Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I remember being somewhat afraid of Nicholson's Joker... (I was very young)

Oh, Nezchan, have you seen this? http://www.1989batman.com/2015/02/vintage-magazine-article-mad-magazine.html

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can't judge Hamill, I watched the anime when I was a kid and it was dubbed. Though that's not really acting.

Woah, don't say that anywhere near a voice actor.

Edit : I really liked Nicholson's joker (well, I'm kind of fond of Nicholson's acting overall) but the film was ..decent. Could have been better.

Agreed. It wasn't bad per se, and honestly one of the better showings of his Bruce Wayne persona. Looks like Oscar material next to the sequel, though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I remember being somewhat afraid of Nicholson's Joker... (I was very young)

Oh, Nezchan, have you seen this? http://www.1989batman.com/2015/02/vintage-magazine-article-mad-magazine.html

Oh man, I grew up reading Mort Drucker film parodies. Hard to think of a popular film during that period he and a variety of writers didn't take on.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I just finished watching AnoHana fucking onion peeler ninja...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Suicide Squad wasn't that bad D:

I enjoyed everyone except like, Katana and Flagg D:

And Leto Joker was pretty bad :/

Captain Boomerang was awful (and useless) and Killer Croc was pointless. Wasteful use of a character.

And Leto Joker was pretty bad :/

Once again, we can not really judge it since 30 minutes of the joker were removed. Even if what I saw wasn't very convincing, I believe it gives a better impression in the director's cut.

He has no reasom to be in the film. Remove him and we have the exact same film with less pointless scenes.

Plus, the movie was boring enough at its length. I don't want to watch a longer boring movie. BvS was bad and boring and the Director's Cut fixes stuff but it is still too long.

DC mushes too many things together. Harley and Joker stuff should have been another movie.

DC just wants to rush instead of taking their time.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 9:14PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

DC has a weird obsession with making their characters Dark 'n' Gritty and sexing up the girls as much as possible. The director of Suicide Squad even went on record as misinterpreting the original animated series episode "Mad Love" as meaning Harley uses sex as a weapon (when it's actually the opposite), which didn't give me much confidence he'd do right by the character.

From everything I've heard, the cut Joker footage isn't any better than what made it into the film.

Sketch44191337
joined Jan 14, 2015

I just finished watching AnoHana fucking onion peeler ninja...

I understand your pain Q~Q though i tend to set up traps for them onion ninjas hahaha usually a mouse traps works wonders eerrr unless you get caught <- this is what happens when you learn a new trick nonstopness

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 12:26AM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Hey @Suosiki Welcome to the thread! I hope you enjoy your stay

deep bow

Ugh uni starts Monday I don't wanna go back D:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Captain Boomerang was awful (and useless) and Killer Croc was pointless. Wasteful use of a character.

Agree to disagree I guess :/

Alvis dun go back, run awaaay D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Alvis don't listen to what CCL says, you're welcome here!

CCL you destroy everything D:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't destroy things D:

I meant run away from university D:

Alvis run away from uni, stay here D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

What if it's already too late D:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The I'll cry ;_;

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

QUESTION TIME! ✌(◕‿-)✌

Who's your favorite mangaka? I mean art-wise not story-wise. General question, so doesn't have to be yuri related either.
Whose artworks just make you go: „Woah! Fuck that's beautiful!!! I can't stop looking!!“ (◦’ںˉ◦)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

uhhhhhh... Is it bad if I don't really pay proper attention to the pictures >_>

I read too quickly to have an opinion on art D:

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

That's not a crime, I guess. ^^
But how can you miss beauty when it's right in front of you..? That's... some kind of talent too... I guess...? O_O

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

My talent is missing all the good things in life :'D

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

QUESTION TIME! ✌(◕‿-)✌

Who's your favorite mangaka? I mean art-wise not story-wise. General question, so doesn't have to be yuri related either.
Whose artworks just make you go: „Woah! Fuck that's beautiful!!! I can't stop looking!!“ (◦’ںˉ◦)

In term of drawing and art, it's Tite Kubo.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

In term of drawing and art, it's Tite Kubo.

Whenever I think of Kubo's art my mind just goes straight to "The Heart". I do like his drawing in general though...

Samidare
joined Jul 21, 2014

Itou Hachi's art is probably the best of what I've read lately. The backgrounds and aesthetic are always really nice.

Koume Keito's style has gotten really good too, e.g. the Spice & Wolf manga...though the hentai vibe kinda saturates everything, which makes for some interesting contrast when everybody's talkin' about predatory lending and market fluctuations.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Kubo's background aren't great, but his character are so fucking well drawn it's stunning. For me no mangaka can match him in term of character drawing.

Too bad his writing is kind of bad, and his editors are jerk.

Such
An
Amazing
Art
Just
Look
At
This

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Liverpool conceded before a minute ;_;

I quite football it hurts too much ;_;

Hey now I won't disagree Kubo has some great character designs, there's a reason my avi is from Bleach D:

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Agree to disagree I guess :/

Please tell me what useful things did Killer Croc do. How did he improve the story?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Definitely Mira for me, with Kawashita Mizuki coming in at second ^ o ^

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Please tell me what useful things did Killer Croc do. How did he improve the story?

1 - He didn't have to "improve the story" it was an action movie with a few jokes, he just had to punch things
2 - Define useful
3 - or don't because I already said agree to disagree

To reply you must either login or sign up.