Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

She getting her hair cut short might means that Seju wants to drag Sumin to get back to their old days (back when she has her hair short, bringing back the first love vibe). Because now she knows Sumin still loves her.

That's the impression I got from her cutting her hair too. Also Sungji got mad about the cheating after all, so it's good for her character instead of her forgiving Sumin.
After this, I think we can't predict the end with certainty.

Re-read the chapter again, and yeah it was Seju who said "I know" and "Now I know" while recalling the words Sumin said to her earlier. Was a little bit confused there.

The text is in black box, which means she remembers these words from the past. What Sumin said to her in previous chapter. And the other is her thoughts

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 1:38PM

joined Jul 24, 2016

Who cares about the long wait, I am just so GLAD that the eng version is now being released at the same time :)))

Not sure who uttered those last words. Was it Sumin or Seju? Would be a little surprised if it was Seju.

Sumin.

I don't think so. I am like 99% sure it's Seju. The "I know" part is hers (from previous convo), as well as the "now I know". Remember that Seju was very surprised when Sumin drop the I love you word to her, because she was always under the impression that Sumin hated her. So it makes all the sense that she said "now I know", because she finally realized Sumin's true feelings to her.

She getting her hair cut short might means that Seju wants to drag Sumin to get back to their old days (back when she has her hair short, bringing back the first love vibe). Because now she knows Sumin still loves her.

I agree with the above statement. ^
I feel like the end of chapter 56 is implying that Seju will try to win back Sumin, Because know she KNOWS that Sumin loves her. I know Sungji will still be around(maybe to be with Sumin again). I don't really know how Sumin feels about everything in general since she didn't really convince Sungji to stay with her.

IF Seju is going to fight for Sumin's love against Sungji, where will this story end for all three characters?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and back to being depressed again....

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Sungji seems to be showing a part of herself we never seen before, I like it. It gives her character more layers that will probably be unfolded more in the future. Also it seems that she was feeling that Sumin was ready to leave her all along, but she didn't say anything, and maybe did all these nice things to try and get Sumin closer to her.
They are finally at the confrontation stage of their relationship, which was always really important to happen, but well this was a really bad way nontheless.

As for Sumin x Seju, all along their bond seems to be very strong, even after all of these things that happened to them. Even after Seju cheating, this didn't break their bond. Which to me is remarkable, as quite few people seem to get bored of their partner easily and eventually they break up because there is nothing left. This is the thing I like about them all during the story andmade me ship them.
The way things are so far, even if Sumin chose Sungji after trying hard to redeem herself for the cheating, I still have this feeling that she will always love Seju. Maybe a little more than Sungji.

But who knows, the way it is now, maybe noone will end up with anyone in the end. Or somehting unexpected happens.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Sungji seems to be showing a part of herself we never seen before, I like it.

I agree with this. Sungji is finally showing some colour. She's becoming a little more interesting of a character, finally.

But who knows, the way it is now, maybe noone will end up with anyone in the end. Or somehting unexpected happens.

I've also been having the same thought. There might be a slight possibility where no one will end with anyone in the end, or Sumin and Sungji meeting again a couple of years later to finally re-start their relationship. Another ending I still believe is possible is One of them end up dying hahaha

I do wonder if Seju's going to fight to get Sumin back now more than ever (If so, I'm interested in her ways of doing it), or is she set on moving on now that she knows that Sumin still do love her. Either way, who knows what will happen next.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I do wonder if Seju's going to fight to get Sumin back now more than ever (If so, I'm interested in her ways of doing it), or is she set on moving on now that she knows that Sumin still do love her. Either way, who knows what will happen next.

I believe she is more determined to fight for Sumin. Not only for the fact that her hair cutting gives me the feeling of her wanting to go back to these days where Sumin loved her (and she had short hair back then). But also for the fact that there is still a whole arc left, and if she moves on so fast, there will mostly be Sumin and Sungji for the rest of the arc, which would make things a bit anti-climatic.

But I really want to see her using genuine ways to get Sumin back instead of doing malicious stuff. This chapter gave me a nice vibe about Seju, so I hope they will start developing her character in a healthier way instead of screwing her even more. So if she doesn't get Sumin back, at least she will be on the right mindset and able to stand on her own without Sumin in the future.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I believe she is more determined to fight for Sumin. Not only for the fact that her hair cutting gives me the feeling of her wanting to go back to these days where Sumin loved her (and she had short hair back then). But also for the fact that there is still a whole arc left, and if she moves on so fast, there will mostly be Sumin and Sungji for the rest of the arc, which would make things a bit anti-climatic.

That's true. It would be very anti-climatic, and real boring if most of the arc is just Sumin and Sungji all over each other. Maybe Seju cutting her hair is also a sign of a new her. The Seju she once was before shit hits the fan for her relationship and Sumin. It's nice to know that we will get a lot more of Sungji and Seju, and their pasts.

But I really want to see her using genuine ways to get Sumin back instead of doing malicious stuff. This chapter gave me a nice vibe about Seju, so I hope they will start developing her character in a healthier way instead of screwing her even more. So if she doesn't get Sumin back, at least she will be on the right mindset and able to stand on her own without Sumin in the future.

I agree with you. If they are going to make Seju pursue Sumin once again, then it would be more preferred if they let her do it in a healthy way, and not make her do it in a spiteful way. And if in the end she loses the battle, she would accept it with a big heart, and move on with her life, with or without someone new in her life. For once though, I would really like to see Sumin chasing after them instead of both Sungji and Seju chasing after her.

joined Aug 29, 2015

this chapter made me wish that WDFTS story started with Seju x Sumin than the original timeline. those flashback are just cruel and brutal lol. those romantic moments of them make me feel like they really are meant for each other but dun, dun, dun the reality is, not every relationship have a fairy tale ending especially on a yuri material. imo, Seju and Sumin have more chemistry and their story is more consistent and properly build up. but that's just opinion. and I'll probably miss Seju's long hair.

expectation on the next chapter. I hope the artist will add POV scenes of Sungji cause she feels like a secondary character. it will be easier to connect with her, if they will add POV scenes of her because since from the start, it look like every WDTFS reader are making assumptions/guessing on what she's thinking rather than relating to her. especially now that she's heartbroken. it will be the perfect time to add dimensions to her character.

joined Dec 9, 2014

this chapter made me wish that WDFTS story started with Seju x Sumin than the original timeline. those flashback are just cruel and brutal lol. those romantic moments of them make me feel like they really are meant for each other but dun, dun, dun the reality is, not every relationship have a fairy tale ending

My feelings exactly ;-;

expectation on the next chapter. I hope the artist will add POV scenes of Sungji cause she feels like a secondary character. it will be easier to connect with her, if they will add POV scenes of her because since from the start, it look like every WDTFS reader are making assumptions/guessing on what she's thinking rather than relating to her.

True. Not only Seju x Sumin is strong, but at the same time we don't get enough material to be easier to connect with Sungji. At least, of course, for me. Because I know there are a lot of Sungji lovers out there. i don't dislike her, I just don't find something in her that captivates me like Seju

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 5:30PM

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

And so that's what melancholy does to you (and to this manhwa): you're still in the same place.

I was expecting a better pacing. /:

joined Aug 29, 2015

True. Not only Seju x Sumin is strong, but at the same time we don't get enough material to be easier to connect with Sungji. At least, of course, for me. Because I know there are a lot of Sungji lovers out there. i don't dislike her, I just don't find something in her that captivates me like Seju

you know what, we're already on chapter 56 and I still can't figure out what kind of personality does Sungji have lol
like her character and personality is all over the place. her lack of backstory, perspective/insights to events makes her mysterious but at the same time. it's really hard to relate or connect with her. it feel's like she only exist in the story to go between Sumin and Seju. not to mention that she's almost too perfect that there's no room for her character to grow or develop in the story.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 2:26AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

you know what, we're already on chapter 56 and I still can't figure out what kind of personality does Sungji have lol
like her character and personality is all over the place. her lack of backstory, perspective/insights to events makes her mysterious but at the same time. it's really hard to relate or connect with her. it feel's like she only exist in the story to go between Sumin and Seju. not to mention that she's almost too perfect that there's no room for her character to grow or develop in the story.

Agreed.

Team Gaji always develops Seju character more than others, yet the endgame couple is Sumin x Sungji. Is Team Gaji really sure about that?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Couldn't have said it better.

Team Gaji always develops Seju character more than others, yet the endgame couple is Sumin x Sungji. Is Team Gaji really sure about that?

Maybe not.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 4:56AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Maybe not

Seems so.

Seju's story is just soooooo interesting. I look forward to seeing her ending more than Sumin's. As for Sungji, I think she is way too perfect that I, most of the times, couldn't have anything to talk about her. Btw, I think the third arc does give off a very cool vibe.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 5:45AM

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

I am not really an expert to this story as I do with the others but...I guess, Sumin ending up with nobody is much more...uhm..fair? I dunno. It just feels like that they are all victims of love and well...best to end their relationships at that. But that's my opinion. And I'm pretty biased on my opinion because of personal reasons and all.

Good luck to both Team Blonde and Team Pink though.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

People who can guess the ending right deserve a medal.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Guys, please explain a bit more on why wdtfs is a healing story when Sumin doesn't end up with anyone.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Guys, please explain a bit more on why wdtfs is a healing story when Sumin doesn't end up with anyone.

Because healing and being single can go together too. And really this aplies to all of the three, not just Sumin.
But to be honest, I'd be quite suprised if Sumin doesn't end up wit Sungji. I still believe they have 90% chance of endgame

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If healing and them being single MUST go together, I would as well have that idea that Team Gaji would be likely choosing that route. But because them being single is not necessary at all imo, I can't believe Team Gaji will end the story that way. They are suffering because they are in a relationship, so they choose to be single so that they will be not suffering anymore. That isn't a healing imo.

Right now I think a chance of Sumin x Sungji being endgame is 50% . I was 100% sure that Sumin would end up with Sungji until seeing Seju cutting her hair. :D

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 7:36AM

joined Jul 24, 2016

If healing and them being single MUST go together, I would as well have that idea that Team Gaji would be likely choosing that route. But because them being single is not necessary at all imo, I can't believe Team Gaji will end the story that way. They are suffering because they are in a relationship, so they choose to be single so that they will be not suffering anymore. That isn't a healing imo.

Right now I think a chance of Sumin x Sungji being endgame is 50% . I was 100% sure that Sumin would end up with Sungji until seeing Seju cutting her hair. :D

Lol Seju is pulling out the big guns after cutting her hair XD Now she's serious and kicking down to 50% of unpredictable

joined Dec 9, 2014

They are suffering because they are in a relationship, so they choose to be single so that they will be not suffering anymore. That isn't a healing imo.

Why isn't this healing though? Some relationships just cannot be saved and they only damage the people involved. Also the healing part might not be as absolute as we may make it seem to be.
Meaning that maybe some of the characters could very well not end up completely or relatively happy either. Gaji saying it doesn't mean they have to follow it 100% for each character.

Seju cutting her hair is a positive sign of changing for better, but that doesn't mean she will be with Sumin. I think we could delude ourselves that Seju has still chances because Gaji made it look like that so it won't be too boring until the end, but honestly in the end it's Sungji who is probably meant for Sumin.

My guess now is that Seju will always remember Sumin's love even if they are not together, and that will give her the strength to move on and fight in her life. She already seems to got stronger because of Sumin's confession. I mean that scene and the lighting that was falling on her in the end, felt like someone gettng freedom and/or strength.
Maybe in th end Sungji even accepts that they are still important to each other and doesn't mind them still keeping contact as friends.
So that would be a good ending imo. But who knows, were can all guess now and then next chapter comes and screws everything up.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Their relationship is not a kind of relationships that can't be saved though. It's a typical love triangle, so in the end, it can be that either Seju or Sungji will let go of Sumin for good imo.

Yeah, it would be too boring if they make Seju give up on Sumin easily. So her cutting her hair would be a sign that she has decided to fight until she wins Sumin back. But if they make her fight till the near end to keep the story interesting, then rushly make her give up on that, wdfts would be bad writing imo. I wonder if they would be able to make it seem reasonable enough for Seju to live on without her only reason for her to live.

I like how Team Gaji makes Sungji want to be alone for a while because with that maybe her character can be developed more than when she was with Sumin. I wish, in the next chapter, she cuts her hair too. :D

I think Sumin's confession helps Seju to realize that she doesn't need to wish for Sumin to suffer so that Sumin will come back to her again anymore. She can drop her dark side as well now, I think.

Maybe in th end Sungji even accepts that they are still important to each other and doesn't mind them still keeping contact as friends.

I'm afraid it becomes a threesome.

But who knows, were can all guess now and then next chapter comes and screws everything up.

Yeah.

Have you guys seen lezhin post on their facebook page about that people can write comments of support and love for Team Gaji to win 1000 points? I like wdfts, but I really can't write that kind of comment. Why didn't they just ask for a complained comment instead?

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 5:18PM

joined Sep 2, 2016

I just knew about WDTFS 2 days ago and I read all 56 chapters yesterday because it is the first time I read such story. so painful yet beautiful . I read several endings by readers and in short, they are: SuminXSeju, SuminXSungji, 3some, Sumin alone forever and one of the three may die.
To be honest, I hate the fact that I thought about these endings all night long and couldn't have a nice sleep. Here is my ending:

Seju would try to win Sumin back by seducing Sumin, giving her luxurious things, reminding her of their happy memories, begging for her mercy, etc. And what could broke the camel's back would be Seju hurting Sungji mentally or physically.

Regardless of what Seju does, Sumin can hate her for being selfish, possessive and childish, but never can really fall out of love with her because they have been bonded for so long or because Sumin felt sorry for deliberately hurting Seju after their breakup. However, she made a decision already, which is to be with Sungji. Then in one way or another, Sumin and Sungji make up. The only problem is that they have not yet figured out the least hurting way to deal with Seju. The personalities of Sungji would be emphasized more.

Something really bad would happen to Seju ( perhaps her heritage opponents would poison her or cause a car accident, or her father would die...). Then Seju would have no one by her side and again, she would choose the most tragic solution ( she commits suicide or sth like that. Just make her life more miserable)

All the mystery about Seju's family would be revealed and maybe there is something laid behind the fact that Seju slept with the bartender 10 years ago. ( Remember when Seju begged for Sumin's mercy when Sumin caught her cheating and Sumin said that if Seju didn't want sex or sth like that, then the guard in her apartment can possibly prevent that. Furthermore, we got a scene that a man slept in Seju's bed and Seju sat by the window. Maybe that sleepover was a trap from her family or sth...)

Meanwhile, Sumin is currently dating Sungji. When Sumin hear Seju screw up, she (and maybe with Sungji) visit Seju.This is when Sumin realizes that everything is still a mess and she is parts of the reasons for Seju's misery. She knows this is the time when Seju needs her the most. Sungj knows that too and chooses to break up with Sumin, then go far away. Sungji accepts the fact that the bond between Seju and Sumin would never be broken apart and the problems between them have not been solved. After that, Sumin and Seju would heal each other .

7 or maybe 10 years later, Sumin and Seju would be still together. Their relationship is no longer friends with benefit as they learn what love really is. Sumin would learn to be more decisive, take full responsibility for her decisions and never try to run away again. She truly loves Seju. In return, hopefully Seju would learn that love is not about possession and she still has someone that loves her besides Sumin.

Accidentally, Sumin and Sungji meet again in the place they took their first picture together. Ofc Sungji would become more mature and experienced. They spend several times sharing with each other their life all those years ( ofc no sex or lust )

In Seju's heart, she knows Sumin also loves Sungji and she can't simply take Sumin for her own for so long. At last, Seju would let Sumin go and be with Sungji. It isn't that Seju has such a big heart that she can share her only love, it simply means she finally knows to love someone and to see them happy. This time maybe Sumin would never return to her again but that's okay as long as they have bonded their heart together.

To summarize, my ending is like:
- Seju screw up
- Sumin and Seju help each other heal for several years while Sungji go away to learn about the world.
- After several years, Sumin and Seju change in a positive way. Sumin meet Sungji again. Seju knows Sumin still loves Sungji. Seju let Sumin go with Sungji and has no regret.

This is possibly not the best ending. Life is much more complicated. It really depends on the author's idea. However, I really hope that it would end like this.
- Seju can let go of Sumin to live her life, a happy one.
- She and Sumin still has a bond that nothing can interfere and it lasts until the day they die. They will always love each other and be family as they promised. They don't need to make sex or always stay together to prove that.
- Sungji may deserve a better person than Sumin but first love can not be faded away.
=>The endgame are SuminXSungji ( physically and mentally) and SuminXSeju ( mentally until the day they die )

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 10:03PM

joined Jun 9, 2016

i doubt the first love thing.. but as far as i watched in korean dramas when a girl cuts her hair in korea when she broke up with her boyfriend...lover ..etc !! its a well known sign of moving on ....

joined Jun 9, 2016

oh .. you guys should really read a manga called " gunjo " or "gunjou" its the most powerful mature , tragic story i've ever read ?! that will make WDTFS look like child's play !!! trust me don't be scared or fooled from the cover or art style witch i find amazing ! ...the story is by far the most intense and powerful i've ever read ,, it has about 21 ch that you can find in every manga site ..

To reply you must either login or sign up.