Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

@HypocriticalLiar

This episode of Wentworth is safe to watch. But the preview for next episode makes me really anxious. I'm really afraid of Allie dying in the season finale. Bea and Allie totally kiss in the preview though.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm late as heck to this but I just realized that FLCL is getting 12 new episodes starring a girl. Setting aside the possibility that they might screw it up terribly, and that Haruko is more of an "unrequited love" type person, I wonder if there's some yuri potential there.

Interesting. Might watch it now, wasn't the biggest fan of the first season.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I loved Flcl! It's crazy and wtf-y like Paranoia Agent! So happy it's a girl mc this time!

Aslo oitnb has been so funny season, so far!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

@HypocriticalLiar

This episode of Wentworth is safe to watch. But the preview for next episode makes me really anxious. I'm really afraid of Allie dying in the season finale. Bea and Allie totally kiss in the preview though.

omg, thanks for the heads up. I've been too terrified to watch it. And holy snap, that didn't even cross my mind. That can't happen! I already lost my head when I thought Frankie was going to die last season. Man I was going to be pissed. Allie dying is literally the second worst thing that could happen. Short of Bea and Frankie dying, which is completely impossible as Plot!Armor exists for Bea and well...Frankie deserves a happy life now -_-.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just started watching wentworth, it was so weird seeing a child in there like it was a daycare.

Jacs makes me think of an evil martha Stewart, and Franky is really pretty.

The show itself is kinda depressing.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

just started reading detective comics rebirth batwomans back !!!! hopefully maggie comes back later too also magic the gathering has a canon lesbian pair but I'm worried about they're future though since their is a super evil space spaghetti monster making every mutate or die painfully

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

just started reading detective comics rebirth batwomans back !!!! hopefully maggie comes back later too also magic the gathering has a canon lesbian pair but I'm worried about they're future though since their is a super evil space spaghetti monster making every mutate or die painfully

Anything to prevent Batwoman getting married, I guess.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Remember "superheros can never be happy"

And if they are ever happy it gets retconned see:spiderman.
This is why I dont read comics anymore.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm late as heck to this but I just realized that FLCL is getting 12 new episodes starring a girl. Setting aside the possibility that they might screw it up terribly, and that Haruko is more of an "unrequited love" type person, I wonder if there's some yuri potential there.

Interesting. Might watch it now, wasn't the biggest fan of the first season.

I guess you forgot how Haruko just used the guy in the first season because she wanted to get back to the person she was in love with. Who was a man. Don't know why you'd expect something happy out of it. Goofy, sure, but not a happy ending. Also, who's to say they won't reverse it? Haruko is gonna become the male equivalent of her or something.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, DC has been pretty much anti-marriage across the board. The Supermarriage got busted up, Animal Man's marriage went in the dumpster, pretty sure even Barry and Iris got retconned too. I think there was more to it in the Batwoman situation, but there's bias on DCs part even so.

Spider-man, that was a complete mess. Don't know why anyone thought One More Day was a good idea, or even vaguely in character.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Well, DC has been pretty much anti-marriage across the board. The Supermarriage got busted up, Animal Man's marriage went in the dumpster, pretty sure even Barry and Iris got retconned too. I think there was more to it in the Batwoman situation, but there's bias on DCs part even so.

Spider-man, that was a complete mess. Don't know why anyone thought One More Day was a good idea, or even vaguely in character.

Because if superhero isn't a teen/young adult but a fully grown married wo/man, people won't be able to relate to them and they won't sell as well (I'm pretty sure that kind of bs was the reason for retconning Spidy marriage).

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 12:22PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It's like those goofy contracts of Japanese idols that they can't have relationships, so that lonely salarymen can have fap material or something.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Are big barda and mister miracle still together? because they are the only example of a super couple that has fought together and stayed together for years that I can think of.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are big barda and mister miracle still together? because they are the only example of a super couple that has fought together and stayed together for years that I can think of.

I don't even know for sure if Scott Free is still in continuity. Barda is, I think. But if he's not then that's gone too.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Because if superhero isn't a teen/young adult but a fully grown married wo/man, people won't be able to relate to them and they won't sell as well (I'm pretty sure that kind of bs was the reason for retconning Spidy marriage).

they also like to use the excuse of it won't lead to any interesting stories

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just watched Her Story, which is described as "a 6-episode new-media series that looks inside the dating lives of trans & queer women as they navigate the intersections of desire & identity." It's quite good, the writing and acting are spot-on, production values are tight, and the issues raised ring true. Best of all, the two leads have chemistry up the wazoo!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Wentworth: W.T.F. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK WAS THAT LAST MINUTE OF THAT LATEST EPISODE. THEY COULDN'T GIVE US ONE FUCKING HAPPY EPISODE

Also at the person joining the Wentworth wagon, welcome! Be prepared for lots of heartache, laughs, and rage. Maybe post a couple of comments here and there...it's always interesting to see what people are thinking halfway through the current series.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Just watched Her Story, which is described as "a 6-episode new-media series that looks inside the dating lives of trans & queer women as they navigate the intersections of desire & identity." It's quite good, the writing and acting are spot-on, production values are tight, and the issues raised ring true. Best of all, the two leads have chemistry up the wazoo!

Hey Nez, thank you so much for the series! It landed on me in the very moment I needed some support and delivered sooooo well!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wentworth: W.T.F. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK WAS THAT LAST MINUTE OF THAT LATEST EPISODE. THEY COULDN'T GIVE US ONE FUCKING HAPPY EPISODE

Also at the person joining the Wentworth wagon, welcome! Be prepared for lots of heartache, laughs, and rage. Maybe post a couple of comments here and there...it's always interesting to see what people are thinking halfway through the current series.

Who died? xD

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Who died? xD

The last minute was Allie being killed. If you don't know who Allie is, she's pretty much the only person the MC ever fell in love with.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Who died? xD

The last minute was Allie being killed. If you don't know who Allie is, she's pretty much the only person the MC ever fell in love with.

NO SHE'S NOT DEAD NO SHE'S NOT DEAD NO SHE'S NOT DEAD LALALALALALA

Maan, I can't wait for the season finale... I'm like, really scared for everyone.

last edited at Jul 20, 2016 5:49PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

NO SHE'S NOT DEAD NO SHE'S NOT DEAD NO SHE'S NOT DEAD LALALALALALA

Maan, I can't wait for the season finale... I'm like, really scared for everyone.

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT YOU WERE CRAZY LAST WEEK. I DIDN'T SEE YOUR THEORY'S POSSIBILITY AT ALL.

And now. And now.

I'm absolutely terrified. Especially since the original series was a bloodbath. E.g. (spoiler for original Wentworth): Frankie is supposed to be dead

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The newest chapter of Tenkuu Shinpan just got 900% gayer....

I means it 's not like it was not already super gay before. It was just that: finally it's confirmed that Yuri x Nise are mutual after all. Because if "I feel like we are connected to each other. I love her, my angel" is not a confession of love. Then I don't know what else is

last edited at Jul 20, 2016 6:54PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

I means it 's not like it was not already super gay before. It was just that: finally it's confirmed that Yuri x Nise are mutual after all. Because if "I feel like we are connected to each other. I love her, my angel" is not a confession of love. Then I don't know what else is

Sounds like typical admiration for japanese at least.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Sounds like typical admiration for japanese at least.

Are you a sadist by any chance? D:

Stop going out of the way to crush my OTP!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.