Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I uploaded several single comic strips (found them on /u/), I dont see some of them posted.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Posting images en masse is really tedious at the moment, as it currently requires reverse image searching, and then, typically, trying to figure out the best name to give someone off of a danbooru/pixiv page.

I'll continue to do what I've been doing - slowly posting old stuff from the backlog, and the things you've requested - until we make the Images section a bit friendlier for requests.

(Edit: Unless of course you're talking about stuff that wouldn't go in the Images section...in which case I'll run through my folders sometime tonight or tomorrow to see what we don't have up.)

last edited at Oct 26, 2013 12:48PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I wanted to point out that HoneyHoney is the yuri one, and HoneyHoneyMilk is the futa one, just to be clear (there is a yuri novel story in it).

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just started wondering if it would be reasonable to implement tags for major/common holidays like Valentine's and Christmas? Would anybody be interested in those?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Been wondering the same for a while now. Optionally, maybe just something like holiday could be relevant as well. I'm no good with gauging interest though, so I can't say much about that.

last edited at Nov 3, 2013 1:11AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

raubritter ch 7, page 145 has an error, it was fixed on yuriproject.

last edited at Nov 7, 2013 8:24AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

raubritter ch 7, page 145 has an error, it was fixed on yuriproject.

they also fixed pg 136, sentence error.

joined Nov 11, 2010

I guess maybe I shouldn't be surprised that nobody caught this? The authors chuushin_kuranosuke and bbb_extra are the same.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

strike witches of aurora ch 0, pg 5 has a small error, uploaded folder with fixed pg.

joined Dec 14, 2010

Can you add

"Completed" tag for every completed series?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can you add

"Completed" tag for every completed series?

Not totally sure of your meaning there.

Can an uploader/staff member spend some time doing it? Ehh...it's on my "to-do" list anyway, I'll get there soon. If you notice any in particular, do feel free to point them out with the tag suggestions button like so:

like so

last edited at Nov 11, 2013 2:34PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I think the idea there was to enable search for Completed works only, for example.
Like adding status to advanced search options.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

You can already search for status tags. http://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=&with%5B%5D=3668 for example.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, not sure how you did it...
I cannot add this tag to search actually.

Edit:
Oh, now I see. You will only see it if you write it completely, it won't show up from just start of the word like other tags.

last edited at Nov 12, 2013 6:01AM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

This has probably been suggested already, but it would be awesome, if when you click on the available "Yuri" tag/category, it will bring up these 4 categories, "Non-doujin one-shots", "Doujin one-shots", "Non-doujin series" and "Doujin series", before needling down to the actual chapter/title groupings. It'd make life one million times easier for non- doujin one-shots especially, as they are all over the place, and I believe not every one-shot are tagged as one-shots. Not that this is fully necessary with some extra filtering options.

Most likely a pipe dream, but I'd champion this if it's workable.

last edited at Nov 14, 2013 5:45PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

cut back on the Touhou doujins and if its possible bring back more nanoha doujin and definitely Madoka doujins, actually dont cut back on the touhou doujins because I actually enjoy them there's a small percentage of them that are kind of lame but the rest are amazing ^^
I just want some Nanoha and Madoka doujins in a more amount. (if possible of course) Also though I love Sayaka and Kyoko I also really love me some Madoka and Homura action. actually and even Mami as well.
um other than that I think you guys are doing an amazing job along with the other groups which many of us are regretful for as well ^^

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

homu centric comic has a different title and translation.

http://yuriinwonderland.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/look-only-at-me-smile-only-for-me/

yuri in wonderland has their own version, and the first page is translated

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

homu centric comic has a different title and translation.

Probably should've made a note about this. Desperate's version is the one we'll stick with.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Hidamari Sketch Anthology Comic vol 3 had some error, uploaded fixed version

joined Nov 11, 2010

Some portion of chapter 3 of Hidamari Sketch Anthology Comic seem to be duplicated here in chapter 2.

joined Sep 4, 2011

Just from a UI/UX perspective, not sure if you care for an opinion of such; but if you do, read on.

"Lists" on the top navigation is not really intuitive to the user; possibly where it's placed and/or the label for it. The options in the top nav seem to be the most important features of your interface. "Lists" is one of them, but unless one are a registered user, "Lists" in the top nav does not allow guest users to do anything with it. It does not benefit them in any way and I believe there is sizable amount of people who are not registered and use the interface frequently, but this feature is meaningless to them, probably by design.

Secondly, even if you are a registered user, I would say "Lists" is probably not the first thing people would click on. It's a vague word and as a frequent reader (but not a frequent user who interacts with your interface), this was the last option I clicked on.
Here is my experience of it: I spent about 5 minutes trying to find where my bookmarked stuff went. I clicked underneath my username, clicked through all the options thinking it'd be there, but then it wasn't. Went through it twice, because I remember there being a page for it, since I have used it a few months back, but I don't know where. I finally clicked on "Lists" and viola. Now I know my bookmarks are safe. The only thing is, I hope I don't forget a few months later of not using it.

My suggestion is to tuck "Lists" underneath the username list of options, or the bookmarking list of options with the icon; since this is an option users can only use if he/she is a registered user. Renaming "Lists" to "Bookmarks" or something more meaningful would also help users identify and intuitively navigate through your interface. It's not a major issue, but could improve the experience of users.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I do find that type of feedback very useful and agree with some of the issue laid out, but I don't agree with your conclusion on how to fix it.

I think tucking it under the username dropdown will make it much harder for an average user to find. Will also prevent a unregistered from knowing that a "Lists" feature exists, even if they must register to find out what exactly it is.

I am not 100% happy with the current name of the navgation item, but I can't think of something better. Bookmarks is a bit more clear on what it is, but it also implies a narrower scope than what the functionality actually is.

last edited at Nov 25, 2013 11:20AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

^ Maybe "User Lists"?

...Found some more pages out of order while going through the second Symphogear volume. The end of chapter 8 has been wrapped around to the bottom; the chapter should actually start on the page labelled as 72.

To reply you must either login or sign up.