ForumNews Tracer Confirmed To Have A Girlfriend In Overwatch 'Reflections'

Balrogwink
joined May 2, 2013

PharMercy is not actually a sunk ship. Not yet. See https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752526919?page=2#post-26

Also dear god Torbjorn why you have so many kids.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Since some people was asking if Tracer is lesbian or bi they decided to answer on Twitter.

For those who have asked specifically, Tracer identifies as a lesbian.

Just like when Dumbledore was revealed to be gay, I expect that some butthurt idiots will try to argue that just because the creators said it that doesn't mean she's really a lesbian, somehow. lol

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 1:20AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Since some people was asking if Tracer is lesbian or bi they decided to answer on Twitter.

For those who have asked specifically, Tracer identifies as a lesbian.

Just like when Dumbledore was revealed to be gay, I expect that some butthurt idiots will try to argue that just because the creators said it that doesn't mean she's really a lesbian, somehow. lol

I don't get these comments

"I felt awful since the reveal bcs u horribly stereotyped Tracer based on her looks&personality, as someone who looks similar..
..and it feels horrible to be reduced to a stereotype based on how u look/act esp since its so common. There were tears.

..so thanks for making me feel like I don't exist/don't matter. Happy holidays to you, mine feel less cheerful thanks to this"

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

"I felt awful since the reveal bcs u horribly stereotyped Tracer based on her looks&personality, as someone who looks similar..
..and it feels horrible to be reduced to a stereotype based on how u look/act esp since its so common. There were tears.

..so thanks for making me feel like I don't exist/don't matter. Happy holidays to you, mine feel less cheerful thanks to this"

Since they specifically solely mention their own appearance in relation to Tracer, it's probably a straight girl with a similar appearance to Tracer who has been stereotyped as gay based on her looks/attitude alone. I'm guessing they're saddened that it's erasing the existence of straight tomboys so Blizzard made them feel like "they don't exist/don't matter."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's possibly the most "straight dude pretending to be a girl for trolling purposes" comment I've ever seen.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I especially like the "I was hyped to see the LGBT character being outed, but NOT THAT ONE, DAMN YOU !"

Feels like another level of "I'm cool with gay people as long as it's not my kids !" -.-

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

That's possibly the most "straight dude pretending to be a girl for trolling purposes" comment I've ever seen.

Tbh this is what I thought too, but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt at least.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is ironic because I bet this guy is one those people who think all feminists are fat, have weirdly colored hair and are man-hatersx100.

Not to mention, if they wanted a stereotype they'd have picked the most butch member of the cast, Zarya, rather than the pixie.

Nezchan Moderator
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's going to be a while before I get tired of these

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Best part is anybody who got this genuinely upset by this news during Christmas because they want to keep their waifu probably deserved to have a not-so-happy Christmas to begin with, while everybody else treats it like a Christmas present. Win-win. You did good Blizz.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

tfw you want to have a gay pride parade inside the vatican.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I was really happy with how it was done. While I know people love their ships, I personally liked how it wasn't all incestuous and how it showed all the characters of Overwatch having actual lives outside Overwatch.

I'm hoping for more information on DVA, Symmetra, Lucio and Mei soon. They haven't gotten too much yet in the backstory compartment.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Chikaon posted:

I was really happy with how it was done. While I know people love their ships, I personally liked how it wasn't all incestuous and how it showed all the characters of Overwatch having actual lives outside Overwatch.

I'm hoping for more information on DVA, Symmetra, Lucio and Mei soon. They haven't gotten too much yet in the backstory compartment.

The Chinese new year is the perfect chance for that! Also, there won't be a Valentine's event

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The Chinese new year is the perfect chance for that! Also, there won't be a Valentine's event

Yesss I am hoping for super bomb ass legendary skins for Mei and DVA. While Santa Mei is cute, it's not too different from her normal skin.

joined Aug 19, 2012

I thought they would've just assign a token gay side character, but it turns out to be the most iconic one in the series. Pretty good

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 4:21PM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Can I just say I really like that her girlfriend is a civilian?

Also, I doubt canon will really stop pairing fanart and stories any more than it does with any other series or game.

:D Oh you got that right. Fanfics won't ever die!

Oc%20sketchdump%2012
joined Jun 24, 2013

at least all the butthurt kids on the overwatch forums are being heavily downvoted ( '_')b shows that the community isn't total cancer

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Late here but want to say I'm happy that Tracer is gay. I hope more video games would start to make more gay characters, and maybe a openly pride gay protagonist.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

idc widowtracer forever <3

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Late here but want to say I'm happy that Tracer is gay. I hope more video games would start to make more gay characters, and maybe a openly pride gay protagonist.

Y'know it's funny you say that. I see comments EVERYWHERE from kids saying something similar to "If you're mad about a character's sexual orientation you're an idiot, but if you're HAPPY about it you're also an idiot!" And I just don't get that, especially if it helps you better identify with the character, or gives positive representation to a group looking for acceptance.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you own a PS4 give The Last of Us a try and make sure to play the DLC.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

themusicman500 posted:

Y'know it's funny you say that. I see comments EVERYWHERE from kids saying something similar to "If you're mad about a character's sexual orientation you're an idiot, but if you're HAPPY about it you're also an idiot!" And I just don't get that, especially if it helps you better identify with the character, or gives positive representation to a group looking for acceptance.

People have generally been extremely stupid about the entire situation. On another forum I frequent the thread on this was full of people stating how much they didn't care then going on to show that they actually did by arguing with people over it. Apparently when something isn't normalized you shouldn't make a big deal of it until it is normalized, which kinda defeats the entire purpose since it can't become normalized otherwise. Not that Blizzard actually made a big deal out of it in the first place. All things considered it was a fairly minor part of the comic and they couldn't have really made less of of a big deal about it than they did.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Blizzard did make a big deal out of it, they're been teasing a gay character since the game launched in the first place. They've made sure people were aware of it and even made another announcement not long before the reveal.

It's true that the reveal itself was done in a surprisingly low-key way, but Blizz made damn sure there was buzz beforehand.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Blizzard did make a big deal out of it, they're been teasing a gay character since the game launched in the first place. They've made sure people were aware of it and even made another announcement not long before the reveal.

It's true that the reveal itself was done in a surprisingly low-key way, but Blizz made damn sure there was buzz beforehand.

I think a lot of company's do this because they kind of fear the backlash, like they feel that people need to be prepared or else they might lose business. It's a pretty shitty cycle for sure though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.