Forum › You Are Mine discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm not a fan of this trope. If you know someone likes you and you feel the same way it's kind of shitty to just let them wallow in uncertainty when you could just make a move yourself.

joined Jan 31, 2013

it's kind of shitty to just let them wallow in uncertainty

And not just for a month or a few years, but for WHOLE TEN years. This is borderline sadism. I feel sorry for the manager for being in love with this person for so long ...

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Another leave it to your imagination ending....
Oh well,not bad.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh, I think my comment got eaten. I guess it's because I wrote it using the "start new topic" form because there were no other comments at the time, but by the time I clicked submit, the topic had already been created? That kind of sucks. Oh well.

I was just also saying that this whole game of "I know she likes me, and I like her too, but instead of saying anything I'm just going to deliberately date (pretend to date?) a bunch of shitty guys and get frustrated when she doesn't take advantage of me when I'm drunk and vulnerable" she's playing is absurd. Like, the manager doesn't even know that dating her is an option for you, she's totally convinced that you're straight. You aren't going to disabuse her of this notion by telling her about all the guys you've dated and how low your standards are when it comes to men. And telling her that you can't be her soulmate unless the feelings are mutual is a great way to push her into giving up and moving on, too.

If you want someone to play out your fantasy with you, then you have to actually show them the script. You can't just expect them to play along perfectly and then get mad when they have no idea what you're doing, especially when the problem is that they respect you TOO MUCH.

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 8:42AM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

poor manager, ten years, man thats a long time

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's true that it seems absurd to string someone along for 10 years, but we have incomplete information. Ai clearly has some issues of her own, or she would've resolved the situation. I think her mention of her lack of "appeal" or "womanly charm" or whatever is not just a passing comment, and represents a deep insecurity of hers.

Perhaps she's waiting for Yuuko to make a move because she's afraid of being rebuffed. Ai suspects or is even convinced that Yuuko loves her, but she is psychologically unable to be proactive because of her unreasonable fear of rejection. Even if the past relationships she has had were less significant to her than her love for Yuuko, the way the ended may have been very painful to her, contributing to a sense that she cannot open herself without being hurt. She is so paralyzed that all she can do is wait and passive-aggressively blame her own inaction on Yuuko.

I don't know if this is really what the story is about. It's just one explanation that would account for the maintenance of such an unstable status quo.

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 8:59AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, I think my comment got eaten. I guess it's because I wrote it using the "start new topic" form because there were no other comments at the time, but by the time I clicked submit, the topic had already been created? That kind of sucks. Oh well.

Each story automatically creates a topic in the forum when you use the comment button on the upper right of each story page. Each future comment using the same method gets added to the existing topic linked to the story.

The "Start new topic" button in the forum is for starting a new discussion not linked to the manga page. So if you wanted to start a "Can someone help me find this manga?" or one devoted to a series we don't host, that's how you do it.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Just... just FUCKING TELL HER

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Quite weird ending......

joined Aug 1, 2013

I'm not a fan of this trope. If you know someone likes you and you feel the same way it's kind of shitty to just let them wallow in uncertainty when you could just make a move yourself.

While still dating other people too.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Each story automatically creates a topic in the forum when you use the comment button on the upper right of each story page. Each future comment using the same method gets added to the existing topic linked to the story.

The "Start new topic" button in the forum is for starting a new discussion not linked to the manga page. So if you wanted to start a "Can someone help me find this manga?" or one devoted to a series we don't host, that's how you do it.

I know. What I meant was, I clicked the comment button on the story when there were no comments, which gave me the "start a new topic" prompt as usual, but by the time I finished writing, someone else had already commented first, thus creating the default discussion thread for the story, and instead of adding my comment to the existing thread, it appears to have treated it as a conflicting "first" comment, and disappeared into the void.

joined Jan 16, 2016

Hrm... kinda reminds me of another manga of this sort.
Though the other started pretty much with "You dated all these guys just to get my attention? Well have fun, I find someone else and don't want to see you ever again"

Trying to seduce her to make the first step is one thing. Dating other people just to make her jealous... well it makes you hope that a third person comes into the story and snatches the manager away.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^ The girl who made the manager wait for ten years is still a horrible person nonetheless.

joined Jun 14, 2013

Perfect example of a shitty work. By how the plot was. A decade of waiting. Jesus.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I love how the exposition on page 20 was so expository she actually used speech bubbles instead of thoughts

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

My first instinct was to hate this story because Ai was so dumb/crazy that she didn't make a move for 10 years. But tbh, it's entirely possible she really doesn't know her feelings are reciprocated and she thinks she'll be rejected, so she just dates guys to try to hide it, while fantasizing just like Yuuko was.

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Mmmm I like the story, yeah the friend is a shitty one but if the story would had another view point we didn' hate the friend, she's innmature for doing that but I like the story anyway

Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

Why didn't she- what the fuck?

joined Aug 4, 2014

I was happy to see some adult yuri here but that was the biggest disappointment since election day.

So blonde chick deep down thinks her lesbian friend is her soulmate but that doesn't stop her from banging with some losers for entire decade and then whining about it and baiting her friend with some crap. Of course in the end lesbian is a jerk for not playing along this BS.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

i also had this reaction

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

i also had this reaction

same. this wasn't even a miscommunication... it's a refusal to communicate >_>

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

While still dating other people too.

exactly. So she dates random guys and breaks up with them just so she gets her friend to comfort her? Sounds like she's just using her and wasting everyone's time. But somehow the other girl is the the stupid & dense one.....

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Tbh, I had to cringe, but I also had to admit to a happy feeling.

1. My cringe came from this long awaited feeling they both mutually had, but never had the "yolo" feel to give in to eachother. I also can relate to this...but I soon told her I liked her. Yay. Nay.

2. Happy feeling...well because I'm glad it wasn't one-sided love. As well as ai making a move to hopefully close the distance, but thanks to cliff-hangers we won't know the outcome. HAAAAA...Ha. cries

3. There is no 3. Or is it 4 now... You see what I mean by CLIFF-HANGERS!

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well I guess they confess to each other at the seafood restaurant. Yay happy ending. Now leave it alone.

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 9:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.