Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I feel so alienated, being someone who really hasn't liked Seju from the start and certainly isn't starting to now. ^^;;

I am proud that Sumin was able to apparently stand steadfast in her decision to break away from Seju. Even after all the drama, she's still deadpan while handing over keys, being manhandled... and speaks even of making sure she can stay close to Sungji. She's a character who has so far shown to be somewhat weak when it comes to things in her personal life, so to be able to maintain her composure despite the demons of the past AND the pink haired demon in her midst, I'm proud of her.

I'm not surprised Sungji was so composed while speaking to Nami... she's shown herself to always be rather formal and polite unless it's a more private one-on-one situation. Though I fear that that coolness could come back to bite her in the arse.

Seju is just Seju. To her what she wants is what she wants and it is what is most important, even if what she wants is a person who clearly doesn't want her. She's brash, selfish, and has a mean streak. Cutting her hair to make her look more like she used to, either to try to subliminally appeal to Sumin or to somehow bolster her own self in this "fight" for Sumin... it's just something Seju would do. Sorry. I like the history she and Seju had as students but seriously, people move on sometimes. It's time for her to do so as well.

joined Jul 24, 2016

Hmm..... Seju seems to bring out a lot of love/hate vibes out of people, and I love her complexity for that. So many layers, I don't even mind how she was beng in the elevator, as honest as Sumin was being, she was being honest as well. Completely brutally honest. I mean she didn't have to tell her that just asked Sungji over, or that she wants to fire her (even though I don't think she personally hates Sungji or will fire her, only that she doesn't like Sumin being in love with someone else)

And while most of the attention may be why is Seju trying to go after Sumin or getting in the way, I think I would focus on Sumin (she is one where all these characters circle around) Sumin doesn't push off Seju immediately (only when Seju mentions love which emotionally triggers Sumin because it's true,) she has always went back to Seju multiple times in the past, and throughout the story there is flashbacks of Seju and Sumin which may be that sumin is always thinking back to her first love moments (I don't know if this is the story's narrative for us to understand or really her thinking these memories, the only clue I have is the cotton candy memory, and then after that Sumin looks like she's staring off into space and Sungji asks her what she was thinking about, which makes me believe that it's Sumin thinking about of those memories and having Seju on her mind?)

Would you blame a character like Seju to hold on to the only love she knows in her entire life? It is clearly demonstrated that her whole family hates her, and even Sumin knows this and checks on her after family meetings. Seju's love is unhealthy but not because she's evil, but because she doesn't know any better, she loves sumin, But when the conflicts in their relationship happened, she didn't really know how to handle those and it turn the relationship destructive pretty quickly.

Also Sumin does like Sungji, I would say love too because that's her words (but I don't know if it really because Sumin only may love her because of how Sungji is so loving to her, like I love you because you love me type of thing) Eitherways Sumin's value of love is distorted because she doesn't think she deserves love, because she sees herself as an empty person, and why she didn't beg back for Sungji after being caught cheating and the many failed relationships of the past.

Sumin did the same thing to Sungji that Seju did to Sumin, they cheated and broke someone's heart. I don't know why people aren't more mad at Sumin's behavior and acted the way they did when they found about Seju's cheating.
In both cases Sumin and Seju were both greatly apologetic for cheating.
You know Sumin still wants to be with Sungji just like Seju stil wanted to be with Sumin after the cheating.

I think Sungji senses the complications between Seju and Sumin, and doesn't know how to go on with Sumin without Seju's presence interfering (and I say that on more of Sumin's side for letting Seju be with her, mentally or physically)
Sumin does let Seju be the way she is. We don't know what goes through Sumin's mind when she interacts or thinks about Seju, we only see her guarded actions and assume she doesn't care about Seju in anymore. If that was the case the whole drama of wtdfs would never start.

In the end Sumin needs to really think about how she feels about Sungji or Seju, I don't think she can be with Sungji and have Seju around like she used to in the past and it bothers her.
Seju makes her feel to vulnerable and I think Sumin has been more upset with herself than she is with Seju. She probably didn't like torturing seju all this time and so she doesn't like the person she is with her
Sumin feels like a different person with Sungji, more lighthearted and new.
She just needs to figure out what she wants, what is love for her, and that's what the story is about for me and her character.
Sungji and Seju would also need to figure out their wants and selves after Sumin decides who she wants to be with, and so it may be a healing story for all of them in this term.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 5:20PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I feel so alienated, being someone who really hasn't liked Seju from the start and certainly isn't starting to now. ^^;;

Seju is just Seju. To her what she wants is what she wants and it is what is most important, even if what she wants is a person who clearly doesn't want her. She's brash, selfish, and has a mean streak. Cutting her hair to make her look more like she used to, either to try to subliminally appeal to Sumin or to somehow bolster her own self in this "fight" for Sumin... it's just something Seju would do. Sorry. I like the history she and Seju had as students but seriously, people move on sometimes. It's time for her to do so as well.

I don't particularly like Seju either. I didn't think she was too bad before but I'm getting tired as well when people like her so much (no offense ^-^'', I just don't really get it >.>) and being so angry at Sumin because of all she did to her. Sumin sure did bad things overall... especially to Sungji...
Also I doubt the ending is just going to be predictable like that. Sumin just forgetting Seju and Seju stepping lower and lower... I mean if that's going to be the ending I'm going to be like =.=
I doubt Sungji is calm and composed she just acts like it... =.= you should know by now never to trust Sungji... XD Also Sungji x Nami could very well happen as Sungji kind of blushed when Nami touched her and also Nami seemed genuinely worried O_O... like who knows...? I mean Nami is kind of cool actually...

joined Aug 29, 2015

imo, the artist made Seju likeable or made the readers care for her. I mean she might have slept with the bartender but she didn't really had an affair with that guy. (though I'm not saying it's still right) add to the fact that her family is rejecting her. it didn't really help either that Sumin was intentionally hurting and using her for 10 years just to get her revenge on her. it made Seju look like a victim and now, they're finally making her the antagonist.I was kinda hoping they won't go into that direction. but, I guess it can't be help. someone needs to be the villain of the story.

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 3:05AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

it made Seju look like a victim and now, they're finally making her the antagonist

Yeah. This chapter is finally setting Seju for the antagonist. I just hope they don't make as bad as actually forcing herself into Sumin in the future. Because she crossed the physical bundary line in this chapter. Especially after all that happened with the cheating.
It seems that if there was any chance of TeamPink ending, this wouldn't be the route to develop them. Seju would have to back off for a while instead of falling more.

I have a feeling this is a red flag for Seju. As if they are setting her up for an accident in the future. Like she turns quite unlikable, and then she has an accident that will redeem her again.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit, if Sumin goes after Sungji now but in the future it is revealed (maybe after some accident) that she actually didn't quit because she wanted to be close to Seju too.
Also if Seju was responsible for Sumin's failed relationships in a more than an emotional way.
But her character proves that there a more reasons to like a character than them only being a good person.

joined Jan 17, 2016

Oh ..what a chapter ! Can i just say b4 anything that nammi is really becoming my fav kkkk she was so cool in this chapter . i'm on team blue now ..seju forget about sumin you have a hot model killing her self for you kkkk
Hmmm I have to say that seju looking really pretty and younger with short hair but i will miss her long hair T_T ...also need to say that arrogant seju is not my favorite. C'mon seju baby your destroying any left feelings sumin has for you ..you know she loves you now and and that's just about anything sumin can give you !..you should take her love for you in your heart an move on ...

I have a feeling this is a red flag for Seju. As if they are setting her up for an accident in the future. Like she turns quite unlikable, and then she has an accident that will redeem her again.

I really agree with you on this ...i mean with 30 more chapters tons of shit can happen .even if i hate it right now this evil seju will continue to exist..while they will fouces of sumin and sungji again ....i really was disappointed with the way things went I mean when seju cut her hair and knew sumin still loves her I expected a change of personality and back off a bit but she's truning more clingy that ever ..which was a bad move ..o.k we get it team gaji its team blonde end game stop destroying team pink -__- ! .......
but to be fair it's the only Direction they can go I mean if seju was back to nice and be perfect first love again sungji wont stand a chance ..thats why seju must fuck things up for the last time for sumin to move on ....and i agree with some of you said ..sumim will still come back for seju one more time and i think its when shit gets real with her family when her dad passes away ...or a failed suicide attempt

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Oh ..what a chapter ! Can i just say b4 anything that nammi is really becoming my fav kkkk she was so cool in this chapter . i'm on team blue now ..seju forget about sumin you have a hot model killing her self for you kkkk

Yeah, she was a little cool in this chapter, but she sure will be back to being as annoying as always again when she is with Seju. so Seju x Nami is no no. :D

sumim will still come back for seju one more time and i think its when shit gets real with her family when her dad passes away ...or a failed suicide attempt

It's getting boring when the story keeps going round in cycles. Is there really not anything new like Sumin going back one more time and never leave forever? kkkk

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 2:15PM

joined Jan 17, 2016

so Seju x Nami is no no. :D

Why !? T_T ! I think they will be really cute ..esp now that seju cut her hair XD ..at least nammi treats seju better , and dying for her attention nammi is an overall better person than sumin imo don't remember nammi torturing her first love for 10 years :/ she simply would've ended things with them. Her does't give a damn attitude is really cool.

It's getting boring when the story keeps going round in cycles. Is there really not anything new like Sumin going back one more time and never leave forever? kkkk

Omg Team Pink dream goals kkkkk...of course its can but not in this manhwa life time lol returning one more time to seju and then move on is all what team gaji let sumin and seju be .
And its getting really easy to guess what will happen cuz they have done everthing we've expected so far and evey one has clear idea about the ending
If team gaji miraculously took another path and decided on team pink ending .. which I think it won't , it will be near the very end and i thinks then sungji will be the one who let go of sumin

joined Aug 29, 2015

@MacySan

I'm kinda thinking that they should had made Seju antagonistic first. before, showing how she ended up being the villain of the story than making her likeable at the start then, turning her evil/bad in the end. it felt like they're trying to destroy something good they've developed for Seju's character.

this is just my opinion but Seju feels like, she should had been the protagonist of the story lol I mean she have more obstacle to overcome than Sumin and Sungji. Seju is being constantly rejected her by family and Sumin is the only person who really showed affection towards her (other than her father) she may have cheated on Sumin but she didn't give up on her. she stayed by her side for 10 years even though she knew Sumin only kept her by her side to intentionally hurt her by dating other girls. for me, Sungji is just a pretty girl who's finally learning what love is, for the first time. other than that, she doesn't really have any more story to tell.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 9:56AM

joined Sep 12, 2016

Does anyone have any way I can read this without having to go buy coins on lezhin???
I know I can go onto [removed by moderator] but they haven't updated it . It's only up to chapter 29 so far. D:

last edited at Sep 12, 2016 11:24PM by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does anyone have any way I can read this without having to go buy coins on lezhin???
I know I can go onto [removed by moderator] but they haven't updated it . It's only up to chapter 29 so far. D:

Look up Rule 9 of the forum rules. The answer to your question is no.

joined Mar 8, 2014

, Sungji is just a pretty girl who's finally learning what love is, for the first time. other than that, she doesn't really have any more story to tell.

=.=

We'll see about that...
I guess Seju could have been the protagonist but then this would be a completely different story.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I would say Team Gaji has done a good job in making the plot more interesting by constructing Seju as a false protagonist, but they has failed to make Sugnji, a real protagonist, not look like a supportive character so far.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Is this situation hurting Sungji more than it is hurting Sumin?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

That's how it looks so far.

That black car, is that Seju's car? The situation is somewhat familiar to when Seju was stalking Sumin and the red hair...

joined Jul 24, 2016

That black car, is that Seju's car? The situation is somewhat familiar to when Seju was stalking Sumin and the red hair...

Is it Sumin's car? (it looks similar to the car she driving to the hospital to see the chairman) well whoever it is, it may imply that in the next chapter the person will interact with Sungji?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

There are some stuff I didn't get in this chapter.

Mole guy says something about an affair of Conglomerate owner and Secretery. Was that secretery Seju's mom? I also assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?
Then he said that compensated for that scar by giving Sumin revenge over Seju. Does that refer to Sumin using her incident with mole guy as a way to guilt trip Seju, or something else happened that Sumin did to Seju and we still don't know.

Right now it seems that Sungi and Seju stories are irrelevant to each other and the only thing common they have is Sumin. But Sungji has to play a role in this situation. They can't make her irrelevant to this plot, so maybe she plays a role in Seju's situation in the future. I just hope noone blackmails her to leave Sumin or anything, but that car in the end is a bit ominous

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 12:12PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Is it Sumin's car? (it looks similar to the car she driving to the hospital to see the chairman) well whoever it is, it may imply that in the next chapter the person will interact with Sungji?

Oh yes, it is Sumin's car. Didn't notice that she was driving a black car. But it could also be a different car that's similar to Sumin's. They might interact with Sungji, or not. Let's just hope whoever that is is not up to anything bad.

I also assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?

It's very possible that Seju's mother was murdered. The mole guy did mention that it looks like she was strangled to death. Judging from the mole guy's age, and that Seju's mother slept with him, I don't think the mole guy is her son.

Then he said that compensated for that scar by giving Sumin revenge over Seju. Does that refer to Sumin using her incident with mole guy as a way to guilt trip Seju, or something else happened that Sumin did to Seju and we still don't know.

It could be both. In the previous chapter, Nammi did say that if she say anything, it might tip the balance to the other side. Whether it's Sumin's or Seju's side, it's still difficult to tell.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 12:30PM

joined Jul 24, 2016

There are some stuff I didn't get in this chapter.

Mole guy says something about an affair of Conglomerate owner and Secretery. I assume the secretery was Seju's mom? I assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?
Also he said that compensated for that scar by giving Sumin revenge over Seju? Does that refer to Sumin using this as a way to make Seju feel bad, or something more happened that Sumin did to Seju and we still don't know.

Right now it seems that Sungi and Seju stories are irrelevant to each other and the only thing common they have is Sumin. But Sungji has to play a role in this situation. They can't make her irrelevant to this plot, so maybe she plays a role in Seju's situation in the future. I just hope noone blackmails her to leave Sumin or anything, and that car in the end is a bit ominous

Ya he meant Seju's mom being the secretary and that his family killed her, but made it look like suicide. I don't think mole guy was her son, basing that he says "Seju's mother" instead of my mother. I feel like Seju is a half sister to the rest of the family, also with the flashblack with mole guy seeing Seju's mother, he seem to be older (not a kid if he really was Seju's mom's son) He seem a bit older than Seju and maybe where he meets Seju's mom has more to do with why he tries to care for Seju (in his own weird ways). I think it's also implied that Seju's mother died around when she was born.

Does Seju's even know that her family killed her mom? I feel like she doesnt because the flashback where she's lying in bed and talking to mole guy she says how her mom gives "mother who gave birth at a place where she's called a mop and irresponsibly dies?" It's sad that I am getting an impression that Seju is in danger by her own family and doesn't know it herself and probably thinks she's hated by mostly everyone.

I think Mole guy giving the scar to Sumin created an situtation where Seju would feel guilty about that and stay around Sumin and which gave Sumin the chances to get revenge the way she wants (but it could be something else that we don't know about, there are still alot of mysterious parts about this story.) This, in my opinion though, makes Seju's story more and more sad to me. Like it seems she has so many bad things happen to her and makes me really want a happy ending for her in general.

I'm not sure if Sungji will be connected to seju's family (and hopefully not cause they cray.) Maybe it's more of a conflict scenario for Sumin, because she loves both of them, but with Sungji being here and Seju needing to go away, she will have a lot of trouble deciding what to do.

The car at the end looks like Sumin's car in this chapter (seems like she switched cars, but she may or may not interact with Sungji)

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 12:35PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

sigggggh I'd rather have Sumin end up with Sungji(which is 90% i think will happen coz she blonde) rather than having her force to be with with Seju like it's her responsibility if something bad happens to her. I want my Seju to have a real happiness..not some happiness that anyone could place a price on.

And it hurts me a bit when Sungji cried. I just wanna hug her.

I just want happiness for all. Damn it!

joined Jul 24, 2016

Oh yes, it is Sumin's car. Didn't notice that she was driving a black car. But it could also be a different car that's similar to Sumin's. They might interact with Sungji, or not. Let's just hope whoever that is is not up to anything bad.

I also assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?

It's very possible that Seju's mother was murdered. The mole guy did mention that it looks like she was strangled to death. Judging from the mole guy's age, and that Seju's mother slept with him, I don't think the mole guy is her son.

Plot twist! Maybe mole guy did sleep with Seju's mom, so he's Seju's real dad. The chairman didn't know about this so he assumed that Seju was his child? (or they didn't sleep together but they had a moment where it makes him feel responsible to look after Seju...) so many possibilties

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't like it this way. I know that when it comes to a breakup, it's in an area of Sumin's expertise, while it's totally new to Sungji. But I want that Sumin is the one who is hurt more than Sungji since she cheated on Sungji.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 1:19PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't like it this way. I know that when it comes to a breakup, it's in an area of Sumin's expertise, while it's totally new to Sungji. But I want that Sumin is the one who is hurt more than Sungji since she cheated on Sungji.

yeah but usually it´s not that way >.> but surely Sumin feels really ashamed...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Plot twist! Maybe mole guy did sleep with Seju's mom, so he's Seju's real dad. The chairman didn't know about this so he assumed that Seju was his child? (or they didn't sleep together but they had a moment where it makes him feel responsible to look after Seju...) so many possibilties

That's possibility has been discussed quite a lot here, but in chapter 19 it was mentioned that they did a dna test on Seju, and it proved that Seju is the chairman's daughter. Maybe the mole guy looks after Seju that much because she's a spitting image of her mother. However, with still a lot of chapters left, who knows.

In my opinion, usually, the one who cheated feels more regret than hurt, so I think it's normal for Sungji to be the one hurting, for now. But I agree with you, I want Sumin to suffer more than Sungji.

joined Dec 9, 2014

This is always making me so confused. If Mole guy is the real father of Seju, then is he also Chairman's son? And he slept with his father's wife?
I just hope he is not the real father. I like the Chairman for Seju's father tbh. He is not creepy

Also I don't mean Sungji to be related to Seju's familly in any way, I mean her getting involved in this situation somehow. Because her part of the story seem quite detached from the rest of the story so far. And Seju's part seem to get bigger. So if she is to end up with Sumin, doesn't she have to contribute to this as well?

When Nami said I won't say anything to weight one side I thought she meant Seju and Sungji, not Seju and Sumin

To reply you must either login or sign up.