Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

majere said, "Heteronormativity ruins everything"

So true! Guess it adds drama now and then.
Like this series. Like the drama. Or else everything is just 1 chapter short stories with no expectations. Think of it as dinner. Instead of someone slapping a protein down and some water, you get nice atmosphere, several good appetizers, something good to drink, your main course, and desert.
I like this story because it's giving me a lot of things to enjoy and process. But it better finish spectacularly.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 12:56PM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

People are so into Tsukasa and Nadeshiko but that only leaves more space for me on the Tsukasa and Mikage train. <3

Please take my ticket, as I am also on this train

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Gotta admit, Asakura is a refreshing change for a guy in a yuri manga, most of the times I've seen, they're just used by the author to be the dickish/abusive ex or something like that, so it's nice to see a guy who is actually kind and dealing with issues of his own if this latest chapter is anything to go by.

Parseewtc
joined Jul 6, 2016

I'm mildly impressed but worried by this so far. It's hinted at having a somewhat "real" story and delving into queerness a bit, especially with the brother character. It's subtle but compared to the way most works address a crossdresser, Subaru seems to have a bit more going on than 'lol siscon lol pretty clothes', I could see this going in an awkward 'the-mangaka-doesnt-understand-but-tries' trans-ish direction more than most otokonoko manga at the moment.

Best case scenario, this plays out with poly end for the main 3, trans/het end for the other two. Worst case is, well, what everyone here is already expecting. I can't say I have a lot of hope either, but speculatively I'm giving it a chance atm. Especially since the mangaka has literally no apparent record besides this one to compare to.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That his selfish reason to persuaded Tsukasa to reject Asakura.

I wish the other girls were as selfish as him

joined Oct 8, 2016

Just get Shiratori together with the guy and end the game. He seems like a nice guy too.

Yikes, a lot of people are reading this for yuri not for het end.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I'm mildly impressed but worried by this so far. It's hinted at having a somewhat "real" story and delving into queerness a bit, especially with the brother character. It's subtle but compared to the way most works address a crossdresser, Subaru seems to have a bit more going on than 'lol siscon lol pretty clothes', I could see this going in an awkward 'the-mangaka-doesnt-understand-but-tries' trans-ish direction more than most otokonoko manga at the moment.

Best case scenario, this plays out with poly end for the main 3, trans/het end for the other two. Worst case is, well, what everyone here is already expecting. I can't say I have a lot of hope either, but speculatively I'm giving it a chance atm. Especially since the mangaka has literally no apparent record besides this one to compare to.

I think Subaru's sister complex is just a way to hide his actual preferences. It won't be out of place to think that he's forcing himself to think that he likes his sister just to hide the fact that he's into guys. Heck, it's almost this series theme so far, hiding your true feelings because of the fear of neglection. He's the most interesting character in the series so far, so i hope he's not just your average creepy dude in romantic comedy mangas.

joined Apr 24, 2015

People are so into Tsukasa and Nadeshiko but that only leaves more space for me on the Tsukasa and Mikage train. <3

Please take my ticket, as I am also on this train
Me to mikage x tsukasa all day

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I began to wonder which character was trying their hardest to suppress their innermost feelings?
While I was tempted to say Subaru, I thought that he's actually acting on some of his feelings at least.
I decided it was Kotooka. Because it just seems that she's acting in a way to seem "normal", trying to get Tsukasa to hurry up and date guys, so she can give up her feelings. It comes across to me as the saddest situation of the bunch. She's trying to act in a way to basically lie to herself, and others, about what's truly in her heart. Whereas Nadeshiko just hides behind indifference. And Tsukasa gets caught up in the flow, wanting to hide her heart.
So I feel most sorry for Katooka.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 6:33PM

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Wow talk about being pushy as hell.

I know they are her friends. But it's almost like shoving that guy her throat -_-

Yuri at this point is non existent. Very few actual character development and it was only of glasses guys. Most of jokes fell flat and were cringeworthy.

It just made me sad now that i think how good chapter 1 was. But author uses the cheap and unoriginal way to continue the story by introducing the guy and then making her friends to make the girl liking the guy to this point of forcing.

This chapter: 3/10

If someone out there is waitig for a good love triangle manga, don't get your hope up. Certainly not with this one.

If you're so dissapointed with the series just drop it, don't judge the work of people :P

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

I began to wonder which character was trying their hardest to suppress their innermost feelings?
While I was tempted to say Subaru, I thought that he's actually acting on some of his feelings at least.
I decided it was Kotooka. Because it just seems that she's acting in a way to seem "normal", trying to get Tsukasa to hurry up and date guys, so she can give up her feelings. It comes across to me as the saddest situation of the bunch. She's trying to act in a way to basically lie to herself, and others, about what's truly in her heart. Whereas Nadeshiko just hides behind indifference. And Tsukasa gets caught up in the flow, wanting to hide her heart.

kootoka indeed.
in tsukasa's side, I feels she like giving up her love to washio too.

on the contrary, the one who trying hardest to make her love comes true is Washio. seems like she never give up with Kotooka even kotooka dating many guys and worse of it, bragging her boyfriends to washio. It is really become hell if Kotooka know Washio has feeling for her too.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 10:26PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

If you're so dissapointed with the series just drop it, don't judge the work of people :P

I'm not the only one though. But still even if i hate a manga, i still try to read it to end just for the heck of it.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

kootoka indeed.
in tsukasa's side, I feels she like giving up her love to washio too.

on the contrary, the one who trying hardest to make her love comes true is Washio. seems like she never give up with Kotooka even kotooka dating many guys and worse of it, bragging her boyfriends to washio. It is really become hell if Kotooka know Washio has feeling for her too.

Is she really trying though? I wouldn't call waiting on the sidelines trying. She's the only character who knows what she wants to do with her feelings, but she's hardly doing anything to actually convey them.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I know they are her friends. But it's almost like shoving that guy her throat -_-

Yuri at this point is non existent. Very few actual character development and it was only of glasses guys. Most of jokes fell flat and were cringeworthy.

It just made me sad now that i think how good chapter 1 was. But author uses the cheap and unoriginal way to continue the story by introducing the guy and then making her friends to make the girl liking the guy to this point of forcing.

If someone out there is waitig for a good love triangle manga, don't get your hope up. Certainly not with this one.

Um, isn't your whole response judging his post? Or is it okay to be judgmental of certain forms of expression?

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

This is going in circles my gosh. Wake me up when something happens, please :/

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Please time skip 10 years and just show us the polyamory already.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 11:25PM

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I'm sorry for disagreeing because i love it too much. 10/10 manga for me

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

the brother's "ohh shit" face though

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 11:41PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Hmmmmm. It stopped before I could make this comment but.....wouldn't it be interesting if Tsukasa ended up liking Kyousuke? And then Washio turned around and ended up liking Tsukasa because she accepted her for everything? and then Kootoha ended up liking Washio? But now it went back to Tsukasa being content for now so things have stabilized again. Also brother is giving me more than siscon vibes. I feel like he has more to him underneath than just siscon. Incest would be too predictable since they're already calling him a siscon but maybe...? For now I love all the development. How each one is watching each other and how things are shifting is different and unexpected directions.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So... Nothing interesting happened... Again. A thing that bothered me about this chapter was, why did Tsukasa said that glasses guy made her feel something only Washio have ever made her feel and then she goes and turns him down? Isn't it better to explore those new feelings since you're pretty certain your old feelings aren't reciprocated?

Hmmmmm. It stopped before I could make this comment but.....wouldn't it be interesting if Tsukasa ended up liking Kyousuke? And then Washio turned around and ended up liking Tsukasa because she accepted her for everything? and then Kootoha ended up liking Washio? But now it went back to Tsukasa being content for now so things have stabilized again. Also brother is giving me more than siscon vibes. I feel like he has more to him underneath than just siscon. Incest would be too predictable since they're already calling him a siscon but maybe...? For now I love all the development. How each one is watching each other and how things are shifting is different and unexpected directions.

No, it wouldn't be interesting at all. We would be going in circles and never actually going anywhere in terms of storytelling.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Nooooo!!! Give up please! Let this crap be over with!

I'm starting to get the impression that this Asakura crap is not just an arc or some shit but rather the entire deal of this manga

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

So... Nothing interesting happened... Again. A thing that bothered me about this chapter was, why did Tsukasa said that glasses guy made her feel something only Washio have ever made her feel and then she goes and turns him down? Isn't it better to explore those new feelings since you're pretty certain your old feelings aren't reciprocated?

I think she was happy being liked rather than actually liking him.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 12:08AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

You know, I actually get excited seeing an update to this, hoping we'll get some progress only to be disappointed...

joined Jun 19, 2016

Oh yes... the drama of this series is simply delicious.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I think Kyousuke's character is being used to force Tsukasa into action and as a result, pushes Kotooka towards some sort of edge, which would only make Washio worry for her even more. He's... basically there just to get some sort of plot rolling along, in my opinion. I don't mind him being there because he's indirectly helping Tsukasa grow and figure out her own feelings.

To reply you must either login or sign up.