Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

this whole chapter was sorta like "but i thought we already knew that?" It should have come waaay before and I think Washio's feelings were already pretty clear. This chapter didn't really reveal anything new.

Kootoka is still best girl. She's misguided, petty and the way she's handling the issues is just one giant trainwreck, but she's by far the most interesting character. I hope she gets her good end (which means getting together with Tsukasa :P). Nothing against Washio, but I still don't really understand why she's attracted to Kootoka. Kootoka hasn't really been anything, but pretty horrible to Washio. They also don't really have as much chemistry together compared to Kootoka/Tsukasa or Washio/Tsukasa.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I like this manga but I'm glad that it only has 2 volumes if I understood correctly.

Baka-updates has it listed at 4 volumes and ongoing, have plenty of more Aaaaaangst to go.

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 7:32PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cannibal posted:

I like this manga but I'm glad that it only has 2 volumes if I understood correctly.

Baka-updates has it listed at 4 volumes and ongoing, have plenty of more Aaaaaangst to go.

Oh! yes that was my mistake, it actually has 4 but this chapter 14 is part of the last volume so... We don't have much left.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Cannibal posted:

Oh! yes that was my mistake, it actually has 4 but this chapter 14 is part of the last volume so... We don't have much left.

.... Unless volume 4 has a total of 6 chapters, which I highly doubt, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

lt.tibbles posted:

Cannibal posted:

.... Unless volume 4 has a total of 6 chapters, which I highly doubt, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet.

Chapter 14 is one of the 5 chapters in this last volume http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch14#5
I feel a liiiiiiittle sorry for those who couldn't stand that this conflict wasn't solved within 10 chapters and dropped early... But just a tiny bit.

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 9:00PM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Chapter 14 is one of the 5 chapters in this last volume http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch14#5
I feel a liiiiiiittle sorry for those who couldn't stand that this conflict wasn't solved within 10 chapters and dropped early... But just a tiny bit.

Where did you read it ends in this volume? It's in its 20th (5th volume) chapter already.

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 9:12PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Asukaori posted:

Where did you read it ends in this volume? It's in its 20th (5th volume) chapter already.

Ugghh... really? I keep making mistakes, then I guess I should lay back and prepare for the aaanngssst, it's gonna be a loong ride.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I think my expectations were a bit high... I thought Washio's side would a bit deeper or convoluted than this. Instead it seems unfairly vanilla for the last perspective reveal.

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 10:40PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Hey, Takoyaki Shirt Kid Guy makes another appearance! Still convinced that he is actually Kotooka, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens! Probably for a ridiculously long time since it's one of those overblown drama series, but... eh, I still enjoy it.

joined May 7, 2015

I don't want any more angst. All I want from the characters is showing me everything behind the scene and making some progress. That's why I liked this chapter.

After all, it seems Washio's love has the clearest (sexual) desire and the most active side. Considering her nerdy and introspective side, it makes her character somewhat interesting, as a character who's most likely to have the gentlest and passive love. As she mentioned at last, she 'even get lost in it'. Kotooka isn't that case, Tsukasa neither. I think this fact is going to trigger some significant event.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I just can't love Washio. She is the kind of person I dislike. I want Tsukasa and Kotoka together.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I think my expectations were a bit high... I thought Washio's side would a bit deeper or convoluted than this. Instead it seems unfairly vanilla for the last perspective reveal.

You sum up pretty much what I think about this.

Although I do have another thought which is LOVE ME WASHIO! LOVE ME!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Even the Washio chapter had me like, loving Kotooka even more than Washio. That whole I need to be normal moment really hit me in the gut

This chapter was cute and did tear me away from my Kotooka/Tsubasa ship for a moment, but I was expecting something a bit more. This chapter would've been better a little earlier on in the series while we were still being introduced to characters, i think

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I just can't love Washio. She is the kind of person I dislike.

Yes, I mean: "I want to keep caring for her." What a monster would say something like that? Absolutely terrible.

I hope we get her perspective on more recent events, 'cause all of the old stuff doesn't seem all that relevant any more, especially after the end of the previous chapter.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I just can't love Washio. She is the kind of person I dislike.

Yes, I mean: "I want to keep caring for her." What a monster would say something like that? Absolutely terrible.

I hope we get her perspective on more recent events, 'cause all of the old stuff doesn't seem all that relevant any more, especially after the end of the previous chapter.

I actually get why Washio is disliked: it's almost like she's just too perfect. At that age, we want our kids to be imperfect with flaws where they actually learn from things. Washio really has nothing to learn from. She's not taking any chances. She's just laying back and observing. At least Tsukasa tried going out with a guy. And Kotooka thinks she can change herself if she finds the right guy.

They're bumbling about and making mistakes which reflects the rest of us and that's why we like them.

But... we still don't know a whole hell of a lot about Washio. She may come to surprise people, yet.

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

So after reading this chapter (14) I'm convinced that Kotooka is takoyaki boy.

I mean, she's REALLY girly, like super girly. It wouldn't be that far a stretch that the reason she is as girly as she is is because she used to be very tomboyish, like even when they first met her hair was short. So I'm thinking that junior high was when she made the decision to change herself (as most of them did) and become more normal.

Not only that but she even said she wanted to finally be "normal", that could be interpreted a few ways. But after seeing that and then the fact that takoyaki boy had blonde hair, I leaning more towards Kotooka.

Still keen on Washio x Tsukasa tho

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Washio's love is pure, very pure. To the extent that she just wants to treasure it for the brief moment in time it exist. I feel her pain.
I'm not entirely sure where the author is going with this. But it's very real world like in the doubts and pain one feels when becoming aware of your true feelings inside yourself.

Subaru is the most refreshing character so far. He accepts how he feels about cross dressing and his sister, and so far, he's okay with it. He's not trying to purge himself of these feelings and become "normal".

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I don't think Kotooka is takoyaki boy.
Mostly because Washio moved here just before Junior high from a distant village. And there were no people there her age
And she met takoyaki boy in grade school.
Seems the time lines don't match up for it to happen.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I don't think Kotooka is takoyaki boy.
Mostly because Washio moved here just before Junior high from a distant village. And there were no people there her age
And she met takoyaki boy in grade school.
Seems the time lines don't match up for it to happen.

Could have happened during a summer or something where Takoyaki boy (potentially Kotooka) was in the village temporarily for a family visit/ vacation. It would make sense why he would be her 1st crush because it's the first time she interacted with someone around her age.

joined May 7, 2011

This chapter made me feel that Washio is a little too cool. She has pretty strong emotions, but doesn't let them show. There's a hint that she may think her feelings for Kotooka are just a typical teenage crush (pseudo-romance specific to adolescence , to quote another manga) and that she will just enjoy them until they fade away. After all she has already had one crush that has faded. She has no intention of telling Kotooka. Also she apparently has no clue about Tsukasa's feelings for her. If she does, then telling Tsukasa about her crush on Kotooka seems quite cruel.

In any case, we all need to remember that these are 13-14 year old kids. This is their first experience with love, which is confusing enough in simple cases and this is anything but simple. If this was realistic, it would end in a train wreck with at least some characters becoming a little more mature. In my limited experience, I don't know anybody that got together in Middle school and remained together for the rest of their lives.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That takoyaki person is so a Chekhov's gun. It's been mentioned too often for it to not be someone we know.

And it's probably Tsukasa, with her habit of collecting food themed items.

joined Feb 15, 2013

It's normal for kids to wear childish shirt through? And they mostly are bought by parents anyway? It seems like a Chekhov gun for sure, but it is really weak.

I still can't see myself behind anyone but Kotooka in this manga. Her desire to be "normal" and struggle over her feelings were too great for it not to deserve a happy ending.

I means for how long has she been struggling to come to term with her sexuality? Staying behind in an empty classroom watching the girl she loves from afar after class? Being weighted down by the knowledge of her friend secret, and try to keep it away from stumbling down?

She was full of contradiction of course. But that own contradiction was destroying her from all side and leave her no room to escape

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

It's normal for kids to wear childish shirt through? And they mostly are bought by parents anyway? It seems like a Chekhov gun for sure, but it is really weak.

Come on... "his" face is hidden... He's been mentioned 2 or 3 times already.

And you know how Japanese are with first loves. Something like fate or somesuch.

In this triangle, I think it likely that Kotooka is the one who going to end up alone.

Washio gets along really well with Tsukasa.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

That takoyaki person is so a Chekhov's gun. It's been mentioned too often for it to not be someone we know.

And it's probably Tsukasa, with her habit of collecting food themed items.

Yeah I was wondering that, considering how tomboyish Tsukasa was and the food items thing. But it also feels a bit too obvious, and I'm thinking, there's no way that Washio didn't recognise Tsukasa... right?

Edit: I also realised that the Takoyaki guy has light hair, so if it's someone we know, it's more likely to be Kotooka or god forbid, Asakura.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 11:14AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Come on... "his" face is hidden... He's been mentioned 2 or 3 times already.

And you know how Japanese are with first loves. Something like fate or somesuch.

In this triangle, I think it likely that Kotooka is the one who going to end up alone.

Washio gets along really well with Tsukasa.

I will bet against that prediction.

I will say that it's 75% gonna be open end/ ambiguous ending bs. And 25% it will involve Kotooka. More likely with Tsukasa, but there is a chance of Washio.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 1:56PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.