Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

I could swear I already read exactly this chapter around a year ago. every last detail I did already know. I don´t know if there were more but this was already posted. Maybe this is just a better or newer translation since the other was dropped but there is definitively no mistake here.

i felt the same too until I read Faust comment. Released date for chapter 1, kinda throw me off.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

My honest thoughts on chapter 1 right now:

WTF?!!!!!!!

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!! I CAN'T DECIDE WHO I LIKE THE MORE AS PAIRING?!!!!

Loved chpater. Now onto chapter 2!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

My thoughts on chapter:

Not as interesting as chapter 1.

But the end. There was no and I absolutely mean NO need for adding another love interest esp. a boy esp. with stupid glasses.

If she dated him, i will already lose my interest in the story. I mean its too cliche if she accepts him saying "i did that to fill the gap of my heart."

I will be like:

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 2:15PM

joined Sep 19, 2015

You know, stupid theory, but perhaps Tsukasa was that takoyaki shirt wearing "boy" that Washio fell in love with? Kotooka did mention that she looked a lot like a boy in the past... I don't think they even went to the same grade school, but, yeah, that's why this is a stupid theory.

Hey it's not a stupid theory it's a very manga-theory, I was wondering the same thing lol

Not only does it make sense from a Chekhov's Gun standpoint, that's definitely within the realm of possibility for someone with a pillow like http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch02#13 .

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

You know, stupid theory, but perhaps Tsukasa was that takoyaki shirt wearing "boy" that Washio fell in love with? Kotooka did mention that she looked a lot like a boy in the past... I don't think they even went to the same grade school, but, yeah, that's why this is a stupid theory.

Hey it's not a stupid theory it's a very manga-theory, I was wondering the same thing lol

Not only does it make sense from a Chekhov's Gun standpoint, that's definitely within the realm of possibility for someone with a pillow like http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch02#13 .

For extra cliche points by the time this is revealed Tsukasa needs to have a crush on someone else so that when Washio finds it out and develops interest in her, the narrative can keep up the unrequited love dodecahedron.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

definitely looking forward to this manga!

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

man, that relationship chart. Hetero incest AND yuri, and seeing that hachimitsu picked this, the brother probably crossdresses as the sister, and he's the reason glasses guy likes MC? for something with the comedy tag, I'm thinking 90% of it will be pure drama.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

We don't see much shiratori x kotooka :I

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I going to be honest if she goes out with him, im dropping this XD

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Washio, Kotooka and Shiratori are their last names right?
It threw me off a bit, I hadn't realised that although Kotooka calls the two others by Nadeshiko and Tsukasa, Washio and Shiratori call the each other (Kotooka included) by their last names still. I wonder how that portrays their familiarity with each other, or it's just how it is, that they have different levels of comfort

It seems a little slow paced, nothing much happened between them/advanced any relationship between the three, aside from Shiratori spotting Washio in chapter 1. However, finding out that Shiratori was a tomboy, and still sorta is +ace at soccer wins point from me, she looked pretty damn cool ❤ I wouldn't have expected that from her, maybe that's why it impressed me so much, plus that girls who are good at sports/athletic are p cool in general. Oh, that explains why in ch1, when she ran after Kotooka, why Washio had a hard time catching up.
I generally see twintails as a pretty girly hairstyle, wouldn't have expected Washio to the cooler character either. She's always so calm and composed (when not caught off guard with feels) and seems pretty gallant. I like the cool types (◡‿◡✿) Seeing her drawn like this was awesome ❤
Each of them seems to be pretty different than what I'd think their character designs would suggest, Kotooka's probs gonna be different somehow too, cus so far, we haven't seen much depth from her, aside from that one really scary face she made, tho it was followed by a teary face so maybe it wasn't meant to mean much

esp. with stupid glasses.

And the hate on glasses continues

joined Sep 21, 2014

PolizPolice I'm pretty sure you misread the chart. I'm pretty sure that the brother's "love", is familial love
compared to everyone else's "like", indicating romantic interest.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 5:45PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I going to be honest if she goes out with him, im dropping this XD

We are together in this brother!

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

lmao loves circle

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Faust Well, I did go along with the first guy's translation, which had those two as rivals, meaning they both were interested in the sister at some point, and then it turns into a love flag for them, that was what I got from that chart.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Already lost interest in this series. Not because of the boy. It's the writing.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The writing is really good tho? Characters have actual personalities outside of the generic stereotypes, they say interesting things in interesting ways, etc... combined with the art style, this is a really good series. Hope it doesn't screw up...

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:04PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust Well, I did go along with the first guy's translation, which had those two as rivals, meaning they both were interested in the sister at some point, and then it turns into a love flag for them, that was what I got from that chart.

Oh, I hadn't kept that in mind/forgot about it. They could be rivals concerning other things but hmm, I hope it goes yaoi for them tbh, so that they leave the main 3 girls alone.
Oh and concerning that thought! that Hachimitsu is the group that picked it up, if you check the author's twitter, the cover pic of his profile, we see FOUR girls actually, two who both seem to be Shiratori, but with ever the slightly different eye colours, one shade darker or lighter of green, and difference eye shapes (Shiratori has rounder eyes). In this halloween pic the author drew of them, we see that the twin brother has darker green eyes (and sharper ish eyes). Considering that it's Hachimitsu, I'm low key sure that the brother crossdress/poses as his sister sometimes lmfao. Seeing that the possibly/probably crossdressing brother is the one so close to the boy with glasses, on the twitter cover, I'm hopeful that there'll be something between the guys

Side note: Damn, the new guy's pretty hot but for real I find the characters are all pretty attractive (except maybe Kotoooka for me, I dislike her hairstyle)

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:22PM

joined Oct 20, 2013

Woohoo! So happy the TL for this is continuing. It's a really nice story! It's my favourite ongoing manga.

The above comment by Faust is correct. Her brother is hilarious.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Woohoo! So happy the TL for this is continuing. It's a really nice story! It's my favourite ongoing manga.

YUS.
But rip at how I accidentally spoiled myself tbh, but YUS
Can't wait to see the bro

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:59PM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

You know, stupid theory, but perhaps Tsukasa was that takoyaki shirt wearing "boy" that Washio fell in love with? >>Kotooka did mention that she looked a lot like a boy in the past... I don't think they even went to the same grade school, >>but, yeah, that's why this is a stupid theory.

It makes sense to me.
She said that the boy wore a T-shirt with a picture of takoyaki, and we all know that Tsukasa loves food.

joined Nov 6, 2016

If she go out with him I will kill that ***** guy and I will hate this manga and the one who make this
I want tsukasa to go out with nadeshiko if that comes true I be soo soo happy .That yellow girl hair who cared about her.

Also if she cut her hair because she got rejected aand become cool that be ***** and she come to like her and go out but I still like her now so don't actually draw it like that it just my dream

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 10:53PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

Slightly off topic, but why does the first chapter say released November 3rd? I remember it from ages ago )_o

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

SQUARE ENIX!!!

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

This is hilarious cause what I can't get out my mind is that when they were all on the train, Cupid must've been clumsy and shot his arrows everywhere

Simple geometry.

Url-2
joined Dec 22, 2015

hes pretty, id say ye even tho im not straight lol

id feel kinda guilty tho idk

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 1:30AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

YUS.
But rip at how I accidentally spoiled myself tbh, but YUS
Can't wait to see the bro

Wait, so this series have been scanned and translated in the past already? And here i thought it was a new series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.