Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm just...I think I'm in shock. Wtf is this Romeo and Juliet. Wentworth has seriously ruined me too I swear to god.

Soooo I'm guessing Bea (the lead?) is also dead? That's kinda interesting and funny. Not for you guys obviously.

Allie survived and Bea probably died in kind of a mindblowing way.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm just...I think I'm in shock. Wtf is this Romeo and Juliet. Wentworth has seriously ruined me too I swear to god.

Soooo I'm guessing Bea (the lead?) is also dead? That's kinda interesting and funny. Not for you guys obviously.

Probably died? This was also the season finale right? So there's a chance she isn't dead. Then again, if Allie survived, then perhaps she'll become the next MC if they decided to kill off Bea.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Probably died? This was also the season finale right? So there's a chance she isn't dead. Then again, if Allie survived, then perhaps she'll become the next MC if they decided to kill off Bea.

I do think that Allie is going to be the next MC. And that the intention was to have Bea actually be dead. But, I do think this is similar to Asian!Dude in the Walking Dead. Have him pretty much be dead, see how fans react, and then revise accordingly.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

From TVlogieawards about the wentworth finale

Prepare to have that last tiny flame of hope doused. TV WEEK put a call into Foxtel to find out once and for all if Bea Smith (played by Danielle Cormack) did in fact die in the finale of Wentworth last night, and alas, our worst fears were confirmed.

Jo Porter, FremantleMedia Australia’s Director of Drama andWentworthExecutive Producer made the following statement:

"It is always an incredibly difficult decision to say farewell to a much-loved and revered character like Bea Smith,” Jo said. “Which is why this storyline has had such a huge impact on us all and we are sure fans will feel the same. This decision was particularly hard as it meant also saying goodbye to Danielle Cormack.

“Danielle is a magnificent actor, her powerful, brave and nuanced performance has been acknowledged with awards and accolades from fans and critics worldwide and I hope that I am lucky enough to work with her again. We will be forever indebted to Danielle for bringing Bea Smith to life in the first four seasons ofWentworth.”

Foxtel have also confirmed that filming for season 5 will start on Monday.

“While the shoes of Bea Smith will be hard to fill, with the start of Season 5 the gates of Wentworth Correctional Facility will again open to a raft of potential new stories and characters,” Jo adds.

The new season will air on Foxtel in 2017.

Source

last edited at Jul 27, 2016 3:09AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

That sucks, I wonder if she wanted to leave or not.

No happy end for them I guess.

Though, couldn't the writers have given them some happy ending? Instead of killing them off? xD Like transfer to the hospital and they escape or something? And then bring in a new cast.

Then again, ratings.

last edited at Jul 27, 2016 5:01AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Oh my god. You have killed me.

I was in denial. Who the hell is the main character now.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Probably Allie, since they didn't kill her off and everything. Can't wait for the slight raging when she starts loving someone else xD

joined Mar 25, 2013

Sooooo, Life is Strange is getting a TV series huh?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon posted:

Welp yuri ending is dead

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

telamon posted:

Welp yuri ending is dead

Wait, what??

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

melevas posted:

telamon posted:

Welp yuri ending is dead

Wait, what??

I'm guessing they will adopt the ending where Max sacrifices Chloe.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

melevas posted:

telamon posted:

Welp yuri ending is dead

Wait, what??

Or even worse, the Warren route =D

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 6:14PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

melevas posted:

telamon posted:

Welp yuri ending is dead

Wait, what??

Or even worse, the Warren route =D

I'll cry if they fuck this up.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'll not be holdingg my breathh for a yuri ending, considering how "eh" the devs were about the ending themselves.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Probably Allie, since they didn't kill her off and everything. Can't wait for the slight raging when she starts loving someone else xD

omg that's awful. don't say such things...my poor soul.

I actually feel terrible for Bea now...that was seriously a really tragic vain death.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anything noteworthy in True Blood? I've seen it mentioned that it has several lesbian ladies.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Anything noteworthy in True Blood? I've seen it mentioned that it has several lesbian ladies.

Is that show still ongoing? I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

Oh, guess it's over. Ended in 2014.

last edited at Jul 29, 2016 12:46PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Last time I checked there was some legit content in season 7 or just really late into the series, I've never watched it myself but there are a couple of women in the show that swing both ways I think.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I didn't see those in the list so I'd suggest the Handmaiden (not seen yet but I will as soon as they release it) and Persona (even if it's not really yuri, you can feel the yuri vibe, I guess). And also the The Children's Hour (even if this is fucking sad, I love this and I hate this at the same time).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Anyone watching MTV's Scream?

Audrey just confessed that she was (still is? maybe?) in love with Emma and I've been freaking out a bit.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone watching MTV's Scream?

Audrey just confessed that she was (still is? maybe?) in love with Emma and I've been freaking out a bit.

Uh-oh, they gonna be dead by the end of the season then xD

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So a bit late on this but I'm slightly annoyed at SU fans for alone at sea when Lapis Admitted she was essentially the abuser in an abusive relationship with Jasper and even though Jasper fucked up too and is emotionally unstable right now people are saying Lapis did nothing wrong and is a cinnamon roll while Jasper is somehow a monster and I'm convinced this is all just because Jasper is a very masculine woman as opposed to Lapis who is more traditionally feminine so people conveniently forget that Lapis is the strongest character on the show bar none and try to avoid addressing what Lapis did when even she herself admitted it was wrong.

last edited at Aug 3, 2016 10:30PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Just finished this very old Xena/Gabrielle fic http://www.merwolf.com/shadow1.html (next parts are linked at the bottom, though in some instances they are not linked correctly so just go to http://www.merwolf.com/ffiction.html and scroll down to Xena the Merciless section and you can choose a part)

It scratched my itch about a brutal and ruthless MC that kills people whenever they please, though, not without a reason (internal one more often than not). Though I won't be reading the sequels, because I absolutely despise the 'misunderstood killer that meets the love of his/her life or some other important figure and they develop a conscious and stop killing' trope and it looks like it will head in that direction.

It's a very good read though, and lengthy. Probably around 200k words, that's just an estimation.

The site http://www.merwolf.com/ffiction.html also has another Xena series that is also, fairly long, because of the number of installments, but there is also some OCs I think, that were eventually published by the author and can be bought, though you can still read them on there.

last edited at Aug 4, 2016 10:59AM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm not sure if it's exactly what everyone is after, but in Choice of Robots you can play as a woman and have your own robot wife. CoR isn't much of a game though; it's interactive fiction. It's definitely worth a read, robot wives aside.

What kind of monster would put aside robot waifus?

joined Oct 28, 2015

I didn't see those in the list so I'd suggest the Handmaiden (not seen yet but I will as soon as they release it) and Persona (even if it's not really yuri, you can feel the yuri vibe, I guess). And also the The Children's Hour (even if this is fucking sad, I love this and I hate this at the same time).

The Handmaiden is very good, it's right up there with Saving Face as my favorite gay movie. It's also based on Sarah Waters' novel Fingersmith, which is excellent.

There's a very long discussion thread here if anyone's interested: http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/5920311/1/

Also there are trailers on YouTube.

To reply you must either login or sign up.