but usually when it plays a larger part in the story, and not just for a sad ending. I wouldn't tag anything that ends in an arranged marriage to a guy as het for instance. This is a release with a larger emphasis on a Het side to it. http://dynasty-scans.com/series/crescent_sweet_honey

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Alright, thanks for highlighting it.
Wouldn't a tag, different from Het, Bissexual and such, warning for the heterosexuality (not necessarily in a love triangle setting) be a good idea. I mean, I do hate (and I can safely state I'm not the only one) wild het girls in my yuri and the bitterness it carries. I believe a non-spoiling tag that could prevent readers from accidentally reading a story including a het girl would be an appreciated plus on our beloved reader. Like Het girl or 0 out of 5 on the yuri scale.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 3:46PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You're starting to get deep into spoiler territory with that, though.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

@Alice Cheshire

Except that this "what an awful story" parade happens in everything but. Sugar coating every story with a happy ending doesn't change reality so it's nice to see an alternate once and a while. Obviously not everyone agrees.

last edited at Sep 15, 2016 1:00AM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Yuri Guy posted:

This works and I love you for it.

I second that! And I just read that for the first time so thank you so much

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

@Alice Cheshire

Except that this "what an awful story" parade happens in everything but. Sugar coating every story with a happy ending doesn't change reality so it's nice to see an alternate once and a while. Obviously not everyone agrees.

That, and a lot of people don't understand that not liking something doesn't automatically mean that thing is bad.

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

What. The. Fuck.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

@Alice Cheshire

That, and a lot of people don't understand that not liking something doesn't automatically mean that thing is bad.

Always annoys me, too. There's a lot of stuff I like that's complete crap, and there's some really good stuff that I can't stand. (House of Sand and Fog, I 'm looking at you.)

I thought this was a good story. Author clearly wrote it with an objective in mind, and it looks like they successfully achieved that objective.

I do kinda wonder how the "OMG THIS IS TEH SUX! IT IS TEH WROST EVAR!" crowd vs. the "Not all stories need a happy ending" crowd breaks down vis-a-vis age and romantic experience. I've got a fair few miles (romantic and otherwise) under my belt, and I...well, "enjoyed" is probably the wrong word, but I appreciated this story and thought it was effective. I couldn't handle a steady diet of it, but the occasional unhappy ending makes the happy endings in other stories feel that much sweeter.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 10:43AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

AAAAAAAGGGGSSSST

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It's really hard if the person you love is one of your best friends, can't let them go or have them the way you want because you're always with them

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I hope someone will translate this one by the same author.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=58629206

Still hoping someone will translate it. It seems like it has a nicer ending than this one.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 6:57AM

TheYuriTomboy
4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

what the fuck kind of shitty ass plot twist ending is that. fuck this shit to hell bro i’m done

To reply you must either login or sign up.