Forum › Himitsu, Hitotsu discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Surprised people are so angry at the ending, considering she actually confesses and seems to get a positive reply from her too. In a world where so many people never confess and just keep it to themselves forever, this was a comparatively happy ending.

I don't think she actually confessed. It felt more like an inner monologue and her friend just brushed the kiss off as a secret between friends.

I think crying while saying "I'm sorry" after kissing someone is pretty blatant. Pretty sure the other girl understood to some degree. Not that it was a yuri ending, but I think it was more open-ended than http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/zero_distance_sentiment for instance.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 2:54PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I feel like I've read that kind of stories a million times.

You read a Yuri manga/doujin/one-shot.

Want more from the genre? Variety? what is that even? ~
Its just variants in context/character names, at most.

Anyways, I dont see much angst here.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 4:40PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

sooooo this count as NTR or cheating i mean she didnt break up with her boyfriend

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Gosh~ I hate love triangle T_____T

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Why do people say a doujin is bad just because the ending wasn't what they wanted? It was great for what it was.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Why do people say a doujin is bad just because the ending wasn't what they wanted? It was great for what it was.

Because it hurts, and hurting is bad! >ω<

I don't dislike this one though (if I did, I wouldn't have suggested that our group scanlated it, lol), but I do prefer happy, fluffy endings.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 11:25PM

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I don't dislike this one though (if I did, I wouldn't have suggested that our group scanlated it, lol), but I do prefer happy, fluffy endings.

I second that, though I do enjoy a healthy dose of reality…

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I second that, though I do enjoy a healthy dose of reality…

I reallly liked the art and Rina's hair
And it hurt just fine, I didn't mind the pain (。•́︿•̀。)

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I didn't like the story very much - too much lies and too much forced feelings on her obviously straight friend. Though it seemed pretty realistic - I admit that. :D

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Someone call the police. This Touko-girl's stupidity is killing me T_T
Ah, I wanna hug mc and get a nice drink with her to spill all the lame beans of our lives... Like, get a grip girl and win this airhead over! C'mon! I'll chear on you till the death do us part :)

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 2:43PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

ah darn dis sad

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

hurt.... and yet, i want to read it again, and again, and again.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is not Aaaaaangst ! This is a leave me alone in a dark room on life support because I don't wanna live, kind of story .
Now I have to run and see if my beloved is still here so I can cuddle up and NOT let go .

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

^ You should totally check Kissing Mars. Or Stretch.

joined Jan 11, 2015

No, don't!!! D:

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

No, don't!!! D:

What, they're great.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

And that's all? Oh dear... "Unsatisfying: the One shot" could be a better title.

Just don't expect yuri in the second. For Madoka and Homura sake, don't expect nothing from the second one. Not even a satisfying ending.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

As someone who was in the same position just recently, I can really appreciate this oneshot.

The title of bestfriend should not be taken lightly. As a bestfriend, you have to be able to have the mental & emotional fortitude to support your bestfriend through thick and thin. Unfortunately, like Rina here, I also fell in love with my bestfriend who didn't think of me anything more than just a bestfriend. Having unrequited feelings for your bestfriend is very different from having unrequited feelings for others. There will be tendencies when one or even both parties might feel betrayed.

I actually think the ending was beautiful, coz it seemed that they will continue being friends after that. When I confessed, she blatantly rejected me and told me she felt betrayed, and we went from bfs, to friends, to not even being friends in facebook. lol.

Even though falling in love with your bestfriend is pretty hard to avoid, I think sucking it up and still being with them even though the feeling isn't mutual is much more harder. Not all of us are as strong as Tamao-chan from Strawberry Panic, who, not only was able to push Nagisa to be with whom she loves, but also was able to accept Nagisa back into her life. I always revered Tamao-chan for being the shinning example of what a bestfriend should be when it comes to falling in love with them.

Anyway. sorry for the long rant, but this read really opened up some past wounds. xD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ari-chan posted:

Does the title have a meaning??

Himitsu is secret, Hitotsu is one
Is I guess One Secret, like what Riina was thinuking when she kissed her.

Yea. Sound kinda poetic, but it is just simple "Secret, one". While I agree it sounds better in jps, I don't understand why some groups don't bother translating titles or at least explaining them in credits or something, since no everyone read jps. When I first saw it without context, my first though was to translate it as "Just one secret." since it sorta captured the poeticness of it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't said exactly the same way as tittle here, but since you even used that exact phrase there, it just begs to use it for title translation and make it a great title drop. Well that is just my opinion on the matter anyway.

bonkball posted:

I totally agree. While there are some pretty bland angst stories, it doesn't necessary mean just because they didn't get together the story was bad. This one was pretty well executed and as mentioned before, unlike most of times, the ending is actually pretty positive. Sure, it would be better if they got together and I totally understand it sucks stuff like that already happens in real life (and/or happened to some), but more realistic stories like that are not bad to read once in a while. Most important thing is being in mood to read them, so if you see tags like Angst or Drama you should pause a second and think if you want to go down the rabbit hole or not. True, while there is Love triangle tag (which is just as bad in itself), there is no marking of male presence, but that part, as well where it is likely to go in general, is pretty clear few pages into the story.

drpepperfan posted:

I think crying while saying "I'm sorry" after kissing someone is pretty blatant. Pretty sure the other girl understood to some degree. Not that it was a yuri ending, but I think it was more open-ended than http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/zero_distance_sentiment for instance.

I took it as clear rejection, but at least Touko seemed to be pretty cool about it and won't cut their relationship or anything. Rina's love was one-sided, but at least she still has her best friend and with time she will surely move on. Depending how you interpret it, there is a hint of them actually getting together in secret, but I'm not sure how much I like that. Stories where confession to friend with boyfriend doesn't end up with either cutting contact or cheating are actually pretty refreshing, so I prefer to see it that way.

Nairu posted:

I didn't like the story very much - too much lies and too much forced feelings on her obviously straight friend. Though it seemed pretty realistic - I admit that. :D

I have no clue where you saw those lies and forced feelings. To me Touko acted pretty genuine from start to finish.

Btw. it reminded me about this one shot. It goes pretty much the same way, but has clear yuri scene, has clear open ending and still manages to be pretty adorable. So if you liked this one, or you are a masochist, go and give it a read.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Nevri

But... But I did translate it... It's literally right beneath the chapter's title... =A=

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

@Nevri

But... But I did translate it... It's literally right beneath the chapter's title... =A=

Oh sorry, I totally missed it xD" My bad then. Guess was a bit distracted by gigantic "I got a boyfriend" and Rina's shocked face on half of the page ;P

(Seems like I didn't scroll entire way down, cos I didn't think there was anything else there)

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 2:42PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ah~ the straight best friend route. blows out cigar smoke
I've been there, I feel ya. At least she got a kiss and confessed am I rite?
I like this better than that other one cuz the aangst was there from the beginning so you at least anticipate it.

Av_184
joined May 10, 2016

Confessing to your best friend, huh? been there, done that. (sorry to crush your delusions, plain old het relationship, no yuri involved :) )
And that lead us to the best 18 years of our life. Sadly, recently we parted ways, but while we're not lovers anymore we are still best friend.
Back to business, while this one shot is not pink&fluffy, at least there was a confession. And some kind of ambiguity on the outcome (at least there's not a straight rejection).
IMHO, you can try to keep your feelings hidden, but sooner or later that will put a strain on the friendship. I mean, i wouldn't stand seeing my beloved one being with others, so probably i would unconsciously distance myself until there wouldn't be any more contact.
Soooo, where all this ranting would lead? for me, if i don't confess, i would lose them. if i confess, there's a 50-50.
the latter is better.

1599531_403762246435445_1409813519_o
joined Mar 14, 2014

It sucks, but its very real and fateful till the end, so I respect the author a lot more than just conveniently making the boy out to be an asshole or something.

joined Jan 11, 2015

The cover is my canon ending. You can't tell me otherwise! D:

To reply you must either login or sign up.