Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nevri posted:

Also nothing beats Anal Shop. Best character in entire manga. Sadly rest of it is totally crap.

I had to look it up, because it rang a bell, but I couldn't remember where it came from. But yeah, Nononono was a failure for a gender-bender.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Nevri posted:

Also nothing beats Anal Shop. Best character in entire manga. Sadly rest of it is totally crap.

I had to look it up, because it rang a bell, but I couldn't remember where it came from. But yeah, Nononono was a failure for a gender-bender.

I'm impressed anyone actually read/got it. Yea, the premise was good and it had some solid ideas, but it really fast went off rails and drove further and further into mediocrity (like other work of this manga, Elfen Lied >.>) until the series was axed 1/3 into the plot. Have to give it credit though. It made skiing look like the most badass sport ever (and now I know what a telemark is!). After all, it is the only sport you can't practice without having insurance.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Not quite… Her competitive spirit is back, but going by that panel of the little her hugging Yurine's hat, something's definitely changed in her state of mind. As Faust said, she doesn't sound as desperate about it anymore.

It feels like she accepted that part of herself. And similar to what Faust said, she still wants her mother's acknowledgement but she isn't so focused on it anymore.

When I said that Ayaka's being herself once again, I meant her being a competitive person in general.

I really like Ayaka and Yurine's relationship. They're not dependent on each other but they support the other when needed.

Ayaka's always been competitive, always aiming for top. With Yurine's arrival, it became aiming for perfection.

But it's chill now, tho still fighting for the top, she's going about this competition with a healthier state of mind.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I think she mouthed Aishiteru

I thought it was Arigatou

Both of them work :P it's both cute it's all that matters.

Aishiteru doesn't work, the "te" doesn't match the "a" she's saying in the 3rd panel.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 9:23PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

YAAAAAAY Finally some progress fro Ayaka and Yurine.

It only took 23 chapters :v

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

(Teach me how to black out spoilers.)

Ch. 23:

This love they are building is one of the purest forms I have ever seen in a story. I keep pulling up the pages, not reading because I know what they are saying already, just watching them. It fills me with such a beautiful calmness. I can honestly say that that kiss was so rich and splendid, it could not have been done better. Fighting herself to do it, not because she owed it, but because she honestly wanted to. How is that not the pursuit of love? Forcing yourself to get what you really desire.

P.S. I'm going to be on pages 21, 22, and 23 for a little while longer today. You all know why.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Put two equal signs at the beginning and end of the text you want to hide.

It should look like this.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 24 preview > https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/758261255031263234

Back on Sawa and Itsuki. Quite a long chapter too, that may or may not be the end of their arc.

last edited at Jul 27, 2016 10:15AM

joined Jun 12, 2015
joined Oct 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/758738430213750785
Licensed.

Yen Press? I'm surprised.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Two girls, a new school, and the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

…Can I laugh?

"Citrus: Two straight girls, a fun school, and a healthy sisterly relationship."

But wait, does that mean I can no longer put the chaps on Dynasty? =[

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 4:42PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Two girls, a new school, and the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

…Can I laugh?

Yes.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Unless YP or you ask Dynasty to pull the chapters you should be fine.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It wasn't license in French at least.

joined Sep 21, 2014

http://yenpress.com/2016/07/yen-press-llc-announces-two-new-acquisitions/
Licensed.

OH SHIIIEEETTT.
Ngl, I'm at work hyperventilating, I'm surprised its Yen Press too though, but ayyya that description, cringe af
But yooo I'm so happy about it, this is definitely one of the titles I was hoping to get licensed <3

@Lyendith, tkt c'est chill. When Dynasty removes a series cus it got licensed, c'est parce que le groupe de scan prefere/decide de proceder de la sorte, pour encourager les gens à acheter la serie. You can keep translating it (unless the publisher asks you not to, but i dont remember Yen Press doing that. Murcielago is still been translated, i think)

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 5:39PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I see… That makes me think, do you have the French edition or the English one in Quebec? >.> Maybe both?

Yeah, that may take some time. But since Citrus is apparently selling pretty well, maybe some publishers will try to take more risks? I hope…

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 6:00PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I see… That makes me think, do you have the French edition or the English one in Quebec? >.> Maybe both?

Both, tho english and french publishers license different titles, and what's available in-stores/stocked probs also depends on how popular the titles are. From the bookstores i go to, i think english titles are more easily accessible, cus the publishers are american i imagine? French titles are well from france, probs lmao. From what I understand, if something isnt available en succursales or online, the bookstore will have to order it from the publisher, which will take a lot of time.
I ordered a lot of french yuri a few months ago, it tooks 10 weeks to ship >_>
Ah but yeah, to answer your question, we have both french and english books in general, manga compris. Though i feel like, in english bookstores, they stock up in more manga than french bookstores.

Yeah, that may take some time. But since Citrus is apparently selling pretty well, maybe some publishers will try to take more risks? I hope…

Oh, is it? That's nice. I heard that Citrus sales would play a significant role in the future licensing of more yuri.

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 6:35PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Y… Yeah, France and Belgium are kinda far away. >.>

I don't have the numbers, but vol. 3 (which came out today) was proudly exposed in the front row, which I've never seen happen for a series of that kind.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, saw the same thing in an english chain bookstore i go to, though it wasn't there for more than a few days.
I also remember that when vol 3 came out, they had 10 copies on the shelves, and vol 4 had 15. I'm guessing Citrus is selling well for them too
Seven seas, Citrus' english publisher announced a handful of more yuri licenses in the last months, i don't think there was ever so many titles to be released before :O

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 7:34PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

http://yenpress.com/2016/07/yen-press-llc-announces-two-new-acquisitions/
Licensed.

OH SHIIIEEETTT.
Ngl, I'm at work hyperventilating, I'm surprised its Yen Press too though, but ayyya that description, cringe af
But yooo I'm so happy about it, this is definitely one of the titles I was hoping to get licensed <3

@Lyendith, tkt c'est chill. When Dynasty removes a series cus it got licensed, c'est parce que le groupe de scan prefere/decide de proceder de la sorte, pour encourager les gens à acheter la serie. You can keep translating it (unless the publisher asks you not to, but i dont remember Yen Press doing that. Murcielago is still been translated, i think)

Nope, CXC dropped it when they heard it was licensed. They're going to release the chapters they're currently working on and that's that.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Nope, CXC dropped it when they heard it was licensed. They're going to release the chapters they're currently working on and that's that.

Ah okay, well, my answer's still the same, it depends on the scanlators. Their decision to drop or not, considering there isnt pressure from the publisher

last edited at Jul 28, 2016 7:52PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Another title to look forward in 2017!

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Damn it, I already have so many yuri manga to buy in 2017, I don't think I'll have enough spare money for this ;_;

Also praying yen press does a good job with this title, considering their track record (still salty over those No Game No Life light novels...)

last edited at Jul 29, 2016 9:21AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Damn it, I already have so many yuri manga to buy in 2017

That moment you realise that never before have you ever had to worry about having so many yuri manga to buy
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 is gonna be great, they really went at yuri licensing these last months

To reply you must either login or sign up.