Forum › Hakumei & Mikochi discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Awesome world-buiding and mood. I'd love to see this animated.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yay! My suggestion apparently worked! I've been dying to get others into reading this. It's just so dang cute.

Also, the author is on here already under their doujin-publishing name Warrior Prune. Their pixiv page is http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1598085 though the latest post was in 2013.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 12:36PM

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Just making a note that Chapter 2's pages are out of order, probably because of the way it's numbered.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

This is really awesome. I like the art style. Everything feels so "cozy" and "homely". I really like it so far. :)

joined Sep 15, 2013

This is rather good, thank you for putting this on here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is really awesome. I like the art style. Everything feels so "cozy" and "homely". I really like it so far. :)

I think you're looking for "homey". "Homely" generally means "ugly face" outside of Britain.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I think you're looking for "homey". "Homely" generally means "ugly face" outside of Britain.

Again and again, English language keeps surprising me by not being English.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 5:10PM

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is one of those stories I could read endlessly. But different from what I usually read but very enjoyable non-the-less

drpepperfan Admin
Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

As I recall saying my teacher in school: There is British English and there is wrong English. ;)

No really, I'm glad I learned British English and still manage to somehow speak it. I don't care and I don't have the time to learn all those differences that other "Englishes" use. If someone doesn't understand, take an Oxford Dictionary. ;)

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 8:48PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

Hmmm...

I'm a little confused at what kind of meat the eat, what kinds of animals are sentient, and Sen's whole 'zombie skeletons' thing.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

I'm a little confused at what kind of meat the eat, what kinds of animals are sentient, and Sen's whole 'zombie skeletons' thing.

seconded, most stories with sentient animals dont ever clarify whose meat the carnivores/omnivores are eating tho, so i just kinda take it at face value.

it's such a sweet and adorable story! i love how the relationship between hakumei and mikochi is more nuanced and less "in-your-face" about their closeness.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Here I was thinking at first how much the designs reminded me of some of the characters from Touhou and the author draws Touhou stuff.

Very, very cute little series. I love the detail of everything and all the characters, they're seriously precious!

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

this manga cleared my skin, fed my cat, and watered my crops

Chibi%20raiden%20pfp
joined Jun 17, 2016

Here I was thinking at first how much the designs reminded me of some of the characters from Touhou and the author draws Touhou stuff.

Very, very cute little series. I love the detail of everything and all the characters, they're seriously precious!

Yeah me too!!! I also thought that this author draws Touhou too but it seems not the case though....but still~ when I first laid my eyes on it, I instantly fell in love with the two chibi heroines!!!! They are too cute!!!!! The story was very cosy and lively, it's not my everyday preference but this is surprisingly nice story~ Luv it~ ;)

joined Jun 12, 2015

This is too cute ! Seriously managed to make realistic looking bug moe ! How do you even do that ?
Hakumei and Mikochi are totally married by the way, no matter what they are saying. And I ship Sen x Cunju after chapter 20

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So cute. Alo love that even the other characters get confused about Mikochi and Hakumei's relationship. The president calling Mikochi Hakumei's wife, the bug later than write in her diary that she wonders about their relationship and so on. <3

Part of me kinda ship Mikochi with Conju as well, The two divas chapter had tsundere written all over and even when she came over to see Mikochi and said she was glad Hakumei wasn't around, couldn't help thinking that she was in fact happy that she could have Mikochi all for herself. :3

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

this is like, finding a gem in the mud. the background art is great and detailed-not-so-detailed, the world and the mood is building up so evenly, the characters are lovely with all of the flaws, the pace is one that relaxed but also made you want to keep going.

it's a great manga! i also like how the relationship between the main characters are never get so pronounced but you can't deny that it's there with all of the other characters' view about them

joined Jun 30, 2015

I wonder if there are any humans in this world, or if they were all replaced by inchlings.

joined Jun 30, 2015

seconded, most stories with sentient animals dont ever clarify whose meat the carnivores/omnivores are eating tho, so i just kinda take it at face value.

it's such a sweet and adorable story! i love how the relationship between hakumei and mikochi is more nuanced and less "in-your-face" about their closeness.

Every reference to meat I see are either unnamed or fish. And all the meat wares they had in the shopping plaza were all fish and Mikochi at various points had made fish meatballs and anchovy sandwiches, which seem like odd meats to use unless they don't really eat alternatives. So I'm guessing everyone's pescatarian.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Every reference to meat I see are either unnamed or fish. And all the meat wares they had in the shopping plaza were all fish and Mikochi at various points had made fish meatballs and anchovy sandwiches, which seem like odd meats to use unless they don't really eat alternatives. So I'm guessing everyone's pescatarian.

That's kind of weird. Insects are shown to be sentient but fish aren't.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Not that much weirder than the reverse to be honest. Lots and lots of insects are sentient, and so are most fish. There are tons of fish far closer to the status of what we call sapience than some mammals, but our culture also kind of arbitrarily labels them all as lower on the sapience totem pole because "they" just look and think so obviously different than us.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 7:25AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Haha, the beautician finally got to make a mohawk. XD

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Not that much weirder than the reverse to be honest. Lots and lots of insects are sentient, and so are most fish. There are tons of fish far closer to the status of what we call sapience than some mammals, but our culture also kind of arbitrarily labels them all as lower on the sapience totem pole because "they" just look and think so obviously different than us.

Now i'm curious. What kind of fish Are so close to sapience?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

tarsis ultra posted:

Now i'm curious. What kind of fish Are so close to sapience?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_intelligence

To reply you must either login or sign up.