Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I smell a bitch

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Every time we post a new chapter, and people start commenting, it makes me wonder if people actually like this series, since there are so many negative comments, lol.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

Every time we post a new chapter, and people start commenting, it makes me wonder if people actually like this series, since there are so many negative comments, lol.

Welcome to Dynasty

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like this series a lot. Already bought the two Japanese volumes that are out and early await the English release. :D

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I do enjoy the series and I appreciate the work you guys put into translating it but I can't help to poke fun at the multiple cliches that show in the plot.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

ah boy we finally get to meet Hina's old friend. Upcoming Hana jealously

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I smell a bitch

I see a bitch

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I smell a bitch

I see a bitch

I want to punch a certain bitch

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Well the vital bitch character has arrived so Hana has to act on her feelings or Hina will be taken away. I liked the newest chapter going deeper on Hana's feelings though :)

joined Jan 11, 2015

Why are everyone so goddamn set on Maiko being a bitch? LMAO!

52aff1d4a4969e731dc9324b146b7306
joined Sep 6, 2016

Dat feel. ; ~;)/
Hang in there Hina dear~! ♡
Queue person from the past...
(Wild Maiko has appeared!)

joined Sep 6, 2016

I love this series so much (I actually love all Morinaga's works.)
I just find out that Hana and Hina is ending next november, can anyone tell me wich chapter number will be the final one?
Forgive my english i know i suck at it =P

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ropponmatsu posted:

She's a love rival so it means she has to be a terrible person since Hina clearly has terrible judgment, what with liking Hana who's clearly the worst person ever.

joined Jan 11, 2015

lezardthewizard posted:

I just find out that Hana and Hina is ending next november, can anyone tell me wich chapter number will be the > > final one?

Vol.1 & 2 both had 6 chapters, so it's safe to assume that it will end with ch18.

Alice Cheshire posted:

She's a love rival so it means she has to be a terrible person since Hina clearly has terrible judgment, what with liking Hana who's clearly the worst person ever.

I know, right? At least let her be properly introduced before y'all start hating on her! ;x

joined Sep 6, 2016

lezardthewizard posted:

I just find out that Hana and Hina is ending next november, can anyone tell me wich chapter number will be the > > final one?

Vol.1 & 2 both had 6 chapters, so it's safe to assume that it will end with ch18.

Oh! thank you for the info :)
Btw there are plans to go trough the scanlation til it ends? (Being already licenced by Seven Seas and all ... I would hate to never be able to know how it ends, like it happened with Gakuen Polizi ... at least for me :( ... getiing things from offshore can be a living hell in my country :S)

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

lezardthewizard posted:

Btw there are plans to go trough the scanlation til it ends? (Being already licenced by Seven Seas and all ... I would hate to never be able to know how it ends, like it happened with Gakuen Polizi ... at least for me :( ... getiing things from offshore can be a living hell in my country :S)

I'm going to work on this manga as long as I have my Kouyuri team :)

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 7:30PM

joined Sep 6, 2016

lezardthewizard posted:

I'm going to work on this manga as long as I have my Kouyuri team :)

Thats a really good news, ty for the quick answer :p
Love to see how the story develops, last chapter was really something ;D

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_and_hina_after_school_ch10#3

Could someone please tell me what is on Hana's face on this page in the bottom right corner? I can't figure it out. It almost looks like a second mouth on first glance...

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 8:21PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

It's supposed to be the dimple underneath her lower lip.

Now that you mention it, it does look like a second mouth.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 8:56PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

Yeah, morinaga tends to draw those with hard outlines, rather than shading.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Kyonne said

I smell a bitch

I was thinking the same thing.
And must we?
Do we need to add drama?
I wish we could go a different way sometimes. Maybe I'm just jaded.
I don't know.
But, it's still cute, and I like cute things.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 9:12PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Recent memories of Kase-san immediatly surfaced, so...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that was a good chapter. Fluffy af. Morinaga sensei sure does know how to make the most out of cliche situations. Not being sarcastic. I really do love her/his works. :)

Really, that's the thing about Morinaga-sensei. She delivers the cliches with such feeling and such craftsmanship that it's like they're new again. Brings the feelings every time.

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

LOOOOOL I got confused too e_e I had to read like 3-4 times to get it right.

We are getting Girlfriends in spanish so I hope they translate this manga too! but I know I have to improve my English...

Thanks for translating :D I really like this manga.

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

Rival!!
Milk Morinaga is so fluffy with sprinkles on teen angst. I feel like some of this is like other series, yet with a nice spin to still keep things interesting? Maybe I'm just biased to love Milk Morinaga works even when I'm like "I've technically read this elsewhere" because I got into her works young, lol. I just like Morinaga's particular flair to things - but I still haven't really identified what that is. Could just be art.

Her art is nice and an important part of what makes her works good. What makes her special to me is that she paces her stories well, with a defined beginning, middle, and end, and she understands the importance of friendship in romance better than almost any writer I've seen. She shows you how and why two people come to love each other, and she sells it believably even using very standard tropes, which most love stories, at least for me, fail to do.

You couldn't have said it better! Woo Moringa Milk woot woot!

Ah that makes sense :) I often find it difficult to analyse things, but what you've said makes a lot of sense ^_^ I think you've hit the nail on the head.

To reply you must either login or sign up.