Forum › Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero Club Member discussion

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Yay, Karin-chan appeared~ I hope more of this will keep coming, it just so amazingly cute and fun to read.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

This is a soothing balm after these last couple episodes.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

The show and this series are related right

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Still totally ship Togo and Yuuna (Or however you say her name)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, finale occurred. Uh, that VN scene is not the gayest thing in the franchise anymore

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I figured the ending wouldn't be horrible but I was still on the edge of my seat and like I said before I don't think anything will leave me with a blank face like rebellion did, I do enjoy analyzing the older eps for the little details that were explained later on. One more thing there's a prequel light novel/manga anyone knows if that's ever going to be scanlated? Togo is the main
Either way I think this 4-koma is something everyone can enjoy without even watching the anime but I recommend it.

@Hylarn: you sure? that was pretty gay...maybe the real thing happens off-screen ahh I was sooo waiting for a kiss on the second to last scene.

@Kassh: thanks for the link.

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 12:14AM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

The WaShuYu novel has been translated to chapters 8/9. No one is working on the manga adaptation but I doubt it'll be much different from the anime.

As for the ending of the show, I'm actually kind of disappointed. It was a fun and exciting ride until you find out that everything they went through didn't amount to much. If there is a continuation to what I presume to be subtle hints within the ending, I'll change my mind on this ending. Hopefully, that is the case as this is a cross media project.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The prequel has a manga adaptation.
As for the ending I'd say they get the rest they deserve and pass the baton to the next gen with the knowledge acquired.
I do expect them to continue the series since it does feel that way. And they should totally have Yuna and Togo already married by that time....maybe Fu x Itsuki too but that's pushing it

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

@Hylarn: you sure? that was pretty gay...

The VN bit was some cute ship tease, but this episode was basically themed around them being in love

The WaShuYu novel has been translated to chapters 8/9. No one is working on the manga adaptation but I doubt it'll be much different from the anime.

Did not know that

...Okay, looks like the translation is here

As for the ending of the show, I'm actually kind of disappointed. It was a fun and exciting ride until you find out that everything they went through didn't amount to much.

Eh, I think that saving every named character and at least a few others is fairly major

joined Jul 2, 2013

Yes ... through sheer willpower and friendship!! Tougo's decision (absurdedly selfish, but I didn't mind that) was easily swayed by Yuuna repeatedly saying "I won't forget". This I did mind.

Not to mention the effects of Mankai/Sange is suddenly gone. If Shinju could just magically turn them all back to normal, why did he need offerings of the heroes' bodies then? If this is the case, why keep Sonoko the way she is and leave her to suffer like that? This is why I cannot like this ending unless there is something more coming our way.

I don't mind happy ends. I actually welcome it because I love these characters. But the way the show went about it was all wrong to me.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yes ... through sheer willpower and friendship!! Tougo's decision (absurdedly selfish, but I didn't mind that) was easily swayed by Yuuna repeatedly saying "I won't forget". This I did mind.

Really? I thought that was fairly reasonable. It was a irrational, impulsive decision, so an emotional appeal is the best way to talk her down

Not to mention the effects of Mankai/Sange is suddenly gone. If Shinju could just magically turn them all back to normal, why did he need offerings of the heroes' bodies then? If this is the case, why keep Sonoko the way she is and leave her to suffer like that? This is why I cannot like this ending unless there is something more coming our way.

I think the idea was that they killed so many vertex during the fight that there's no attack expected in the foreseeable future, so the hero system can be significantly relaxed. The offerings helped power it, presumably

joined Jul 2, 2013

Really? I thought that was fairly reasonable. It was a irrational, impulsive decision, so an emotional appeal is the best way to talk her down

I like Tougo because she was established to be the most logical of the bunch. Yet after finding out the truth (not the whole truth, mind you, but just whatever she learnt from Sonoko. This is important because even Sonoko herself believed that she would never get better.) Tougo then makes the irrational decision of committing mass murder and merely through Yuuna's words, she believes Sange won't take away their memories again?

She lived through it. With or without her memories, she knows for a fact that even with Yuuna's claim, Sange can still take away their memories. This is leaving out the question of why the Mankai/Sange system use RNG.

I think the idea was that they killed so many vertex during the fight that there's no attack expected in the foreseeable future, so the hero system can be significantly relaxed. The offerings helped power it, presumably

The ending did not answer anything aside from heroes' willpower and friendship triumphs all. We still don't know why Sonoko was left to suffer her fate. We still don't know how and why their body offerings were returned. Shinju-sama was presented as a questionable god not disclosing the risks of Mankai/Sange. We had hints of the Taisha's possible agenda and yet in the end, everything was completely reversed and there was practically no consequence to the choices the Yuusha club members made in the show.

Again, I liked the hints of something else happening behind the scene involving Yuuna and if this eventually comes into play, this ending won't bother me so much anymore. Like Yuuna returning from her comatose state without an explaination of any kind and her fainting during the play. Someone also mentioned how there was no flower petals on Yuuna compared to the other members after the fight.

TL;DR The ending left many questions unanswered and if they were eventually answered, I would be satisfied.

Edit: Sequel LN confirmed. My hope for the series is back up and running.

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 8:51PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I think the robbing of the physical abilities relies on the hero system being actually ACTIVE, Sonoko remarks how they only drove the vertexes back, which of course you could still argue is what Yuna and the others PRESUMED to not have done so the Hero System being on stand-by between Tougos memory loss until the next attack and the sorta makes sense to me which makes the robbing more like borrowing to me.

Also the part where Yuna collapses is probably completly symbolic and I expect a new cast for the sequel

Oh, almost forgot, this maybe stretching a bit but here is a theory I have: the Taisha made a deal/used Yuuna as a catalyst for everything the others lost so the Taisha could concentrate on restoring the rest of the crew and Sonoka before starting to recover Yuuna, (you know how self-sacrificing she is and how she remarked how she would find a way out of the situation after the reveal) the bunch of pressed flowers could very well hint on a big amount of time that passed between her first recovery and the recovery of the others

last edited at Dec 28, 2014 8:21AM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

One question: Why is this categorized under the numerical section in the Series directory?

2ec2764b
joined Aug 11, 2014

Can we get this moved to the Y section on the directory page?

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I didn't know that we have this thread and so i ranted about my hatred toward this series in that one Veebu image. Well, not toward this series per se. I hate that damned Divine Tree for all sh*ts that happened to the girls! I still have occurring sleep terror since episode 11 with what happened to Karin.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think the robbing of the physical abilities relies on the hero system being actually ACTIVE, Sonoko remarks how they only drove the vertexes back, which of course you could still argue is what Yuna and the others PRESUMED to not have done so the Hero System being on stand-by between Tougos memory loss until the next attack and the sorta makes sense to me which makes the robbing more like borrowing to me.

Also the part where Yuna collapses is probably completly symbolic and I expect a new cast for the sequel

Oh, almost forgot, this maybe stretching a bit but here is a theory I have: the Taisha made a deal/used Yuuna as a catalyst for everything the others lost so the Taisha could concentrate on restoring the rest of the crew and Sonoka before starting to recover Yuuna, (you know how self-sacrificing she is and how she remarked how she would find a way out of the situation after the reveal) the bunch of pressed flowers could very well hint on a big amount of time that passed between her first recovery and the recovery of the others

Wasn't it implied that because the blast was so close to the tree that it absorbed all of the excess energy and because of that the vertex' recovery is delayed and why they got healed? After all you see the tree glow with the energy from the blast. I thought it was because of that.

Otherwise just watched it, and I gotta say, to me it was a bit darker than Madoka albeit less yuri in it.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 10:50AM

joined Jul 20, 2011

What are those supplements Karin tries to use in her udon?

joined Mar 25, 2013

What are those supplements Karin tries to use in her udon?

It's just her usual supplements that she's taking throughout the anime. That are supposed to help her 'grow' :P

last edited at Oct 3, 2015 4:14PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Quite a few chapters that haven't been added yet

joined Mar 25, 2013

By the by, chapter 10 is missing all of it's pages (except the last one)

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Is there any special reason for missing chapters 7-9 and 11?

Vivid%20strike!%20-%2001
joined Apr 1, 2013

yeees

joined Jun 30, 2015
Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

i hate double page

To reply you must either login or sign up.